The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Squeaks and rattles

4 posters

Go down

Squeaks and rattles Empty Squeaks and rattles

Post by Kathy Fri Sep 16, 2016 9:50 pm

Is there such a thing as a rattle free motorhome Even with cushions and pillows in pan cupboards,dish cupboards,cutlery drawer etc. There is still squeaks and rattles that drive you insane. Is this just the normal or is there a van out there rattle free. 
Regards Kathy
Kathy
Kathy

Female

Member Age : 70
Auto-Sleeper : gloucester
Vehicle Year : 2013

Back to top Go down

Squeaks and rattles Empty Re: Squeaks and rattles

Post by Paulmold Fri Sep 16, 2016 10:01 pm

Normal as far as I know.

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathy Fri Sep 16, 2016 10:08 pm

Thanks Paul for your quick reply. Nice to now you get rattles too and it is not only my van. 
Regards Kathy
Kathy
Kathy

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by dbroada Fri Sep 16, 2016 10:10 pm

You couldn't hear squeaks and rattles in my Transit, although any time the van was moving the only thing you could hear was the engine.

dbroada
dbroada
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo EK (Stolen)
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathy Fri Sep 16, 2016 10:18 pm

Thanks dboadra, Was that your previous van as I noticed you have a autosleeper Neuvo. Is there no noise from this model.
Regards Kathy
Kathy
Kathy

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by dbroada Fri Sep 16, 2016 10:29 pm

Yes, that was the previous van. This one is MUCH quieter. There are squeaks but not yet too distracting. We are about to use it properly for the first time so ask me again in a months time.

dbroada
dbroada
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo EK (Stolen)
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulmold Fri Sep 16, 2016 10:41 pm

Kathy wrote:Thanks Paul for your quick reply. Nice to now you get rattles too and it is not only my van. 
Regards Kathy
As you said in opening post, we wrap grill pan in bubble wrap, put tea towel between oven glass lid and burners etc etc. Then you learn to live with it.

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Post by daisy mae Fri Sep 16, 2016 10:48 pm

I have just about eliminated all rattles,

I have laptop silicone sleeves for grill pan/ roasting tin, kept in grill, oven dishes and trays  in another silicone sleeve in the oven, these have zips, pans and kettles have their own draw string bags  I made out of  microfibre  material, live under the kitchen sink cupboard, cutlery trays have non slip matting on top. kitchen utensils are inside an oven mitt, in kitchen cupboard, on site go on the rack next to the cooker.
All blinds and bathroom glass fronted cabinet I use the end of pencil rubbers, bought a box full from Wilkos,one each side on the window blinds to stop them rattling in the frames, and two in between the two mirror doors  on bathroom cabinet, I check cupboard and door catches every now and then as I find the screws can work loose, especially in the hinges,  those that are bit iffy I put in new screws.

The Heki2 blind also put in foam wedges when travelling stops that rattling.

Bottles of wine etc, I have cut a ski sock ( new ) in half , sewed up one end of the cut off piece, they slip over the bottles, one pair makes four bottle covers. all cupboards lined with nonslip matting, the best I have bought of that sort is this week from Aldi, rolls of it white and clear, it is heavyweight and doesn`t ruck up, so have replaced all the other stuff I had with the new sort.

Glass cooker top, I have non slip matting  under the lid also on top of the lid, not only stops any rattles also saves scratching the lid when used as a work top.

Van is relatively quiet, good job really as Bearded Collies are noise sensitive.
daisy mae
daisy mae
Donator
Donator

Female

Auto-Sleeper : Hampshire Topaz
Vehicle Year : 2008 98

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathy Fri Sep 16, 2016 11:00 pm

Thanks thanks for all these tips daisy Mae. You've fairly been busy eliminating all the rattles. Was it just this week the offer is on for the non slip matting. As the stuff I have rucks up.
Regards Kathy
Kathy
Kathy

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by daisy mae Fri Sep 16, 2016 11:24 pm

Hi Kathy,

I first saw it today, they didn`t have it last week, at least I don`t think so I didn`t see it anyway, I usually look to see what is new,  I haven`t seen any like this before, it is in a roll, I bought the white, thought it looked clean and fresh, they also had the clear.

I also put some in the cake tins, baking trays / cooking  tins cupboard in the house, as I have them stored on end and not flat, they tend  to slip when taking one out, not now.

Trouble I find with Aldi. I buy something that I find good then when I want some again they don`t have it, have been looking for a long time for the sticky stuff remover, so bought some from on line.
I will go back tomorrow to get another roll of the nonslip , just in case they don`t have it again.it will keep.

I tried to eliminate rattles as much as possible as my dog travels with me and as she is a Beardie they are very sensitive to  noise , makes it more comfortable for me as well.

Best regards,
Margaret

Dr. Seuss
daisy mae
daisy mae
Donator
Donator

Female

Auto-Sleeper : Hampshire Topaz
Vehicle Year : 2008 98

Back to top Go down