The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Off grid power

3 posters

Go down

Off grid power  Empty Off grid power

Post by Glenny54 Mon Mar 07, 2022 8:04 pm

Can anyone tell me,can I put two lithium batteries in parallel and will the batteries charge as normal or will I need extras.
Glenny54
Glenny54

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Corinium fb
Vehicle Year : 2017

Back to top Go down

Off grid power  Empty Re: Off grid power

Post by brodco Wed Mar 09, 2022 8:27 am

Hi wave

Glenny54 wrote:Can anyone tell me,can I put two lithium batteries in parallel and will the batteries charge as normal or will I need extras.
Yes and yes and no!  up!

Providing you use two lithium batteries designed for motorhomes and the charging system is suitable for a single lithium you should be OK.

If you have a charging system suitable for gel or agm batteries it should also be OK for lithium but it’s worth a quick check on the battery manufactures website to confirm, just for peace of mind.

Brod

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 69
Auto-Sleeper : Duetto
Vehicle Year : 1997

Back to top Go down

Post by Billy Ruffian Wed Mar 09, 2022 12:38 pm

If you search the forum for ‘Lithium batteries on a 2008 symbol’ you’ll see quite a lot of info about lithium batteries.

I’ve got lithium 200 amps fitted under the drivers seat.    There are quite a few extra bits needed to make lithium work really well.     If you are off grid a lot, lithium batteries will be a great benefit.    If you normally are on hook up then there’s not much point.
Billy Ruffian
Billy Ruffian
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 74
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo 2 ES
Vehicle Year : 2012

Back to top Go down

Post by Billy Ruffian Wed Mar 09, 2022 12:38 pm

If you search the forum for ‘Lithium batteries on a 2008 symbol’ you’ll see quite a lot of info about lithium batteries.

I’ve got lithium 200 amps fitted under the drivers seat.    There are quite a few extra bits needed to make lithium work really well.     If you are off grid a lot, lithium batteries will be a great benefit.    If you normally are on hook up then there’s not much point.
Billy Ruffian
Billy Ruffian
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 74
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo 2 ES
Vehicle Year : 2012

Back to top Go down

Post by Glenny54 Thu Mar 10, 2022 3:44 pm

Billy Ruffian wrote:If you search the forum for ‘Lithium batteries on a 2008 symbol’ you’ll see quite a lot of info about lithium batteries.

It's really for rallying,dont really bother about TV etc I have a lead acid 100ah which used to last 3 nights in caravan no problem  but that was in the summer,just dont think it would suffice in the winter months.
Glenny54
Glenny54

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Corinium fb
Vehicle Year : 2017

Back to top Go down