The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Potential Warwick XL Buyer

+7
groundhog
Dave 418
rgermain
burlingtonboaby
RogerThat
Paramedic
little_scrote
11 posters

Go down

Potential Warwick XL Buyer Empty Potential Warwick XL Buyer

Post by little_scrote Wed Jan 13, 2021 5:49 pm

Hello everyone.

Just joined to have a look for info on the Warwick XL as we had a similar layout in a Sprinter base that we rented in Oz in 2019 and are now in the lucky financial position of being able to buy one.

I would never buy a brand new vehicle, the initial depreciation would be too painful, so looking at ones that are a few years old around the £40k mark, mileage not an issue for me.

Any tips about different model years etc would be welcome. I'm not that fussed on details like lighting, cameras etc, that's all stuff I'd probably upgrade anyway being a competent engineer.

Thanks.
little_scrote
little_scrote

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Warwick XL
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

Potential Warwick XL Buyer Empty Re: Potential Warwick XL Buyer

Post by Paramedic Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:40 pm

Hello and welcome to this most friendly and informative forum.  wave

Male

Member Age : 77
Auto-Sleeper : Broadway FB
Vehicle Year : 2013

Back to top Go down

Post by RogerThat Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:23 pm

little_scrote wrote:
I would never buy a brand new vehicle, the initial depreciation would be too painful

Not if you keep it for five or six years?

It'd balance out smile!
RogerThat
RogerThat
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Stanway
Vehicle Year : 2018

rgermain likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by burlingtonboaby Thu Jan 14, 2021 7:29 am

Hi
Welcome to the forum from soggy Bridington.
Boaby
burlingtonboaby
burlingtonboaby
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 74
Auto-Sleeper : Devon Firefly
Vehicle Year : 2018

Back to top Go down

Post by rgermain Thu Jan 14, 2021 8:35 am

asof_welcome2  Mine, although the shorter Duo, easier to park and drive, seems to have hardly dropped since buying it new in 2016 and if and when things go wrong you have a longer backup.
-----------
Richard
rgermain
rgermain
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 76
Auto-Sleeper : Warwick duo
Vehicle Year : 2015

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave 418 Thu Jan 14, 2021 9:24 am

Welcome from a grey damp morning in our corner of Lincolnshire. Our first van, Duetto , was Transit  based but getting exspensive for repairs. We hired a newer Transit based van conversion in New Zealand. It helped us decide what base vehicle we wanted next. 
Good luck with you’re search.
Dave 418
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 69
Auto-Sleeper : Rienza
Vehicle Year : 2005

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 14, 2021 9:30 am

Perhaps don't by a factory order, a dealer stock item will save you much gold.
Although a different brand, twice I have bought new vans from stock at the end of a 'model' year where I saved several shedloads over the list of the 'new' incoming model...
I struck a deal and was given the pick of a bunch of stock items, choose my layout and trim to suit. Then got all the extras I wanted (sat system, twin batteries, inverter, garage bike rack system, solar panel, awning) as part of the deal.
When I came to change, at same dealer, we went through the same process at same time of year on another range of stock vans, had all the important kit fitted or transferred and the new one cost me just two thirds of the saving I'd made on the previous van...
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by groundhog Thu Jan 14, 2021 9:46 am

Welcome to the forum, our Worcester is a coachbuilt but still considering changing it for a PVC, the Warwick XL is about the only van that appeals to us. Excellent choice! 
Our last van we bought as Chris ( bolero boy) suggests and we lost comparatively little when we sold it.
Assumedly you are looking at very recent used vehicles, make sure the van you choose has the most recent spec possible, especially of course with the auto box if that is what you are looking at.
groundhog
groundhog
Donator
Donator

Auto-Sleeper : Worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by TonyB Thu Jan 14, 2021 12:10 pm

Hi,welcome to the forum.Warwick XL is a nice comfortable layout for a couple.Bought mine in June 2020 and have been delighted with it.Managed 40 nights away before lockdown so had a good testing.Mine is a 66 reg. and had only done 8500 miles ,the saving from a new price was substantial considering the van was good as new.Best of luck with your perchase,found mine on Autotrader.
Regards TonyB.
TonyB
TonyB

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunbeampizza Sat Jan 23, 2021 6:49 pm

Hi Little-scrote. Nearly went for a Warwick XL last summer but settled on a new Symbol Plus which has a great layout and worth a look. As far as buying new versus nearly new, I have followed the prices carefully and it seems that there is very little decrease in price from new during the first two or three years and perhaps it is worth the extra to buy new for warranty purposes. Also why are these expensive toys sold after a short ownership ?AS won’t turn down a sensible offer to secure a sale. Second hand vans also come with a guarantee but look carefully. I bought a two year old Broadway but the full guarantee was only for the first year, then £1K max the second and £500 the third.That does not buy much. Not so for new.  Best wishes in your search and fervently hope we can have a happy summer
Sunbeampizza
Sunbeampizza

Male

Member Age : 80
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo
Vehicle Year : 2012

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulmold Sat Jan 23, 2021 7:01 pm

I note that little-scrote hasn't visited the forum since starting this thread, so hasn't even read any of the replies.

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Kdc likes this post

Back to top Go down

Potential Warwick XL Buyer Empty Warwick xl

Post by Mikewarland Mon Jan 25, 2021 11:53 am

I have A Warwick Xl 2015 bought in August 2020 for £40000 with 11000 miles on the clock. I have owned a Lot of motorhomes and although we only managed 3 weeks away in September so far it is a brilliant vehicle that meets our need exactly wish we had bought one sooner. Mine did'nt have a solar panel or WiFi which I have added I guess they were added on later models. The water and waste tanks are a little small if you stop off grid which we do but we managed for 3 weeks by visiting sites every 3rd or 4th day.
Mikewarland
Mikewarland

Male

Auto-Sleeper : WarwickXL
Vehicle Year : 2015

little_scrote likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by little_scrote Mon May 24, 2021 11:55 am

Paulmold wrote:I note that little-scrote hasn't visited the forum since starting this thread, so hasn't even read any of the replies.
I had visited and seen the replies, just wasn't logged in so I guess it doesn't show for you.

I'm watching the topic, but is there a way of getting notification of replies? - EDIT: scratch that, i am getting notifications now.

All valuable info and I ended up buying a 2014 Warwick XL a couple of weeks ago. Only had 1 night away staying on a drive so far, looking forward to getting out in it more over the coming years.

Last edited by little_scrote on Mon May 24, 2021 12:01 pm; edited 2 times in total
little_scrote
little_scrote

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulmold Mon May 24, 2021 11:57 am

little_scrote wrote:
Paulmold wrote:I note that little-scrote hasn't visited the forum since starting this thread, so hasn't even read any of the replies.
I had visited and seen the replies, just wasn't logged in so I guess it doesn't show for you.

All valuable info and I ended up buying a 2014 Warwick XL a couple of weeks ago. Only had 1 night away staying on a drive so far, looking forward to getting out in it more over the coming years.
Thanks for the update and enjoy your van.

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

little_scrote likes this post

Back to top Go down