The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Broadway EL Beds - Condensation

3 posters

Go down

Broadway EL Beds - Condensation  Empty Broadway EL Beds - Condensation

Post by CC Thu May 05, 2016 2:35 pm

Our Broadway EL has the slatted bench beds, but where the head end is they have a solid lid to access storage beneath rather than the slats, as a result when lifting the cushions up this area often has a slight condensation damp feel in the mornings. 

I did think about adding some holes in the lid top to aid ventilation but then quickly realised that as its that rubbish chipboard not solid wood it would seriously weaken it, sometime ago I recall seeing an advert in MMM for a kind of mat material to prevent condensation under beds, but have been unable to track it or anything similar down now I actually need it, do others suffer this same issue and if so do you have a solution? 

Currently I just lift the end cushions and 10-15 mins later they are touch dry again, not a big deal I know but I still don't like the thought of the cushions getting damp in the first place.

CC

Male

Member Age : 59
Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EL Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Broadway EL Beds - Condensation  Empty Re: Broadway EL Beds - Condensation

Post by Gromit Thu May 05, 2016 3:21 pm

Hi CC

Simple answer is to replace the chipboard lid with a slab of beech or good quality plywood. (Marine ply is extremely strong.) Then drill your ventilation holes, and condensation should be a distant memory.

Dave smile!
Gromit
Gromit
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 80
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo EK LP
Vehicle Year : 2015

Back to top Go down

Post by CC Thu May 05, 2016 4:15 pm

Hi Gromit, yes that's one option I guess but seems a little drastic... 

Funnily enough I've had another look around and found this stuff [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] it's flippin expensive but 2x 1x sqr mtrs would be enough to solve the issue

I did wonder if some of that non slip rubber matting would have a similar kind of effect, doubtful but might be worth a punt as I have a couple of rolls laying around shrugg

Male

Member Age : 59
Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EL Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Post by daisy mae Thu May 05, 2016 9:04 pm

When we had the problem in a caravan years ago we put a blanket between the board and the mattress worked well.

Dr. Seuss
daisy mae
daisy mae
Donator
Donator

Female

Auto-Sleeper : Hampshire Topaz
Vehicle Year : 2008 98

Back to top Go down