The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Service charges

+6
Caraman
SENTINEL
Molly3
Suppersready
Paulmold
Plymouthwelshboy
10 posters

Go down

Service charges Empty Service charges

Post by Plymouthwelshboy Tue Feb 01, 2022 8:53 pm

We have just been quoted £460 by our local Peugeot dealer for our first two year service on our first registered 2020 Broadway EB.
1. Is this a fair cost?
2. Do we have to use a Peugeot dealership to keep the three year warranty or can we go to any servicing garage? 
Thanks for your help
Steve 
Moho newbie
Plymouthwelshboy
Plymouthwelshboy

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EB 2019
Vehicle Year : 2019

Back to top Go down

Service charges Empty Re: Service charges

Post by Paulmold Tue Feb 01, 2022 8:59 pm

Legally you can go to any VAT registered garage as long as they use genuine parts but they won't be able to do any software updates or recalls so it's up to you to decide . Might be wise to use main dealer until warranty is passed.

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Cymro likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Suppersready Tue Feb 01, 2022 9:49 pm

Is there a Robins and day main dealer within travelling distance … they charged me £220.

Niall

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 61
Auto-Sleeper : Corinium FB
Vehicle Year : 2017

Back to top Go down

Post by Molly3 Wed Feb 02, 2022 12:58 am

As Paul says keep all receipts and paperwork to show all genuine parts are used
Molly3
Molly3

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo
Vehicle Year : 2014

Back to top Go down

Post by SENTINEL Wed Feb 02, 2022 9:18 am

Recently checked a few relatively local (to us) for our upcoming 4th year service on our 2018 Peugeot Boxer Symbol.
1.Robins & Day - £359 inc Vat, Labour & Parts but + Coolant Change £84.99 and Brake Fluid Change £65. Total £509  2 weeks notice required to book in.

2.A motorhome & caravan independent AWS company with fully equipped workshop etc £165 + vat + parts.  2-3 weeks notice required. Not sure what this would actually total but based on the cost of parts from the previous 2 year service that would be i.r.o. £160 so approx total £373-£400

The second year service was done, before our ownership, by a Peugeot Main Dealer Workshop in Canterbury in 2020. Total cost £428.99

Unfortunately our usual, trusted garage can't do our Symbol because of the height/size but are going to supply us with the printed schedule of what should be done for this service. This information is not actually listed in detail anywhere in any of our paperwork/manuals/handbooks. 

As it had a "Major" service in 2020, is the next one, due this year, a "Minor/Interim" or another "Major"?

If any one knows of any workshops that they can recommend or suggest in the Essex/Herts/Cambridgeshire area do please let us know!
SENTINEL
SENTINEL
Donator
Donator

Female

Auto-Sleeper : EX-SYMBOL
Vehicle Year : 2018

Back to top Go down

Post by Plymouthwelshboy Wed Feb 02, 2022 7:18 pm

Thanks everyone. This gives us something to reflect on
Plymouthwelshboy
Plymouthwelshboy

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EB 2019

Back to top Go down

Post by Caraman Wed Feb 02, 2022 10:03 pm

This thread may be of interest:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

In the end I took my Boxer for its first service to a local non-Peugeot dealer and was happy with the result.  This is what they said:

"We can do the service and use Genuine parts to keep your warranty (We can't carry out warranty repairs though - only main dealers can do this).  Oil and pollen filter service would be in the region of £195 using genuine parts (Including parts, labour and Vat).  Brake fluid change would be £42.00 all inclusive."
Caraman
Caraman

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo

Back to top Go down

Post by inspiredron Wed Feb 02, 2022 10:32 pm

My Boxer has hitherto been serviced at Robins and Day and is due for its next service in May this year. I won't be using R&D as I no longer have a lot branch. My nearest Peugeot dealer is in Shrewsbury and I expect them to be expensive. Earlier this year I enquired about replacement of front brake pads and the cost at a local independent garage (using Borg & Beck parts) was half that of the main dealer. I suspect he will do my service in May. I don't expect any ECU  updates after 10 years!  As I only do about 5000 miles a year and I don't use the van for short journeys I don't have the interim minor service, which the £195 above appears to be. Diesel filter and brake fluid do get changed every 2 years though, as well as oil and air filters.

Male

Member Age : 82
Auto-Sleeper : Lancashire
Vehicle Year : 2012

Back to top Go down

Post by glyne lock Sun Feb 06, 2022 4:32 pm

SENTINEL wrote:Recently checked a few relatively local (to us) for our upcoming 4th year service on our 2018 Peugeot Boxer Symbol.
1.Robins & Day - £359 inc Vat, Labour & Parts but + Coolant Change £84.99 and Brake Fluid Change £65. Total £509  2 weeks notice required to book in.

2.A motorhome & caravan independent AWS company with fully equipped workshop etc £165 + vat + parts.  2-3 weeks notice required. Not sure what this would actually total but based on the cost of parts from the previous 2 year service that would be i.r.o. £160 so approx total £373-£400

The second year service was done, before our ownership, by a Peugeot Main Dealer Workshop in Canterbury in 2020. Total cost £428.99

Unfortunately our usual, trusted garage can't do our Symbol because of the height/size but are going to supply us with the printed schedule of what should be done for this service. This information is not actually listed in detail anywhere in any of our paperwork/manuals/handbooks. 

As it had a "Major" service in 2020, is the next one, due this year, a "Minor/Interim" or another "Major"?

If any one knows of any workshops that they can recommend or suggest in the Essex/Herts/Cambridgeshire area do please let us know!
if the coolant is long life as modern vehicles will have so is not listed to be changed and £84.99 is a very high cost. the old blue or green a/f was not long /life so was listed to be change on older vehicles
glyne lock
glyne lock

Male

Auto-Sleeper : kemerton xl

Back to top Go down

Post by SENTINEL Sun Feb 06, 2022 5:02 pm

glyne lock wrote:
SENTINEL wrote:Recently checked a few relatively local (to us) for our upcoming 4th year service on our 2018 Peugeot Boxer Symbol.

if the coolant is long life as modern vehicles will have so is not listed to be changed and £84.99 is a very high cost. the old blue or green a/f was not long /life so was listed to be change on older vehicles
Yes, agree totally....£84.99 a very high cost for coolant change...but that was the quote from R&D for a 2018 Symbol!
Just to add that we are not using R&D for the service.
SENTINEL
SENTINEL
Donator
Donator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by rgermain Sun Feb 06, 2022 5:16 pm

What gets me is the main dealer always says, brake fluid and pollen filter change even after only 1000 - 2000 miles in lock down, really! my Focus, main dealer service never had brake fluid done it 10 years and it stopped on it's nose. Am I missing something, please be honest.
----------
Richard
rgermain
rgermain
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 76
Auto-Sleeper : Warwick duo
Vehicle Year : 2015

Back to top Go down

Post by glyne lock Sun Feb 06, 2022 5:19 pm

A 2018 van is not listed to have the A/F changed .it says check but not change so was a mistake or I don’t want to say the word ?c.
If a garage want to change the a/f they need to show you on the service sheet for you vehicle it’s says it’s required
glyne lock
glyne lock

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by SENTINEL Sun Feb 06, 2022 5:35 pm

glyne lock wrote:A 2018 van is not listed to have the A/F changed .it says check but not change so was a mistake or I don’t want to say the word ?c.
If a garage want to change the a/f they need to show you on the service sheet for you vehicle it’s says it’s required
Yes, not going to be using R&D!
I have to add that every workshop I spoke to quoted different schedules/costs!!!!
As said before, I only wish we could use our highly regarded and trusted workshop but they can't accommodate the size of vehicle.
Hopefully all will go well at our chosen one!
SENTINEL
SENTINEL
Donator
Donator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by glyne lock Sun Feb 06, 2022 5:49 pm

rgermain wrote:What gets me is the main dealer always says, brake fluid and pollen filter change even after only 1000 - 2000 miles in lock down, really! my Focus, main dealer service never had brake fluid done it 10 years and it stopped on it's nose. Am I missing something, please be honest.
----------
Richard

when people pay for the brake fluid change what is done ? has any person here seen the work done as to what they have been charged for.
the fluid that would need changing if any is what has got hot and cold from working the brakes but does this get changed ? what you see being done and what should be when vehicles are serviced I cant help but watch and is very up setting as to what the owner is being charged for
glyne lock
glyne lock

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by glyne lock Sun Feb 06, 2022 6:21 pm

SENTINEL wrote:
glyne lock wrote:A 2018 van is not listed to have the A/F changed .it says check but not change so was a mistake or I don’t want to say the word ?c.
I have to add that every workshop I spoke to quoted different schedules/costs!!!!
As said before, I only wish we could use our highly regarded and trusted workshop but they can't accommodate the size of vehicle.
the 2nd service ref at 4 years what is important to renew is the fuel filer and correct oil to go 2 years to the next service
glyne lock
glyne lock

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by gef Sun Feb 06, 2022 6:35 pm

When I had my first service at my local garage only tested the brake fluid no extra charge
gef

Male

Member Age : 80

Back to top Go down

Post by rgermain Sun Feb 06, 2022 7:04 pm

glyne lock wrote:
SENTINEL wrote:
the 2nd service ref at 4 years what is important to renew is the fuel filer and correct oil to go 2 years to the next service
Yep I agree, infact I also changed the oil and filter at year 1,3,5 just to be safe. I used Ford (transit) oil filter and Castrol recommended oil.
----------
Richard
rgermain
rgermain
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 76
Vehicle Year : 2015

Back to top Go down