The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fitting a new leisure battery

2 posters

Go down

Fitting a new leisure battery Empty Fitting a new leisure battery

Post by CC Sun Oct 27, 2013 11:14 am

Have just got a replacement leisure battery as previous one suddenly started discharging a lot quicker than normal. Decided if it needed replacing would get a Banner due to the quality and reputation so got the 110AH Energy Bull but I have a question regarding the ventilation holes where Auto Sleepers fit the ventilation pipe that feeds from the battery through the floor next to the battery tray. The Banner battery has two vent holes but there is only the one ventilation pipe fitted by Auto Sleeper? 

Is it safe therefore to just remove one of the vent plugs and attached the pipe, or do I need to get another ventilation pipe and join to the other pipe with a 'Y' piece adaptor? Presumably as the current battery only has one vent pipe as fitted by Auto Sleepers am I correct to think this is adequate? 

Thanks CC

Male

Member Age : 59
Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EL Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Fitting a new leisure battery Empty Re: Fitting a new leisure battery

Post by Guest Sun Oct 27, 2013 12:01 pm

Hi CC
Not come across a 2 vent leisure battery before. My current leisure battery (1 year old now) has not vents at all (presumably sealed for life). I would guess a T piece arrangement sounds the way to go.  Should be able to get something from a pet shop?.. pipe is probably the same size as airline used for fish tanks pumps.

Regards
John
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Fitting a new leisure battery Empty Re: Fitting a new leisure battery

Post by Peter Brown Sun Oct 27, 2013 12:25 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Follow the link above - you can use either side.

Peter

Peter #1
Peter Brown
Peter Brown
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 71
Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EB
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down