The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Alarm on County (Worcester) models

3 posters

Go down

Alarm on County (Worcester) models Empty Alarm on County (Worcester) models

Post by hblewett Wed May 08, 2013 11:12 pm

I have been trying to understand the arrangements for the alarm on our Worcester prior to the long sea crossing to Esberg in a couple of weeks time.

First, according to the Mercedes manual there is a switch to disable the movement sensors for when you are being towed or are on a ferry, situated under the central binnacle where the interior lights are, and another beside it to disable the interior movement sensors for when you are locked inside - neither of these switches appear to exist? Is that because the vehicle does not have 'towaway' sensors?

Second, I also have details of a Cobra alarm, which I presume is fitted as an add-on to cover the coachbuild part of the overall vehicle, but that is only my guess. It doesn't seem to include any meaningful (to me anyway think_smiley_46 ) user instructions.

I am very concerned not to have a flat battery at the end of our ferry trip; and it seems as if we can only lock ourselves in if we don't go fiddling about in the cab area (based on my practical test!).

I would be grateful to anyone who could anyone throw any light on this, please.

PS - any clues as to where the controls are if it is necessary also to silence the alarm using the 'Cobra' code would be good too, in case of any malfunction.

Last edited by hblewett on Wed May 08, 2013 11:16 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : PS added)
hblewett
hblewett

Male

Member Age : 76
Auto-Sleeper : Worcester
Vehicle Year : 2011

Back to top Go down

Alarm on County (Worcester) models Empty Re: Alarm on County (Worcester) models

Post by DickandJanGlover Fri May 10, 2013 7:29 am

Our Merc Worcester may be different to yours. We have no interior movement sensors, alarm only goes off if door is opened.

Alarm: take out the metal key inside the remote and use it in the door. This does not set the alarm.

Cobra: we have a tracker fitted, not an alarm. Suggest you ring Cobra with van reg no and check what you have and reassign it to you if dealer has not done so.

Writ in haste from Dubrovnik...

Back to top Go down

Post by hblewett Fri May 10, 2013 8:43 am

DickandJanGlover wrote:Our Merc Worcester may be different to yours. We have no interior movement sensors, alarm only goes off if door is opened.

Alarm: take out the metal key inside the remote and use it in the door. This does not set the alarm.

Cobra: we have a tracker fitted, not an alarm. Suggest you ring Cobra with van reg no and check what you have and reassign it to you if dealer has not done so.

Writ in haste from Dubrovnik...

Thanks very much for taking the trouble to reply while you are busy touring - have a great time.

I had come to the conclusion that I would need to ring the various makers - Mercedes/Autosleeper/Cobra - and I also have details of 'Hal- locate' which appears to be a tracker, for which no subscription appears ever to have been paid confused3 . It looks like the base vehicle is not equipped with much in the way of alarms, so your reply is very helpful in concertrating on the aftermarket fitments.
hblewett
hblewett

Male

Back to top Go down

Alarm on County (Worcester) models Empty Update

Post by hblewett Fri May 10, 2013 12:19 pm

Mercedes confirm that base vehicle is supplied with immobiliser buit without alarm. Company who fitted the alarm have confirmed what they fitted. Awaiting response from Hal-Locate re whether one is fitted/registered or not - I suspect not.

Confirmed, as Dick & Jan said to lock with key to avoid setting alarm (but need to central lock from fascia switch first to lock passenger door; habitation door can be locked with its own key, or with central locking).

Also able to disable internal movement sensors so external alarms can be set while we remain in the van.

All sorted and understood - no complaints so far from neighbours about frequent alarms while 'testing' was being undertaken! smile!
hblewett
hblewett

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by groundhog Sat May 11, 2013 9:44 am

Glad you are sorted - we had the Hal-Locate booklet as well ...... but no tracker so suspect they just put it in the pack automatically. hblewett, Dick & Jan have great trips, we are not away again until September so deciding where to go then!
groundhog
groundhog
Donator
Donator

Back to top Go down