The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My customised Motorhome bedding.....

+2
DuxDeluxe
Minniesmum
6 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

My customised Motorhome bedding..... - Page 2 Empty Re: My customised Motorhome bedding.....

Post by Minniesmum Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:16 pm

CruizingComet wrote:Would think they have some kind of patent on them especially with Hilary Devey on board, but not sure if they could actually stop anyone making a similar product. I have seen a similar kind of thing but a lesser quality at some of the shows, my biggest gripe with the Duvalay is the cost of replacement covers and pillow cases, and I definitely think they should include a pillow case as standard (if Raskelf read this) afterall you don't buy a duvet set for your home bedding minus the pillow cases shrugg

to be honest what I'm intending to make for my van bears no resemblance to a duvalay. Neither in design or materials. Mine's better winks
Minniesmum
Minniesmum

Female

Member Age : 69
Auto-Sleeper : Symphony

Back to top Go down

My customised Motorhome bedding..... - Page 2 Empty Re: My customised Motorhome bedding.....

Post by CC Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:21 pm

Minniesmum wrote:to be honest what I'm intending to make for my van bears no resemblance to a duvalay. Neither in design or materials. Mine's better winks

I like it up!

As before, will look forward to seeing the finished result champagne

Male

Member Age : 59
Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EL Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Post by Minniesmum Sun Dec 16, 2012 5:54 pm

Have made little progress but more ideas. The base layer will be a wool mattress topper pad ( bought at Lidl 2 years ago for my last van ) instead of memory foam. Wool is natural, and I love it. I have a double fkanellette duvet cover to use to encase the wool pad and the single down duvet for the topper......getting there. up!
Minniesmum
Minniesmum

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Johno Wed Dec 19, 2012 2:47 pm

Hi Minniesmum

With your spare duvets and sewing machine skills how about making a duvet onesie ? snigger
It would be great for those early frosty morning visits to the toilet block hugegrins

Cheers John up!
Johno
Johno
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 77
Auto-Sleeper : Eton
Vehicle Year : 2007

Back to top Go down

Post by DuxDeluxe Wed Dec 19, 2012 7:46 pm

My mind is well and truly boggled at the thought...... snigger
DuxDeluxe
DuxDeluxe
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Ex Broadway Crown

Back to top Go down

Post by Minniesmum Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:25 pm

DuxDeluxe wrote:My mind is well and truly boggled at the thought...... snigger
Mine too ! lol4 guess no different from goin' to the corner shop in me jammies n dressing gown.... winks
Minniesmum
Minniesmum

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by DuxDeluxe Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:08 pm

You didn't............... did you? biggrin
DuxDeluxe
DuxDeluxe
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Minniesmum Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:14 pm

DuxDeluxe wrote:You didn't............... did you? biggrin
I certainly did ( do ) hugegrins all the neighbours do and if you can't beat em'.....
It's funny I did a few days ago ( cover of darkness of course winks ) and the shop owner said to me " you better be careful you might start to look like you fit in ".... up!
Minniesmum
Minniesmum

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by DuxDeluxe Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:36 pm

Love it! allthumbz
DuxDeluxe
DuxDeluxe
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Dutto Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:47 pm

Cath,

All this talk of flannelette reminds me of my Great Aunty Maude who lived in Rottenstall near Manchester.

Widowed during the First World War she was noted in our family for her frugality and the fact that she was always "dying"; despite making 96!

Some time around the mid-1970's (when Maude was about 85 years old) I took my Mum to visit her and overheard Great Aunty Maude complaining that two pairs of red flannelette knickers she had made just before the start of World War Two had finally been thrown away; the surrounding flannelette material apparently being too thin to sew in the fifth replacement crotch-piece!

"It was a good job I made four pairs!" she said with some pride and lifted her voluminous skirts to demonstrate that she was wearing a pair of obviously brand-new red flannelette knickers of a design called "Passion Killers"!
blushes blushes
If your efforts last half as long as my Great Aunty Maude's knickers the product will probably finish up on Antiques Road Show in 2312! up!

Looking forward to the photographs! allthumbz

Best regards,
drinksallround
Ian

Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Duetto

Back to top Go down

Post by DuxDeluxe Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:51 pm

......as long as they're Cath's photos and not yours Ian, based on the above post
DuxDeluxe
DuxDeluxe
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Dutto Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:33 pm

DuxDeluxe wrote:......as long as they're Cath's photos and not yours Ian, based on the above post

Unfortunately, I don't have a photograph of my Aunty Maude but this is her lookalike elder sister my Grandmother.

My customised Motorhome bedding..... - Page 2 SylviasWedding-Version2

The photograph was taken at a wedding and this in my Nana doing "happy"! Whistle1

To stay on topic; Cath, please make sure that you are smiling when you post your photographs.

Best regards,
drinksallround
Ian

Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Duetto

Back to top Go down

Post by Johno Fri Dec 21, 2012 12:21 pm

Flannelette bloomers!! we used to call them " wrist stranglers " in my neck of the woods hugegrins due to the high security elastic in the knicker legs, unlike the thongy things worn today that I read about read I was born 40 years to early snigger

Cheers John up!
Johno
Johno
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 77
Auto-Sleeper : Eton
Vehicle Year : 2007

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2