The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ALARM FITTED IN AUTO SLEEPER NUEVO

+4
burlingtonboaby
steve00136
Paulmold
richardfranklyn
8 posters

Go down

ALARM FITTED IN  AUTO SLEEPER NUEVO Empty ALARM FITTED IN AUTO SLEEPER NUEVO

Post by richardfranklyn Wed Feb 24, 2016 5:36 am

Hi, just purchased 2005 Peugeot boxer Auto sleeper Nuevo. Does any-one know if this model is fitted with an alarm from new or are some and not others depending on the year.. Many thanks Rick
richardfranklyn
richardfranklyn

Male

Member Age : 82
Auto-Sleeper : nuevo
Vehicle Year : 2005

Back to top Go down

ALARM FITTED IN  AUTO SLEEPER NUEVO Empty Re: ALARM FITTED IN AUTO SLEEPER NUEVO

Post by Paulmold Wed Feb 24, 2016 5:51 am

As far as I know alarms are not supplied from new. My Nuevo is a 2006 and I had to get one fitted when we bought it two years ago.

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

ALARM FITTED IN  AUTO SLEEPER NUEVO Empty Re: ALARM FITTED IN AUTO SLEEPER NUEVO

Post by steve00136 Wed Feb 24, 2016 11:02 am

The 2004 Nuevo we had had an alarm fitted new but by Brownhills not the factory - so I guess it is down to what the buyer asked for when originally new.

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 71
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo / Lancashire
Vehicle Year : 2009

Back to top Go down

Post by burlingtonboaby Wed Feb 24, 2016 6:06 pm

richardfranklyn wrote:Hi, just purchased 2005 Peugeot boxer Auto sleeper Nuevo. Does any-one know if this model is fitted with an alarm from new or are some and not others depending on the year.. Many thanks Rick

We had a retro-fitted Cobra alarm fitted to our 09 Nuevo, good products
Boaby
burlingtonboaby
burlingtonboaby
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 74
Auto-Sleeper : Devon Firefly
Vehicle Year : 2018

Back to top Go down

ALARM FITTED IN  AUTO SLEEPER NUEVO Empty ALARM FITTED IN AUTO SLEEPER NUEVO

Post by richardfranklyn Wed Feb 24, 2016 10:06 pm

Hi,  thanks for replying to my question. A friend told me that Peugeot boxers were fitted with alarms from 1999 onwards and insurance companies require this information.  Don't want to find out later that my insurance is not effective. Kind regards Rick.( wife of actually) confused3
richardfranklyn
richardfranklyn

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Gromit Wed Feb 24, 2016 10:19 pm

Hi Wife of

I think your friend is wrong. We've had three Peugeot Boxers since 1999 and none of them had an alarm fitted.

Also I think insurance companies only demand that an alarm is fitted if the van is over a certain value. I'm not at all sure about the details, but a quick call to your company would establish that, and any other information you need to know.

Dave
Gromit
Gromit
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 80
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo EK LP
Vehicle Year : 2015

Back to top Go down

Post by PLOUGHLIN Wed Feb 24, 2016 10:27 pm

Peugeot Boxer only has Cat 2 immobiliser according to this site. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 54
Auto-Sleeper : MB Gloucester
Vehicle Year : 2011

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulmold Wed Feb 24, 2016 10:47 pm

Some insurance companies offer a discount for an approved alarm usually 5 or 10%. You have to weigh up the discount against cost of alarm.

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Post by rose49f Thu Feb 25, 2016 12:51 am

Mine has no alarm and don't think I would fit one either. They are handy at running your battery down. I have a good wheel clamp, steering lock and an immobilizer. So far so good touch wood.
rose49f
rose49f
Donator
Donator

Female

Member Age : 74
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo ES
Vehicle Year : 2006

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 25, 2016 1:02 am

On my Nuevo, I have a strike back alarm fitted by Vanbitz, it covers all the habitation doors and lockers and vehicle. Also have a bike loop fitted. It also gives me a discount on insurance. Also fitted is a devils siren fitted, apparently you do not want to stay in the vehicle when it goes off, I have not tried it out. But hopefully should abort a vehicle Break in and a vehicle steal
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Gromit Thu Feb 25, 2016 1:35 am

Redwink wrote:Also fitted is a devils siren fitted, apparently you do not want to stay in the vehicle when it goes off, I have not tried it out.
If you do try it, make sure you have nothing in your hands. You will want to get your fingers in your ears very rapidly!!!! We have an option to switch off the Devil's Wail with the Growler alarm we now have. (I'm pleased about that!  content )

It is censored!  loud!! The Memsahib was inside once when she set it off, and it took a week for her to stop twitching! innocent

Dave
Gromit
Gromit
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 80
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo EK LP
Vehicle Year : 2015

Back to top Go down

Post by dbroada Thu Feb 25, 2016 1:43 am

I have ordered my Nuevo with a Cat 1 device from new, but it is not standard. When I was looking at new vans in the NEC I was told most vans come with a Cat 3 device (immobiliser) only - which is probably the Peugeot bit.

dbroada
dbroada
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 70
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo EK (Stolen)
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by richardfranklyn Thu Feb 25, 2016 5:13 am

Hi, thanks to all for taking time to offer good advice. The van is fitted with immobilizer, so  will be investing in a steering lock. Many thanks wife of  wave
richardfranklyn
richardfranklyn

Male

Back to top Go down