The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Habitation door Frame

3 posters

Go down

Habitation door Frame Empty Habitation door Frame

Post by Chrisjohn Thu Jul 08, 2021 1:34 pm

Hello all,

I was inspecting the van the other day and I am somewhat disturbed to see some bubbling under the paintwork on the Hartal Door Frame. I contacted Autosleepers in Willersley for advice, but it seems that they only warranty for 6 years, so not really helpful. Has anyone out there experienced any problems of this nature? It looks like I will have to have the door frame removed and treated, or even replaced. I would appreciate any advice or guidance as to my next steps from anyone who might have seen this before. Thank you. Chris.
Chrisjohn
Chrisjohn

Male

Member Age : 73
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo EK
Vehicle Year : 2012

Back to top Go down

Habitation door Frame Empty Re: Habitation door Frame

Post by Gromit Thu Jul 08, 2021 3:11 pm

Hi Chris

Assuming the frame is made of aluminium (?) I would just sand it down and re-paint it.

I'm quite fussy about some things, but if the job can be done and made to look good, I wouldn't go to the wallet bruising lengths of anything that involved pulling the van to bits.

That would be my take on it anyway, but without seeing it I can't of course say if the job is likely to be successful.
Gromit
Gromit
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 80
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo EK LP
Vehicle Year : 2015

Chrisjohn likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Bad Penny Thu Jul 08, 2021 5:48 pm

I had a similar problem with a Hartal door on a Burstner way back. The dealer said he would get it resprayed. I refused saying, it was a warranty claim. An outer door covering was provided and fitted under warranty.

Sorry Chris, just noticed your problem is with the frame.
Bad Penny
Bad Penny
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 78
Auto-Sleeper : Ex Broadway owner
Vehicle Year : 2014 mod

Chrisjohn likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Chrisjohn Thu Jul 08, 2021 6:50 pm

Thanks both for your replies. Gromit: yes it is aluminium, and I guess I could do as you suggest and sand down the affected areas, treat it, primer it and spray on new paint. I’m not sure how big a job it would be to take the door off then the frame, I could consider getting it powder coated before reassembly. Thanks for your advice.
Chrisjohn
Chrisjohn

Male

Member Age : 73
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo EK
Vehicle Year : 2012

Back to top Go down