The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anti-theft clamp for an Autosleeper Symbol

+3
IanH
Tinwheeler
arkofdevon
7 posters

Go down

Anti-theft clamp for an Autosleeper Symbol Empty Anti-theft clamp for an Autosleeper Symbol

Post by arkofdevon Thu Aug 06, 2020 2:57 pm

I'm soon to take delivery of a 2014 Autosleeper Symbol (i.e. Peugeot Boxer-based), and want to deter thieves as best I can because it will be parked on the street. I've read that the BULLDOG EM4X4SS EUROCLAMP is the bees' knees. Does anyone know if this (a) fits and (b) is the bees' knees? Thanks. Andy

Sorry - new on here. Just realised I'm in the wrong place but, presumably, wheel sizes are the same for coach-built and van conversions?
arkofdevon
arkofdevon

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Autosleeper
Vehicle Year : 2011

Back to top Go down

Anti-theft clamp for an Autosleeper Symbol Empty Re: Anti-theft clamp for an Autosleeper Symbol

Post by Tinwheeler Thu Aug 06, 2020 5:17 pm

A wheel clamp of any sort could be a pain to fit and remove in the street as it will probably need to be fitted on the offside. 

The vehicle will have a factory fitted immobiliser and I’d be inclined to consider an alarm and/or a steering wheel lock rather than a wheel clamp. 

Nothing is foolproof if a thief is determined enough and most can cut their way through wheel clamps with no trouble at all.
Tinwheeler
Tinwheeler
Donator
Donator

Male

Vehicle Year : 2019

Back to top Go down

Anti-theft clamp for an Autosleeper Symbol Empty Re: Anti-theft clamp for an Autosleeper Symbol

Post by IanH Thu Aug 06, 2020 6:22 pm

Use search, type in warwick duo extra security, a post I wrote a week or two ago. Best steering, not wheel, lock is the disklok, better than the one I have
IanH
IanH
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Executive
Vehicle Year : 2002

Back to top Go down

Post by Mids Thu Aug 06, 2020 7:00 pm

Hi have a2019 broadway have just fitted a milenco  for wheels fits 14to 16 inch.  Also use a milenco  steering  lock..
Mids
Mids

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Broadway
Vehicle Year : 2019

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulmold Thu Aug 06, 2020 7:43 pm

Mids wrote:Hi have a2019 broadway have just fitted a milenco  for wheels fits 14to 16 inch.  Also use a milenco  steering  lock..
I also have Milenco (Compact) wheel-clamp and steering lock but I also have pedal clamp locking all three pedals together and an alarm and a driveway alarm with pir in van and receiver/alarm in house.

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Post by Molly3 Sat Aug 08, 2020 10:34 pm

I use the bulldog ca 2000 insurance  approved   wheel clamp , a monster  of clamp   but  very heavy  and difficult  to  fit , a friend  had to buy one  or his  insurance  company  would not  re insure  his van ,after being stolen then recoverd , it had a steering wheel clamp fitted but that was removed  in seconds with a battery powered  saw ,
Molly3
Molly3

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo
Vehicle Year : 2014

Back to top Go down

Post by gpilky Tue Aug 11, 2020 8:51 am

Apart from the alarm and tracker, which is remotely monitored, I have a Milenco Steering wheel lock which I use when travelling (town car parks, some sites, etc. It sits nicely behind the drivers seat when not being used.

Also have the Bulldog when it is sat on my drive. As mentioned, its a bit awkward to get on (because its on the wheel and you have to get to the floor to fit it) but it is a sturdy bit of kit. However all devices can be removed, even the best of them such as the Disclock, so it's best to have several devices to make it a difficult, lengthy and noisy process for the thief.

If you are parking on the street I'd think about parking near to CCTV and close to houses. We had our motorhome 'cased' on the driveway and they were picked up by our neighbours CCTV who notified the police. What the potential thieves didn't know is another of my neighbours is a police officer - so they got a 'visit' and a gentle warning that they would be no1 suspect if any motorhomes in the area went missing!!!
gpilky
gpilky

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EB
Vehicle Year : 2017

Back to top Go down