The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Warped habitation door Nuevo ES

3 posters

Go down

Warped habitation door Nuevo ES Empty Warped habitation door Nuevo ES

Post by Peterm Thu Sep 20, 2012 9:43 pm

The habitation door on my 06 Nuevo is starting to look distinctly curved. Has anybody had this problem, please? Is there a cure? Does another topic cover this subject?

Regards to all

Peterm
Peterm
Peterm
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo ES

Back to top Go down

Warped habitation door Nuevo ES Empty Re: Warped habitation door Nuevo ES

Post by Guest Thu Sep 20, 2012 10:57 pm

Peterm
Sounds like it may be delaminating, if so this is not good news. I'm not sure on the 06 plate which model of nuevo you have, i.e series 1 or 2.

John
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by fluffles Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:10 pm

The bathroom door on our clubman anniversary is "bowed", both the top and bottom stick out when the door is shut/locked. I thought it was due to humidity/steam etc while the door was shut, as to stop it rattling it has got foam draft excluder stuck to the inside where the door shuts on to (can't think of the proper name) I was thinking of fitting a turn buckle top and bottom just for travelling which I thought over time might reverse the problem? Good idea/bad idea?

fluffles

Male

Member Age : 71
Auto-Sleeper : Peugeot executive

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:16 pm

Fluffles
Unfortunately all the bathroom doors on the clubman / gatcombe do this to some extent. They warp through heat. If you fit turn buckles on the outside they may not look particularly 'pleasing to the eye' but be careful on the lower fixing as it won't allow you to open the oven doors especially the lower door. smile!
John
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by fluffles Fri Sep 21, 2012 2:00 pm

hoopman
Many thanks John. I think that deep down I am not entirely happy about using the turn buckles, the bottom one as you have said is a problem. But I think it would help with the door "bend", but visually I don't think it would look good either.

By the way, I got so fed up with the "squeaking" from the rear of the van when driving that I got my wife to sit in the back to find where it was coming from. When we first got the van, I polished all the wood, even taking of the glass sheet next to the hob on the cooker. As my wife said the "squeak" was somewhere around here, I took of the glass plate, turned it round and replaced. Thats all it was! (the glass was not entirely flat) We are still not silent on the "squeaks" as the blinds make some noise where they but to the surround, but a big improvement anyway.

With regard to the blind in the lounge, I have noticed that on the nearside one, the top of the blind uprights lean to the right. This causes the blind when pulled up to rub against the left track, which in turn causes it to "drag" and engage in the upper slots and helps prevent it clipping to the upper net blind. Just add this to the "to do" list.

fluffles

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 21, 2012 6:00 pm

Hi again Fluffles
Been thinking a bit more about your bathroom door. Over the years we have had 2 clubmans and our current Gatcombe (Don't ask why!) On both clubmans the bathroom door had a vertical strip of wood going the full height of the door to 'brace' the door panel, presumably to stop distortion. Check if the fixings into the door through this wood strip are tight. If they ar just turn without tightening, then remove the wood strip and refit in a very similar place (covering the old screw holes in the bathroom door). Buy using new holes you may find the door pulls in straighter. Interestingly enough our gatcombe has no wood strip on the door! shrugg

In all 3 of our monocoque van we had squeeks and sorted out the obvious i.e heater and cooker. However all 3 vans had squeeks coming from the sofa catches. It is not ovbious when you are in the front travelling, but if you push down on the middle front of each sofa above the catch you may hear a sweek.
Just lubricate with some sort of spray silicon / WD40 etc and you will be amazed at the difference. allthumbz

Hope this helps
John
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by fluffles Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:24 pm

hoopman

many thanks for the tips John

I managed to induce some squeaks from the areas you mentioned, and I have sprayed with a ptfe based lubricant to these and also the metal supports for the seat base when raised. I can't induce any squeaks from this area now.

I am still working on the toilet door. I took the wood support from the back of and turned it 180 deg.

Absolutly no differance! I am going to leave it "as is" for the time to see if any thing happens, (doesn't look as bad as I thought it would) before I try the support in a differant position.

Thanks for the tip again, fluffles

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by deckie Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:23 am

Hi Fluffles Mate,

After our previous Yank (you knew it well !!) with it’s 6.2 cc Lump and everything else rattling and banging away in the background … we think our Clubman is very quiet !!! …… perhaps we just need our ears syringed hugegrins

See you next week allthumbz

Brian & Chris

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 79
Auto-Sleeper : Clubman GL

Back to top Go down