The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Possible worn carb on Renault Trafic Camperva

3 posters

Go down

Possible worn carb on Renault Trafic Camperva Empty Possible worn carb on Renault Trafic Camperva

Post by briffy Wed Jun 04, 2014 3:37 pm

Hi All,

I have just joined the forum and hoping someone can help me. I recently purchased a 1986 Renault Trafic Campervan with the Holdsworth conversion.

When I start it there is a slight misfire/flat spot that will disappear if I pull choke out slightly. I am assuming it is mixture/carb related and was hoping someone had suffered the same issue.

Would anyone know if there are repair kits available for the carb at all.

Also I have a hot water system from Hot Springs, it will ignite and the outlet vent tube is hot, however the water runs cold, I can hear periodically which sounds like a pump charging. I have run water to get air out but still runs cold. Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers All,

Jamie.
briffy
briffy

Male

Member Age : 56
Auto-Sleeper : 1986 Renault Trafic

Back to top Go down

Possible worn carb on Renault Trafic Camperva Empty Re: Possible worn carb on Renault Trafic Camperva

Post by boxerman Wed Jun 04, 2014 3:55 pm

Hi Jamie, welcome to the forum  wave 
briffy wrote:Hi All,

I have just joined the forum and hoping someone can help me. I recently purchased a 1986 Renault Trafic Campervan with the Holdsworth conversion.

When I start it there is a slight misfire/flat spot that will disappear if I pull choke out slightly. I am assuming it is mixture/carb related and was hoping someone had suffered the same issue.

Would anyone know if there are repair kits available for the carb at all.
It's possible that the carb is just out of adjustment. They are funny carbs to adjust 'cos some of the screws don't do what you think they do. Consequently, people fiddle and c*ck everything up. It needs to be set back to "standard" and work from there before replacing anything.

Also I have a hot water system from Hot Springs, it will ignite and the outlet vent tube is hot, however the water runs cold, I can hear periodically which sounds like a pump charging. I have run water to get air out but still runs cold. Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers All,

Jamie.
Never heard of that heater I'm afraid  shrugg 

Frank
boxerman
boxerman
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 77
Auto-Sleeper : '95 Symphony
Vehicle Year : 1995

Back to top Go down

Possible worn carb on Renault Trafic Camperva Empty Re: Possible worn carb on Renault Trafic Camperva

Post by briffy Wed Jun 04, 2014 4:10 pm

Cheers Frank,

I do mostly everything mechanic wise on my cars and now this van too, will strip carb down and give it a good clean. Not sure if that is the make of the water heater as the name "Hot Springs" is on the switch panel on wall with three led's like traffic lights. The actual boiler is in cased in white formica board so will get it out and see if there are any labels on it.

Thanks again,

Jamie.
briffy
briffy

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by briffy Wed Jun 04, 2014 4:35 pm

Hi Frank,

Did you get my email?

Cheers,

Jamie
briffy
briffy

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by boxerman Wed Jun 04, 2014 4:56 pm

Yup!  up! 

Frank
boxerman
boxerman
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 77
Auto-Sleeper : '95 Symphony
Vehicle Year : 1995

Back to top Go down

Possible worn carb on Renault Trafic Camperva Empty hot springs

Post by MikeAmmanValley Sun Feb 18, 2018 7:31 pm

hi biffy i have rcecently purchased at1000 1721cc i have hot springs heater which is leaking sounds like we have the same van ????
MikeAmmanValley
MikeAmmanValley

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Renault Trafic T1000
Vehicle Year : 1986

Back to top Go down