The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

filling van with water

+18
Maasai Warrior
merv
groundhog
cruisecontrol
bikeralw
Libraryman2
opatija
Junige36
inspiredron
Jaytee
Paramedic
Starlight
Gromit
yottieman
Peter Brown
daisy mae
Paulmold
simon59
22 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

filling  van with water - Page 4 Empty Re: filling van with water

Post by kaspian Sun May 07, 2017 10:34 am

Hi Dave , no problem with Skoda ( have owned 6 inc current )  or Hyundai for that matter . Two companies who have raised their game and produce excellent products where the so called high end producers rested on their laurels such as Mercedes and got a name for pruducing bodywork out of alka seltzer (rust).We have owned a fair few and Hyundai even renewed all alloy wheels at 5 years old due to very slight corrosion appearing - excellent service . My mate got refused the same claim by Audi at 13 months old and his car was 3 times the  cost of mine!
       Will never agree with your theory re appliance cost etc Its not them that go wrong . It is the half #ssed attention to detail and  just plain poor design and workmanship at fault. ( why put a drawer runner in with 3 screws when 1 will do sort of stuff)  Even then , give a named person and team  at the end of the assembly line the task of going through the van with a fine toothcomb to sign off that it is fit for delivery any faults can then be traced back to who built the item and retrain or ditch- up to them!
          PDI at dealers should be just a failsafe for the consumer to catch anything missed or problems done between factory gate and dealer and not the point where vans are getting ' final assembly' Ultimately it is ALL OF OUR FAULTS as we quietly fettle away in our sheds repairing and modifying our vans rather than beat down the doors of the manufacturer no matter who made it. This would give a true indication of quality as a queue of disgruntled customers at the factory gate with a news film unit thrown in for publicity  is NOT good for  business. For years faults from all manufacturers of caravans and motorhomes were put down to it being a ' cottage' industry . We have visited The Explorer group factory in Consett and found it anything but ! CNC machines churning out doors to millimetric precision etc. I asked why they still used hardwood to frame doors and the answer was real wood is far lighter than the mdf rubbish used by others! As you say if it aint broke dont fix it! (Just screw it together properly in the first place !! )
kaspian

Male

Member Age : 64
Auto-Sleeper : WARWICK XL
Vehicle Year : 2017

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Brown Sun May 07, 2017 10:55 am

This discussion is nothing to do with filling a van with water. I come into this forum to assist people who ask for help, not to listen to persistent rants - please go and moan somewhere else!

Peter #1
Peter Brown
Peter Brown
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 71
Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EB
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by bikeralw Sun May 07, 2017 1:34 pm

Whilst I agree with Peter to a certain extent, and the thread has certainly broadened from the original post, we all come to this forum for different reasons. I also visit to both look for, and give advice where I can.
But I also find it informative to hear from other owners who have had problems, or come to that, have found vast improvements in certain areas when upgrading to newer models.
Maybe we should have a separate section for rants.... 
On the whole, this forum beats all others I visit, both helpful, and in the main, polite and friendly.
Al.
bikeralw
bikeralw
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo
Vehicle Year : 2004

Back to top Go down

Post by PLOUGHLIN Sun May 07, 2017 1:46 pm

There is a Grumpy Old Men's section. hugegrins

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 54
Auto-Sleeper : MB Gloucester
Vehicle Year : 2011

Back to top Go down

Post by kaspian Sun May 07, 2017 2:06 pm

Your right Peter , Gromit and I did stray off topic rather far - sorry to all who were bored to tears -but if someone asks specific questions or directly challenges replies you tend to at least try to give an answer ( with a little humour intended) ! Hopefully no one died of boredom or even been injured..I have picked up much valuable advice and information  on this forum and have hopefully given good advice and been thanked in the past . It is all about helping each other !         
       Al ,  what I find fascinating is how rather than suffer in silence there are many in the same boat...with the same problems. Maybe a rant section and an I'm delighted with my new purchase section would be appropriate ..Ploughlin , I can take the grumpy but less of the old thanks:hugegrins:
kaspian

Male

Member Age : 64
Auto-Sleeper : WARWICK XL
Vehicle Year : 2017

Back to top Go down

Post by Starlight Sun May 07, 2017 9:09 pm

Well to conclude, Ive purchased a replacement pressure switch for £27.00 fitted it and the issue has gone away.  I dismantled the "old switch" and found a few sections of black mastic preventing the non return valve sealing.  Now to tell Marquiss I won't need them to diagnose the problem at £78.00 per hour that you guys did for nothing.  Thanks all.  Here's to our next adventure!  Now where did that black mastic come from?!
Starlight
Starlight

Male

Member Age : 68
Auto-Sleeper : Bourton
Vehicle Year : 2014

Back to top Go down

Post by inspiredron Sun May 07, 2017 9:58 pm

Well - now you have a spare!  Well done.

Male

Member Age : 82
Auto-Sleeper : Lancashire
Vehicle Year : 2012

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4