The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

camping discount card

3 posters

Go down

camping discount card Empty camping discount card

Post by chicman Tue Sep 16, 2014 7:19 pm

Hi.
Have just returned to live in U.K. after being in France for the last nine years, We still belong to ACSI camping but the campsites they offer discounts for are mainly in France, Germany, Netherlands and Spain. and we have found them to be excellent but their sites in England are very limited, can anyone out there recommend a U.K company that offer the same type of thing where they have inspected the sites and give you detailed information on each site.
Thanks in advance.
chicman
chicman

Male

Member Age : 77
Auto-Sleeper : Harmony
Vehicle Year : 2003

Back to top Go down

camping discount card Empty Re: camping discount card

Post by rogerblack Tue Sep 16, 2014 9:05 pm

Hi!

Although the 2014 ACSI book contains only around 40 UK campsites participating in the discount scheme, there are almost 500 further UK ACSI inspected sites listed on the ACSI software disk.

*UPDATE*
Just checked on their website, now 642 UK campsites shown:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Should keep you going for a while!

cheers
Roger

rogerblack
rogerblack
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 68
Auto-Sleeper : Pollensa/Boxer2.8HDi
Vehicle Year : 2002

Back to top Go down

Post by micknhilary Sat Sep 20, 2014 11:51 am

I found this item very interesting, but am not sure of the exact way in which it works.
Is it correct that all the sites listed will charge the normal ACSI price of 12/14/16 euros in the out of season times? I couldn't locate anywhere on the site that confirmed this.
Can anyone fill in the details.

Many Thanks,

Mick.  scratch head
micknhilary
micknhilary
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : none
Vehicle Year : none

Back to top Go down

Post by rogerblack Sat Sep 20, 2014 12:59 pm

Hi

You've pretty well got it.  
Some sites are now 18 Euros.  The discount rate is applicable out of the high season (this may also include other dates such as Easter, relevant periods are shown for each site in the book). It includes a pitch*, two adults (and a dog?) (not sure about kids), hookup (may be limited amperage, with higher sometimes available for extra) use of all site facilities (if the showers require tokens, one per person per night is usually provided free in the ACSI deal).  We have stayed on five star sites with indoor and outdoor heated pools, spa facilites etc where the rack rate has been up to 37 Euros so the saving repaid the annual fee in one night!

Part of the beauty of the system is that you don't need to book, because out of season there's always space. Also, if only staying one night just pay on arrival, otherwise if you don't know whether you want to stay 2, 3, 4 days or more, they keep hold of your ACSI card then whenever you leave you just settle what's due.  It's so much less regimented than UK sites**

* on some sites (we have only had this on one) where there are some 'Premium' pitches, you may be limited to a 'Standard' pitch on the ACSI deal but again may have the option of upgrading for an extra charge.

** Just remembered it was UK sites  you were interested in - we haven't yet used any ACSI sites in the UK are we are CC and C&CC members, so I can't vouch for them being so laid back as our Continental cousins!

Their camping-card site seems to be down at the moment but I guess it's probably being updated for 2015

Hope this helps
cheers
Roger

Last edited by rogerblack on Sat Sep 20, 2014 1:01 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : add note re UK sites)
rogerblack
rogerblack
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by micknhilary Sat Sep 20, 2014 2:07 pm

Thanks Roger for your reply.
I think I must have the wrong end of the stick. I thought the list of sites were ACSI sites which offered discount but were not listed in the ACSI sites book. However, I notice that included in the list are C & CC Sites which definitely dont offer discount to campers purely because they happen to have an ACSI Card. I think this list is purely a fairly comprehensive list of sites available in the UK.

Mick.  wave
micknhilary
micknhilary
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : none
Vehicle Year : none

Back to top Go down

Post by rogerblack Sat Sep 20, 2014 3:34 pm

Sorry, Mick, my fault for misleading you thanks to not reading your earlier post properly. 

There are, if you like, two strings to  ACSI's bow:

One is that they inspect a large number of sites and publish a list of those on the Eurocampings website and on DVD software, with information on facilities offered etc.

They also run the ACSI Camping Card scheme whereby you purchase a book (now actually split into two volumes) which includes a number of campsites which subscribe to the ACSI off-season discount scheme - contained within the books is a tear-out card as proof that you've paid to join the scheme, which you fill in with your details.

So as I mentioned in my first post, within the UK they list on the website and DVD around 600 sites as being inspected by them, however only around 40 of those are in the Camping Card discount scheme.

Sorry if I confused things, but my original post was pointing you to the ACSI website as a source of inspected sites within the UK, as you requested. I am not aware of any UK based company which do this.

(If anyone else can explain this better, please feel free to jump in!)

rogerblack
rogerblack
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by micknhilary Sat Sep 20, 2014 3:56 pm

Thank You. All is now crystal clear.