The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Auto-Sleeper Nuevo Rear Lights

+3
roli
Paulmold
CC
7 posters

Go down

Auto-Sleeper Nuevo Rear Lights Empty Auto-Sleeper Nuevo Rear Lights

Post by CC Sun Nov 06, 2011 4:45 pm

Can anyone tell me if the bulb holders in the circular rear lights on the Nuevo an Auto-Sleeper part or can these be obtained elsewhere?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Picked up our Nuevo on Friday, and had a bulb failure warning light on the dash illuminated all the way home, took the bulb out and it looked OK so put back in and it worked fine, got in the Nuevo this morning and the warning light is on again, removed bulb bent the holders connection lugs slighty in case it wasn't making good enough contact and once more the bulb worked fine, moved the Nuevo a short while ago when I parked her up & the darn warning light is on again and the bulb is out!

Does anyone else think it might be worth replacing the bulb holder for a new one? Suppose I could illuminate the left side holder by trying the right side holder in its place maybe? Didn't think to try that until just now shrugg and as already asked are these an Auto-Sleeper part as I suspect?

Thanks CC

Male

Member Age : 59
Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EL Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Auto-Sleeper Nuevo Rear Lights Empty Re: Auto-Sleeper Nuevo Rear Lights

Post by Paulmold Sun Nov 06, 2011 5:01 pm

Try a new bulb first as could be a poor connection deep down in the bulb base. Or try cleaning contacts in the lead to holder connector.
Hope everything else is looking good on your new MH. Do I remember reading somewhere that you were getting it from Spinney? If so don't forget to join the Spinney Club as this gives you discount in their shop, they also have an on-line shop now. Also as a member they invite you to rallies on their own field a couple of times a year.
Paulmold
Paulmold
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper : Sussex Duo

Back to top Go down

Post by CC Sun Nov 06, 2011 5:38 pm

Hi Paul

Thanks, yes we got it from Spinney's picked it up Friday morning and had a good drive home smile!
We were aware of the Spinney Club, but to be honest there was so much to take in with the new MH that that took priority over everything else, but will look into this possibly in the near future.

Good point about the bulb, I have some new Philips Vision Plus tail light bulbs coming so will be replacing them anyway, but just presumed as the bulb lit up it was OK and put it down to the holder being at fault. I did clean up the contacts in the holder and bent the two prongs at the rear in case they were not quite getting a good enough contact, have a new bulb here that I will try sometime tomorrow and if that doesnt work then I will try the holder from the other side just to be certain.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by roli Sun Nov 06, 2011 11:24 pm

Glad you got it ok. Presume all the jobs were done. Did you lean on Andrew for some forum support or shall I go and have a go.
Just remnded me that bulldog01 has what looks light either an iffy bulb or poor earth on one of his luton lights, so if you read this Bri might be worth trying a new bulb 1st.
Good point on the Spinney Club, anyone can join, not just their customers and you only pay for the rallies attended could be a venue for an informal meet of ASOF members.
Are you members Paul ?
roli
roli

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Warwick Duo
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulmold Mon Nov 07, 2011 7:39 am

Yes Roger we are members, never been to a rally though. I know they are to show the latest models and therefore to encourage you to spend but they also have technicians at these rallies for any problems you may have. Also there's always free BBQ, costs around a tenner for the weekend. As you say could be good for an informal meet.
Paulmold
Paulmold
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by roli Mon Nov 07, 2011 8:59 am

Some of our friends have been trying to get us to join for ages,I suppose it makes sense as the rally field is less than 30 minutes from home and I have heard some good reports
roli
roli

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Warwick Duo
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulmold Mon Nov 07, 2011 9:16 am

I've seen banners on other websites claiming 'spinney club' as the fastest growing club, I doubt that as this one seems to grow rather quickly.
This thread seems to have gone way of topic, apologies .
Paulmold
Paulmold
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by deckie Mon Nov 07, 2011 9:25 am

roli wrote:Some of our friends have been trying to get us to join for ages,I suppose it makes sense as the rally field is less than 30 minutes from home and I have heard some good reports

Hi Roger & All,

I'm a sucker for a free BBQ, so what's a 450 mile round trip matter hugegrins hugegrins

Brian

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 79
Auto-Sleeper : Clubman GL

Back to top Go down

Post by CC Tue Nov 08, 2011 4:57 pm

Got in touch with Auto-Sleeper parts dept regarding the bulb holder but still not had a response despite leaving it two days, anyway... have done a bit of investigating elsewhere and the lights come complete with either a straight or the right angled connector as fitted by Auto-Sleeper, the lights are made by Jokon and the whole light unit and connector only costs around £15 incl postage, with AS charging £5 delivery it's going to be cheaper not getting it through them anyway but a response to my query would have been nice never the less rolleyes

Have just fitted some new bulbs in both sides and so far have no issues with the left side light not working fingersx Got some Philips Vision Plus stop / tail bulbs which they say "provide 50% more reaction time to the driver behind to brake, as a result of a brighter & faster lit-up braking light. Ultimately, the driver behind has approximately 3 meters more braking distance at 100 km/h" They certainly seem brighter and more evenly lit and didn't cost much more than a pair of ordinary bulbs so will see how they go!

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by CC Tue Nov 08, 2011 5:29 pm

roli wrote:Glad you got it ok. Presume all the jobs were done. Did you lean on Andrew for some forum support or shall I go and have a go.

Sorry Roger, almost missed that.....

Yes all the jobs were done.... dropped Andrew an email over the weekend as we never got the habitation check certificate but no response as yet.
Gave him a forum mug and a load of calling cards, he seemed to be aware of ASOF's presence but I never pushed too hard, so if you're passing and want to add some "gentle persuasion" in your professional capacity that might well be a good idea, sure you would do a much better job than me anyway and he seems to be familiar with you at least hugegrins

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by CC Fri Dec 02, 2011 4:07 pm

Despite changing the rear bulbs recently and checking the connections etc, this rear light problem is still going on, it's intermittent which just makes the situation worse rolleyes

The rear tail light has not been working for the past week or so and showing the orange "Faulty bulb" light on the dash so getting fed up of trying to rectifying this myself got it booked into a Peugeot dealership in the hope of getting it resolved, by sods law the light worked on the way to the dealers and in the workshop (it would wouldn't it happyno ) of course you can guess whats coming... "We've checked everything out and it all looks fine" hugegrins

When the light is not lit, removing the light cluster, checking and putting it back in will result in the light coming on again, this is what happened when I changed the bulbs so thought it was fixed initially until the next day when the warning light came on, have pulled it about several times since with the same result it works for a while which tells me it's a bad connection somewhere so will order a replacement tail light cluster just to eliminate that at least then see where we go from there, at £81 per hour (Peugeot hourly rate) I'm reluctant to send it back to their workshop only to be told they can find nothing wrong again rolleyes

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Peterm Sat Dec 03, 2011 2:45 pm

CruizingComet,

I had similar problems on a Recro years ago. It turned out to be the screw connecting the earth to the chassis was loose. Worth a look, maybe. The more it worked loose the weirder the faults became, because there were two or three wires connected to several different tags attached to the same screw. I finally found it when the brake lights started to flash with the indicators.

Hope this helps.

Peter
Peterm
Peterm
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo ES

Back to top Go down

Post by CC Sat Dec 03, 2011 3:28 pm

Hi Peter.. Thanks.. Yes I suspect a bad connection or poor earth although the dealership supposedly check the wiring and reported it's OK. So as above will replace the rear light cluster as these are only around 15 quid then at least that will count that out out (if it's not that then at least we have a spare) then see where we go from there!

Bit of a pain really as this light was lit on the dash when we test drove the vehicle, just presumed whatever it was it would be fixed or it was simply a bulb out as the dash light indicates "Faulty Bulb" in the handbook, only real problem we have had to date.. but still don't really expect to spend time and money sorting out problems like this rolleyes

CC

Male

Back to top Go down

Auto-Sleeper Nuevo Rear Lights Empty nuevo rear lights

Post by murph Sun Dec 04, 2011 2:55 pm

Hi CC,
Surely this should be a Spinney problem not yours, I realise they are the other end of the country from you, but if they their warrenty is anything like Marquis they should be able to advise you of someone much closer to you who can sort it out, and they or insurance pay the bill. though I have never delt with them I have heard good reports of them.

Brian
murph
murph

Male

Member Age : 86
Auto-Sleeper : Lancashire EK,ES.

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulmold Sun Dec 04, 2011 3:04 pm

As Murph suggests, it should be worth having a word with Spinney. We bought our Symphony from them 3 years ago (it will be in January) and when our engine lost all power and simply couldn't be driven back to them , they let me use the mechanic I use locally and paid him back. This may not be as serious but I'm just saying they could do this with a local firm to you.
Paulmold
Paulmold
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by CC Sun Dec 04, 2011 4:02 pm

Thanks Murph & Paul

You are correct Spinneys did give us a 12 month "Gold Warranty" with the purchase of the Nuevo. We can use this, it sounds good at first.... but really it's not that ideal because firstly you have to get a quote for the repair / work to be done, then you have to ring the warranty company to get it approved, only then can you go ahead with the work. Also, they only pay a maximum of £42 per hour... The Peugeot dealer we went to Friday charges £81 an and as they were unable to locate a fault then we are unable to claim the £42 towards the bill so_sad

I agree we shouldn't have the hassle of this and really you don't expect this when you have just bought a 30k vehicle... What's annoying is (as already mentioned) the faulty bulb light was on when we test drove it, and we just presumed it was a bulb out and as the van had to be MOT'd and prepared this would get picked up going through the workshop. When we collected the vehicle the light came on shortly after leaving, and I don't suppose I really gave it much thought until I realised whatever it is it's a bit more serious than a dodgy bulb!

I'm sure if we contacted Spinney they would get it into the workshop and hopefully fix it, but we are 4 1/2 hours drive from them and unless we could work it in with a trip (wrong time of year) then it's rather awkward, but we may well have to resort to something like this if either I cant sort it out myself or get someone locally to do it, maybe an auto electrician would be more suitable to locating the fault.

Anyway.. have ordered the new rear light and hopefully it's just a bad connection in the bulb holder. I don't think you can just buy the right angled bulb holders separately unless anyone knows otherwise? so we have bought the complete light fitting which is only £15 so good value really and well worth it if it fixes it fingersx

My concern is getting pulled over by the Police for a dodgy rear light, we had a close escape only a week or so ago when we pulled into McDonalds as a Police car was parked near the entrance to McD's so I quickly switched the lights off as I drove in as I didn't want them to notice, then with perfect timing an old boy drove in and jumped out of his car shouting "you have a rear nearside tail light out!!" see_hear_saynowt thanks for that, whoever you were... blushes Just need to get it fixed hugegrins

CC

Male

Back to top Go down

Auto-Sleeper Nuevo Rear Lights Empty nuevo rear light

Post by murph Sun Dec 04, 2011 4:47 pm

Hi CC,
What do you mean wrong time of year, only namby pambyies park up all winter, you have £30,000 worth of MH,a gas supply, or possibly electric heating, get out and use it. Or are you under orders from the senior managment.

Brian

Last edited by murph on Sun Dec 04, 2011 8:05 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : mistake on price)
murph
murph

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by orian Sun Dec 04, 2011 5:04 pm

I think CC still has a job to go to unlike some of us. hugegrins

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 74
Auto-Sleeper : Symbol 2011

Back to top Go down

Post by CC Sun Dec 04, 2011 5:07 pm

lol4 Like it Murph... of course you are totally right, but (as always) due to other commitments (like work) we cant always up & go whenever we feel like it...
Also, we still are not fully familiarised with our Nuevo yet twiddle_thumbs If I cant fix it myself, a trip to the North West may well be in order then hugegrins

We hope to get away at the end of the week and weekend (if we can) but not too far from home for now, it's still nice to get away up!

Male

Back to top Go down

Auto-Sleeper Nuevo Rear Lights Empty Neuvo rear lights

Post by murph Sun Dec 04, 2011 6:31 pm

Hi CC,
It has just occured to me, that as 1 rearlight is working, the fault must lie between the connection to the working rear light and the bulb, try doubling up the wiring from 1 light to the other as you could have a weak point in the wire, asuming of course that the new light fitting doesnt fix it.

Brian
murph
murph

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulmold Sun Dec 04, 2011 7:37 pm

CC,

I'm sure you'd rather sort the light out yourself now but can I give you a warning regarding the Gold Warranty that Spinney gave you. Never, ever try and claim from the insurance company yourself. There are too many exclusions that they will try to wriggle out of your claim. With my engine problem, as I said, I couldn't drive it back to Spinney so they agreed to my local engineer dealing with it. I gave the warranty to my mechanic so he could make the claim. As you say, they won't pay for diagnostic work to find the fault. My mechanic inserted a camera through the injector holes into the cylinder head and diagnosed burnt out valves which is what he told the insurance company. They rejected in out of hand as 'burnt valves are wear and tear and that is not covered'. This is despite us owning it for less than 1 month. I contacted Spinney as I was obviously fuming and was told '' leave it to us, it's all about how you word the claim, never say something has worn out, say it's broken''. How they worded it, I don't know but they claimed off the insurance company and the MH was fixed. As it happened, the valves were burnt but probably not seriously enough to have caused the loss of power. The head gasket had blown so while the head was off, all valves were replaced, cheap enough when the head is already off. All this would have been rejected by the insurance company as 'wear and tear'.
So whatever goes wrong, speak to Spinney first, let them deal with the insurance company.
Paulmold
Paulmold
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Auto-Sleeper Nuevo Rear Lights Empty nuevo rear lights

Post by murph Mon Dec 12, 2011 10:17 am

Hi CC,
Have you got that rear light sorted yet.

Brian
murph
murph

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by CC Mon Dec 12, 2011 5:02 pm

murph wrote:Hi CC,
Have you got that rear light sorted yet.

Brian

Hi Brian

No, ordered the rear light but didn't count on Leisureshopdirect being out of stock, think there is a 12 day estimated wait on delivery...should have just picked up the phone and ordered it from Auto-Sleeper parts at least it would have been here in a couple of days! Live and learn as they say smile!

Haven't been out in the Nuevo for a while, but the last time we drove it and when moving it around on the drive it's been working but of course that can change a mile down the road, so will see how we get on and report back

CC

Male

Back to top Go down