The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Thule cab and habitation door locks

3 posters

Go down

Thule cab and habitation door locks Empty Thule cab and habitation door locks

Post by plato2012 Wed Jul 30, 2014 10:21 am

In answer to a query related to the central locking failure and not wanting to take that thread off course again.

I had fitted by my dealer, prior to collection, Thule cab locks and a habitation door lock. 
The habitation (inside out lock) is great, locks into place with a key whilst unit is left on site but at night can be locked from the inside providing extra security.
The cab locks are much larger than I was expecting but they do the job. Key operated they swing over the door upright on the inside providing security if the central locking fails or if someone manages to force the door. Be careful to specify Sprinter 2006 on version.
You can see them at [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Regards Plato
plato2012
plato2012

Male

Member Age : 76
Auto-Sleeper : Bourton
Vehicle Year : 2019

Back to top Go down

Thule cab and habitation door locks Empty Re: Thule cab and habitation door locks

Post by padraigpost Wed Jul 30, 2014 10:28 am

Many thanks for that, they look good.
Don
padraigpost
padraigpost

Male

Member Age : 79
Auto-Sleeper : Mercedes Bourton
Vehicle Year : 2014

Back to top Go down

Thule cab and habitation door locks Empty Re: Thule cab and habitation door locks

Post by Pete Taylor Wed Jul 30, 2014 8:39 pm

Thanks Plato. I had already decided on the "inside out" lock for the hab door, rather than the thing which looks a piece of bent pipe and swings across the outside of the door- very unsightly and seems to stop you getting out via that door in case of emergency.
For the cab doors I'm looking for locks which stop robbers getting in while the van is unoccupied, rather than for locking ourselves in. There seems to be a fair bit of choice available.

Cheers,
Pete.

Pete.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Pete Taylor
Pete Taylor
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper : Stanton.
Vehicle Year : 2014