The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My van could be off road for months

+2
Paulmold
Molly3
6 posters

Go down

My van could be off road  for months   Empty My van could be off road for months

Post by Molly3 Fri Feb 25, 2022 9:26 pm

My  2014  Nuevo  ek  came a victim of the storms , my large  remis roof sky light was smashed to bits  and needs a full replacement  ,I have a repairer to fit a new one ,and is going to try to order  a new one on Monday  , the operative  would is TRY ,  Dose anyone  have   any  advise  where we could source  one  as it could be  a long  wait   , Thanks
Molly3
Molly3

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo
Vehicle Year : 2014

Back to top Go down

My van could be off road  for months   Empty Re: My van could be off road for months

Post by Paulmold Fri Feb 25, 2022 10:09 pm

I think Heki and Remis are same size so you could substitute one for the other, also if yours is wind up you could replace with manual one. Try O'Learys for what's in stock.

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Millie The Moocher, mikethebike and Molly3 like this post

Back to top Go down

My van could be off road  for months   Empty Re: My van could be off road for months

Post by Kemerton-bath Mon Feb 28, 2022 7:57 am

I’ve been waiting since June 2021 for a replacement Remis 700x500 dome via Leisureshopdirect. Fortunately it hasn’t stopped us using the van. Remis are struggling to supply the UK for a whole catalogue of reasons, from Brexit to a move of factory. Worse still, they are not even giving delivery forecasts which I find inexcusable. So much for German efficiency.

Suggest you speak to AS Parts Dept using their parts query system. Two weeks ago they were able to supply me with a complete roof light system but I declined as I only need the dome.

Tim

1996 - Autosleeper Symphony   2010 - Autosleeper Symbol    2018 - Autosleeper Kemerton   2023 - Autosleeper Kemerton XL (Fiat)
Kemerton-bath
Kemerton-bath
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 64
Auto-Sleeper : Kemerton XL (Fiat)
Vehicle Year : 2020

Back to top Go down

Post by Kemerton-bath Mon Feb 28, 2022 8:12 am

A further thought, if your Remis is a 700x500 (which is the size of the aperture cut in the roof) then you have the option to fit a Dometic “midi heki” roof light. I’ve been advised that these are more readily available than Remis products right now.

Tim

1996 - Autosleeper Symphony   2010 - Autosleeper Symbol    2018 - Autosleeper Kemerton   2023 - Autosleeper Kemerton XL (Fiat)
Kemerton-bath
Kemerton-bath
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Molly3 Mon Feb 28, 2022 6:38 pm

Thanks it is a heky 3 600x 900
Molly3
Molly3

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by PLOUGHLIN Mon Feb 28, 2022 6:48 pm

Molly3 wrote:My  2014  Nuevo  ek  came a victim of the storms , my large  remis roof sky light was smashed to bits  and needs a full replacement  ,I have a repairer to fit a new one ,and is going to try to order  a new one on Monday  , the operative  would is TRY ,  Dose anyone  have   any  advise  where we could source  one  as it could be  a long  wait   , Thanks

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 54
Auto-Sleeper : MB Gloucester
Vehicle Year : 2011

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulmold Mon Feb 28, 2022 7:26 pm

PLOUGHLIN wrote:
Molly3 wrote:My  2014  Nuevo  ek  came a victim of the storms , my large  remis roof sky light was smashed to bits  and needs a full replacement  ,I have a repairer to fit a new one ,and is going to try to order  a new one on Monday  , the operative  would is TRY ,  Dose anyone  have   any  advise  where we could source  one  as it could be  a long  wait   , Thanks

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Check out Google reviews and trustpilot reviews ,  some pretty awful reviews.

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Post by Kemerton-bath Mon Feb 28, 2022 9:23 pm

Molly3 wrote:Thanks it is a heky 3 600x 900
I guess you mean a Remis 600x900 since your original post mentioned Remis.

In which case there isn’t an equivalent version from Dometic (Heki) that fits the same roof cutout. Their version is for a 960x655 cutout so not practical for you.

Hope you’re able to source a Remis from existing inventory somewhere in the UK.

Tim

Kemerton-bath
Kemerton-bath
Donator
Donator

Male

Molly3 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Caraman Tue Mar 01, 2022 8:28 am

If a replacement isn't going to be available for some time, I wonder if a sheet of white painted plywood can be fixed in its place with Sikaflex.  It won't be pretty or allow light or ventilation but at least it will allow continued use of the van and it shouldn't be expensive.
Caraman
Caraman

Male

Vehicle Year : 2019

Molly3 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Boots Tue Mar 01, 2022 10:51 pm

Hi Miss M,

Perhaps a square(ish) bot of perspex sheet, available off the shelf at diy stores, cut to size and stuck onto/into the fitting as sugested by Mr C (above)?

Stick, glue etc two bits together to make a double thick 'window sheet to prevent it flexing etc.

Or even a bit of safety glass, stuck onto/into the frame fitting something available from a fish tank supplier as they often 'bond' glass to make a tank.

Hope you get sorted so the van is usable even if the rooflight isnt working.

Cheers

Boots
Boots
Boots

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Rienza
Vehicle Year : 2005

Back to top Go down

Post by Molly3 Wed Mar 02, 2022 4:38 pm

One option suggested enlarge the hole on roof to take larger 950 skylight .gulp ???.
Molly3
Molly3

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Caraman Wed Mar 02, 2022 5:47 pm

Out of interest, is this being pursued as an insurance claim or would a loss of no-claims make it not worthwhile?
Caraman
Caraman

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Molly3 Wed Mar 09, 2022 12:50 am

Looks autosleeper parts is my best option awaiting delivery from Germany , no date available ???
Molly3
Molly3

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Molly3 Wed Mar 16, 2022 8:57 pm

Paulmold wrote:I think Heki and Remis are same size so you could substitute one for the other, also if yours is wind up you could replace with manual one. Try O'Learys for what's in stock.
After much searching  I found  the remis  is 600 x 900 hole , the heki is about 55 mm all round bigger  ,no closer to finding a replacement,  looking for a temporary  fix . ,the roof light would have to be removed  as  the rain  would enter  through air vents . Found a used one with cracked dome and broken locking  mechanism,
Molly3
Molly3

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kemerton-bath Sat Mar 19, 2022 4:58 pm

Molly3 wrote:Looks autosleeper parts  is my  best option   awaiting  delivery from Germany ,  no date available ???
We’re in the same position, but buying through Leisureshopdirect rather than AS. Fortunately we’re still able to use the van.

The lengthy delays for Remis parts (we ordered a replacement dome in Jun 2021) should be a warning to all those with Remis roof lights fitted. Take care when using them this season and don’t risk opening them in windy conditions. If something breaks you’re likely to face a long wait for replacement parts.

If AS are facing equally long delays for Remis parts then goodness knows how they’re completing manufacture of new vans, unless they’ve changed to fitting Dometic roof lights instead.

Tim

Kemerton-bath
Kemerton-bath
Donator
Donator

Male

rgermain likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Molly3 Mon Mar 21, 2022 12:17 pm

Just been talking to auto sleeper not good news , remis is not in production any more , but they have to close the production line and then make batches of remis roof lights , autosleeper now fit heki ,rooflights to fit a heke the hole In the roof would have to be enlarged 900 x 600 to 960 x 655 mm ,I was also told the dome is not available,
Molly3
Molly3

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Caraman Mon Mar 21, 2022 2:37 pm

I asked earlier if this was an insurance job.  If it is the additional cost of fitting the larger Heki shouldn't be a problem.  A long time ago I claimed on my caravan insurance for hail stone damage so I know it's possible.  Its not the same but last year a farmer accidentally ran over my 2 1/2 year old bike bending one of the cranks and the front wheel.  It was easy enough to get a new wheel but, due to supply chain issues, not the crank so the farmer's insurance company ended up buying me a new bike!
Caraman
Caraman

Male

Molly3 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Molly3 Tue Mar 22, 2022 12:15 pm

Molly3 wrote:Just been talking to auto sleeper  not good news ,  remis is not in production any more ,   but they have to  close the production line and then make batches of remis roof lights , autosleeper now fit heki ,rooflights  to fit a heke the hole In  the roof would have to be  enlarged  900 x 600 to 960 x 655 mm ,I was also told the dome is not available,
They do have the .raising mechanism  in stock
Molly3
Molly3

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kemerton-bath Thu Mar 24, 2022 5:40 pm

Molly3, 

Leisureshopdirect have told me this week that Remis at long last are shipping out a consignment of products this week. I'm waiting for a 700x500 dome but it might be worth checking whether a 900x600 is included in the shipment.

Tim

Kemerton-bath
Kemerton-bath
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Molly3 Thu Mar 24, 2022 8:05 pm

I have paid for the remis from autosleeper  parts  to make sure I get one  when they do eventually  land at autosleeper  , I  have a local  mobile repair technician  ready to fit when one dose arrive , they won't ship
  By  courier  as they get damaged  too easily  so have to be picked up at autosleeper  , or can be delivered to an autosleeper main dealer for a small fee .i have also seen an advert stating  early  April delivery      
 So fingers crossed. I will make my usual. Monday phone call  .
Molly3
Molly3

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Molly3 Wed Mar 30, 2022 9:00 pm

Just had a phone call from autosleeper parts  to say my rooflight  has arrived  and is ready for collection  .thanks for all replies.
Molly3
Molly3

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Molly3 Wed Mar 30, 2022 9:24 pm

Kemerton-bath wrote:
Molly3 wrote:Looks autosleeper parts  is my  best option   awaiting  delivery from Germany ,  no date available ???
We’re in the same position, but buying through Leisureshopdirect rather than AS. Fortunately we’re still able to use the van.

The lengthy delays for Remis parts (we ordered a replacement dome in Jun 2021) should be a warning to all those with Remis roof lights fitted. Take care when using them this season and don’t risk opening them in windy conditions. If something breaks you’re likely to face a long wait for replacement parts.

If AS are facing equally long delays for Remis parts then goodness knows how they’re completing manufacture of new vans, unless they’ve changed to fitting Dometic roof lights instead.

Tim
Autosleeper now fit dometic heki  roof lights ,  the remis 1 is not available  that could include  the dome , the remis 2 replaces replaces I  , consider contacting  autosleeper  if yours is the remis 1  , the remis 1 has 4 exterior  hinges
Molly3
Molly3

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kemerton-bath Sun Apr 10, 2022 11:14 pm

Leisureshopdirect have written to us in recent days with the news that Remis have tooling problems with producing the 700x500 dome. I don’t know if this applies to other sizes of domes. 

This is the latest in an 8-month saga of reasons as to why they cannot be delivered (Brexit, Covid, staff shortages and a factory move), all punctuated by long periods of radio silence from Remis. Leisureshopdirect are looking at other options but I’m holding out little hope.

In the case of the 700x500 dome it’s fortunate that Dometic produce the same size roof light (the Midi Heki) which looks to be the way forward for me. Leisureshopdirect have not indicated when, or even if, Remis will be in a position to fulfill deliveries of these domes.

Tim

Kemerton-bath
Kemerton-bath
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Molly3 Sat Apr 16, 2022 6:45 pm

Got my new rooflight from autosleeper , now fitted back on rhe Road
Molly3
Molly3

Male

Paulmold, Cymro, v8oholic, groundhog, rgermain, Askit, Caraman and Boots like this post

Back to top Go down