The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

More mercedes base questions!!

3 posters

Go down

More mercedes base questions!! Empty More mercedes base questions!!

Post by hblewett Wed May 15, 2013 2:46 pm

As far as I can see, on my 2011 Worcester

1 It is not possible to disable the 40 second re-lock on opening the doors, soit is always necessary to open one of the ab doors before getting into the habitation area if you don't want to get locked in, with consequent sounding of the alarm!

2 There is no engine (coolant) temperature guage, the only indication is a red warning light which is displayed if/when you do overheat. [If this is correct, I would have to go back to some very primitive cars early in my motoring life to find another which does not have this feature!]

Can anyone confirm if my understanding is corrrect, please?

hblewett
hblewett

Male

Member Age : 76
Auto-Sleeper : Worcester
Vehicle Year : 2011

Back to top Go down

More mercedes base questions!! Empty Re: More mercedes base questions!!

Post by Peter Brown Wed May 15, 2013 3:17 pm

The lock issue is the same on Ford and similar on Peugeot. On site lock the doors with central locking then just use the habitation key for access/egress. Don't tell your insurer but secrete a spare habitation key somewhere you can get at with a screwdriver from outside the van. I have seen both Ford and Peugeot owners locked out and I don't want to be the first with a Merc!

I was suprised by the apparant lack of sophistication of the Merc instrumentation but have found no need for any more.

Peter

Peter #1
Peter Brown
Peter Brown
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 71
Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EB
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by groundhog Thu May 16, 2013 5:55 pm

1. I have a feeling that the system can be over ridden, I would talk to your Merc dealer but frankly now I( am used to it I do not find it a problem at all.As Peter says a key is secreted outside so need need to worry about getting locked out!

2. No you are right there is no gauge, again guess you could fit one but agree with Peter I do not really miss not having one, warning lights for everything these days it seems!
groundhog
groundhog
Donator
Donator

Back to top Go down

Post by hblewett Thu May 16, 2013 11:17 pm

Thanks to you both for your advice, which I shall follow. as regards to the temp guage, I'm sureI'll get used to it - I ca't remember the last tme I had a vehicle overhead, so it's just a matter of interest really, I suppose!!
hblewett
hblewett

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by groundhog Fri May 17, 2013 8:49 am

Enjoy your new van and ask away, just read my last post back - was I asleep with all those mistakes in it!

The Worcester is the most comfortable van we have ever had, we have owned bigger and smaller but with the level of fittings and extra width it, to us, is ideal for two people wanting a bit of luxury without being too big!

The Mercedes performed brilliantly round the Alps and by using the manual option we frequently left small cars behind on the long climbs. Handling takes a little getting used to but once you have you will love it I am sure.

Happy travels, always an overnight pitch for Worcester owners in Cornwall if you get stuck!
David up!
groundhog
groundhog
Donator
Donator

Back to top Go down

Post by hblewett Fri May 17, 2013 9:13 am

Thanks for that David. We have spent just the one weekend in ours so far, but the reason we want to understand all the details is that we are now nearly packed for our 3 month trip to Northern Europe, so we'll be giving it a proper try-out! The plan is to go to Norway via Denmark and Sweden, then come home by the 'scenic route' trough the Baltics, Poland, Germany etc. Really looking forward to it, as it has been necessary to wait for the summer before we do this trip - just hope we're going to have one this year
hblewett
hblewett

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 17, 2013 6:57 pm

I have managed to get locked out. I assumed my wife had accidentally pressed unlock on the way out of the van which then locked shortly after. However, the van had been locked from inside overnight and the habitation door had not fully unlocked even after 2 people exiting separately, the pin had not lifted fully, so closing left it locked. Both keys inside; doh. oh_blast!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by groundhog Fri May 17, 2013 8:26 pm

hblewett - Oh you poor things having to do that, still someone has to! Sounds like a great trip have a wonderful time and lots of good weather hopefully!! up!
groundhog
groundhog
Donator
Donator

Back to top Go down