The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ecclefechan!!

5 posters

Go down

Ecclefechan!! Empty Ecclefechan!!

Post by frederic Sat Sep 30, 2023 3:34 pm

Ecclefechan!! Ecclef10
I see from the latest ASOC Mag that a very nice lady called Jean now has a new expletive ECCLEFECHAN!
Well several years ago Sainsburys advertised that for Xmas they were introducing a range of tarts similar to the Walkers 'Ecclefechan' ones.
Walkers are a bit like a superior open mince(meat) pie 
Having a liking for them we went to our local store (Prestwick) to obtain same.
After much searching we asked a store assistant where there to be found?
Ecclefechan Tarts, he said in disgust, Head office may have advertised them but, 'We cannot get any ECCLEFECHAN!! Tarts'
Also about the same time on one of our trips south we made a detour off the A75 to the village of Ecclefechan to search out 
the elusive tart, only to find that the shop in the village did not stock them, mind you he was not Scottish
ps Ann has used it as an expletive since but only in select company  smile!
frederic
frederic
frederic
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 78
Auto-Sleeper : Topaz TipT
Vehicle Year : 2008

Back to top Go down

Ecclefechan!! Empty Re: Ecclefechan!!

Post by Dave Gee Sat Sep 30, 2023 4:10 pm

Only time I've used it as an expletive was a couple of years ago when we were meeting friends at the campsite there.  As it was a last minute decision I forgot to take any food and, on getting there, none of the pubs or hotels had anything to eat....Never was a place named used in anger as much that evening.....
Dave Gee
Dave Gee

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Warwick XL
Vehicle Year : 2018

Back to top Go down

Post by paintergirl Tue Oct 03, 2023 8:32 am

I used to teach in The Fechan, as it’s known round here. 

As a local I often get told that the Fechan bus is late and the teachers at the high school would shout to the kids to ‘get on the Fechan bus’ at home time  Ecclefechan!! 1f602 

So if you want an excuse for an expletive, go local. They’re Fechan Tarts. Go and buy some Fechan Tarts!
paintergirl
paintergirl

Female

Auto-Sleeper : VT20
Vehicle Year : 1986

Paulmold, groundhog, frederic and Askit like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Bill Wrigh Tue Oct 03, 2023 11:48 am

Never had need to write on this forum but read the posts with much interest. I decided I must add to this conversation. I was driving a hired people carrier back from Edinburgh with the USA branch of my family in the back when, travelling down the M74 the oil light came on.  I pulled off the M74 into the nearest village and rang the hire company who dispatched a local garage. As we waited one if my cousins asked, ‘where are we?’ I told them Ecclefechan adding that I was not cussing. They had a good laugh and we eventually got on our way.  On returning to Chicago they all had sweat shirts printed up with the slogan, ‘It’s that Ecclefechan thing’, which I thought might be an entrepreneurial idea for someone.
Bill Wrigh
Bill Wrigh

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo
Vehicle Year : 2003

Back to top Go down

Post by burlingtonboaby Tue Oct 03, 2023 11:59 am

paintergirl wrote:I used to teach in The Fechan, as it’s known round here. 

As a local I often get told that the Fechan bus is late and the teachers at the high school would shout to the kids to ‘get on the Fechan bus’ at home time  Ecclefechan!! 1f602 

So if you want an excuse for an expletive, go local. They’re Fechan Tarts. Go and buy some Fechan Tarts!

Love it too,brilliant
Boaby
burlingtonboaby
burlingtonboaby
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 74
Auto-Sleeper : Devon Firefly
Vehicle Year : 2018

frederic likes this post

Back to top Go down