The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Autosleeper Suffolk fitting reversing camera.

4 posters

Go down

Autosleeper Suffolk fitting reversing camera. Empty Autosleeper Suffolk fitting reversing camera.

Post by ALLAN 14 Thu Apr 06, 2023 1:02 pm

Good day, I recently purchased a Suffolk Motorhome and wish to install a reversing camera, I would like to site the camera on the sloping portion of the panel above the window and below the logo. I would prefer the cables to be routed thro the interior of Van but am unsure of the best way to go. Can anybody who has fitted a camera guide me in the right direction, If you can I would be eternally grateful for the information.

Wishing you all well for the coming year.

Allan Royds
County Durham.
ALLAN 14
ALLAN 14

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Suffolk
Vehicle Year : 2009

Back to top Go down

Autosleeper Suffolk fitting reversing camera. Empty Re: Autosleeper Suffolk fitting reversing camera.

Post by The Bargee Thu Apr 06, 2023 1:15 pm

ALLAN 14 wrote:Good day, I recently purchased a Suffolk Motorhome and wish to install a reversing camera, I would like to site the camera on the sloping portion of the panel above the window and below the logo. I would prefer the cables to be routed thro the interior of Van but am unsure of the best way to go. Can anybody who has fitted a camera guide me in the right direction, If you can I would be eternally grateful for the information.

Wishing you all well for the coming year.

Allan Royds
County Durham.
It is much easier to fit a wireless (Bluetooth) camera, picking up the power for the camera from the reversing lamp if you have one.

On our previous caravans I used heavy duty wireless cameras with a power supply taken from one of the sidelights. This needed the side lights turned on when driving (not a bad thing anyway) but had the advantage that you had a permanent rear view mirror.
The Bargee
The Bargee

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Kingham
Vehicle Year : 2019

Back to top Go down

Autosleeper Suffolk fitting reversing camera. Empty Re: Autosleeper Suffolk fitting reversing camera.

Post by IanH Thu Apr 06, 2023 1:41 pm

Allan

Go to MEMBERS FACTSHEETS section, in there you'll see my Executive a new project article, made up from my articles by the late Roli.
In page 2 of that is my tale of camera fitting and how....probably all you need?
IanH
IanH
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Executive
Vehicle Year : 2002

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Brown Thu Apr 06, 2023 1:53 pm

Anything that I've had fitted (like the reversing camera on my 2008 Wilton) by the AS Service Centre or a dealer that requires front to back wiring has been routed under the floor.
Peter Brown
Peter Brown
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 71
Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EB
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by ALLAN 14 Thu Apr 06, 2023 5:26 pm

Hi IAN, Just finished reading your post thank you for the heads up, Our camera is a combined
reversing / rearview camera linked into the reverse light feed in the front pillar. Its a Sprinter by the way.
Thanks again
Allan up!
ALLAN 14
ALLAN 14

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Suffolk
Vehicle Year : 2009

Back to top Go down