The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mains Supply - Gloucester

+2
PLOUGHLIN
The Biffo
6 posters

Go down

Mains Supply - Gloucester Empty Mains Supply - Gloucester

Post by The Biffo Tue Jun 23, 2015 8:07 pm

Hi All,

I'm new on this forum and a new owner of a 2010 Gloucester. I picked it up from Gatwick on Friday last and endured a 6 hr drive home to Knockin, Shropshire. So maiden voyage out of the way it's been non stop reading, pressing buttons & pulling knobs etc - i'm sure you've all been there!

So, most things almost sussed i'm stuck on one issue that i can't seem to figure out, namely 230v power supply. I have hooked the power up to van from my garage and yet the display on control panel is saying "mains supply off". The microwave & remote air con work indicating dc power is there and I have checked the PSU, all seems ok (switched on, RCD & MCB's all ok) but i haven't got any lights on the 'system monitor' this confirms that 'mains supply off, PSU status good'

Q? - what am i doing wrong guys?

Thanks in anticipation of sharing your experience

Ken
The Biffo
The Biffo

Male

Member Age : 64
Auto-Sleeper : Gloucester
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Mains Supply - Gloucester Empty Re: Mains Supply - Gloucester

Post by PLOUGHLIN Tue Jun 23, 2015 9:16 pm

Have you switched the EC325 unit on. (In the cupboard under the microwave)

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 54
Auto-Sleeper : MB Gloucester
Vehicle Year : 2011

Back to top Go down

Post by The Biffo Tue Jun 23, 2015 9:34 pm

I have checked the EC325 unit and have a red light on the switch indicating it's on, when i flick it opposite way it knocks everything off?
The Biffo
The Biffo

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by PLOUGHLIN Tue Jun 23, 2015 10:28 pm

If system monitor has no lights showing,  ie no 230v supply to EC325, then you must have fault in supply (hook up) cable, 13amp fused plug into house supply or with house socket.If there is a supply there should be green indicator showing. Failing the above, the EC325 must be faulty on the 230v side.

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 54
Auto-Sleeper : MB Gloucester
Vehicle Year : 2011

Back to top Go down

Post by The Biffo Wed Jun 24, 2015 7:45 am

Thanks for this, i had a quick look this morning before heading out to work & when wiggling the the cable at the van connection i could here the unit switching in and out? I'll take a look later and see what i can find.
The Biffo
The Biffo

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Askit Wed Jun 24, 2015 8:47 am

Cables often suffer faults close to the socket or end plug because of physical wear and tear. If you could borrow another mains lead it would give you some idea if it is the lead or a poor connection with the socket itself. Good luck either way.

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 74
Auto-Sleeper : Neuvo EK LP
Vehicle Year : 2015

Back to top Go down

Post by The Biffo Wed Jun 24, 2015 7:03 pm

Hmm ... the thick plottens.

I have power going into the van, i swapped the cables but no difference, tested both leads and both ok, i have tested the 230v socket and 3 lights indicating all OK, i have microwave power, heater working, so all appears to be working except the control panel still says 'mains supply off' and no status lights thus indicating mains not connected??

If i have no mains supply why is everything working? and if everything is working and i'm being told the 'mains supply off' is mains off relevent?

All very bizarre to me?? Help!
The Biffo
The Biffo

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by chudders Wed Jun 24, 2015 7:47 pm

The Biffo wrote:Hmm ... the thick plottens.

I have power going into the van, i swapped the cables but no difference, tested both leads and both ok, i have tested the 230v socket and 3 lights indicating all OK, i have microwave power, heater working, so all appears to be working except the control panel still says 'mains supply off' and no status lights thus indicating mains not connected??

If i have no mains supply why is everything working? and if everything is working and i'm being told the 'mains supply off' is mains off relevent?

All very bizarre to me?? Help!
Perhaps you could give Sargent a call. I bet they would tell you the possible problem
In the past they seem to have been very helpful and in the past have regularly contributed directly to queries on other motor home forums.
Worth a call I reckon
Dave
Just looked at their web site and I see they have a dedicated support dept. and telephone number and wonder of wonder these days its not a premium rate call. Just a standard geographic number.
chudders
chudders

Male

Member Age : 75
Auto-Sleeper : Cotswold FB
Vehicle Year : Vehicle

Back to top Go down

Post by Gromit Wed Jun 24, 2015 7:52 pm

This will keep you quiet for an hour or three.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

There are instruction manuals for both the PSU and the control panel, including all the error messages. The answer should be in there somewhere.

Good hunting.

Dave

P.S. Have you tried a hard reset of the control panel?

Unfortunately I can't remember how to do it, but somebody will know. It might sort it out for you??? scratch head

Dave

P.P.S. Plus what Chudders just said. I've also found them to be very helpful and supportive.
Gromit
Gromit
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 80
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo EK LP
Vehicle Year : 2015

Back to top Go down

Post by chudders Wed Jun 24, 2015 7:58 pm

Just had another look at their website and I see they have  fixed price repairs regardless of what is wrong. 
eg Any Sargent Power supply unit £74.21,   Digital control panel £47.52 etc etc.
Those prices don't sound too bad and they will arrange collection of faulty units by courier for about £11 I think.
Dave
chudders
chudders

Male

Member Age : 75
Auto-Sleeper : Cotswold FB
Vehicle Year : Vehicle

Back to top Go down

Post by The Biffo Wed Jun 24, 2015 10:14 pm

Thanks guys, all useful stuff.

I'll invest some time with Sargent as have spotted a funny in that the unit is a 325 yet the control panel is a 328? maybe a compatibility issue?? I'll see what they say and provide an update.

Forum's at their best - thanks again.

Ken
The Biffo
The Biffo

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by -mojo- Thu Jun 25, 2015 12:11 am

The Biffo wrote:spotted a funny in that the unit is a 325 yet the control panel is a 328?

Ah yes - that would probably explain it! The control panel has to be set up to match the main power unit that it's connected to. I only know this, because I tried changing the setting on my control panel (which is connected to a 328 power unit) to a 325 - just to see what would happen. And then wished I hadn't, because it immediately sounded an internal alarm and locked up! (yeah I know - I should know better). I had to unplug the mains before I could get in to change it back...

Anyway, if you change the setting on yours so that it matches the power unit that it's connected to, I suspect all will be back to normal.
-mojo-
-mojo-

Male

Member Age : 24
Auto-Sleeper : Trooper
Vehicle Year : 2006

Back to top Go down

Post by The Biffo Fri Jun 26, 2015 11:01 am

Update ... Mojo was spot on.

I spoke with a really helpful tech guy at Sargent who explained that i had a universal CP that wasnt'n matched to my setup e.e EC325 unit EC328S CP.

Him - "press and hold the left pointing arrow for 5 seconds and you'll go into a scroll drop down menu, select EC325, has that worked?"

Happy me - "you bet, thank you my hero of the day"

Him - "all part of the customer service Ken"

What stars they are .... so who's for a cheap Made in China set up now then!!
The Biffo
The Biffo

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by -mojo- Fri Jun 26, 2015 12:14 pm

Agreed - they are a very good company, and it's not common these days to get such immediate and relevant help.

It does make you wonder, though, how the control panel came to be in that state!
-mojo-
-mojo-

Male

Member Age : 24
Auto-Sleeper : Trooper
Vehicle Year : 2006

Back to top Go down

Post by The Biffo Fri Jun 26, 2015 12:37 pm

Dunno Mojo - i spoke with the previous owner who wasn't very technical and couldn't provide an answer so if it wasn't him it is either a Habitation checker or Auto Sleeper themselves?? who cares, the thing's happy now and so am i!
The Biffo
The Biffo

Male

Back to top Go down