The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Oil Change Warning

+13
Molly3
Dbvwt
ymfb1
gassygassy
Richard G
glyne lock
Flash
Page Turner
burlingtonboaby
Paulmold
rogerblack
easylifer
simontm1959
17 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Oil Change Warning Empty Oil Change Warning

Post by simontm1959 Sun Jun 21, 2020 11:04 am

After having to charge the vehicle battery after being in storage, the 'Oil Change' warning came on,.  Not something I wanted to drive around with until the next service (14 months away).  Contacted Peugeot who advised 'it's a computer reset' - must be brought in and plugged into the computer.  Took it in, handed the keys at the service desk and literally 2 minutes later they handed me the keys back and said all good.  I said I though you need to 'hook it' up to the computer?  Oh no, not now, we switch the ignition on and press the pedals in sequence and that resets it!  I wasn't very happy after being told this as it was a 90 mile round trip - plus getting it out of storage!  Posting this to let everyone know and possibly save a unnecessary journey if the same thing happens.
simontm1959
simontm1959

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EB
Vehicle Year : 2019

Back to top Go down

Oil Change Warning Empty Re: Oil Change Warning

Post by easylifer Sun Jun 21, 2020 11:09 am

simontm1959 wrote:After having to charge the vehicle battery after being in storage, the 'Oil Change' warning came on,.  Not something I wanted to drive around with until the next service (14 months away).  Contacted Peugeot who advised 'it's a computer reset' - must be brought in and plugged into the computer.  Took it in, handed the keys at the service desk and literally 2 minutes later they handed me the keys back and said all good.  I said I though you need to 'hook it' up to the computer?  Oh no, not now, we switch the ignition on and press the pedals in sequence and that resets it!  I wasn't very happy after being told this as it was a 90 mile round trip - plus getting it out of storage!  Posting this to let everyone know and possibly save a unnecessary journey if the same thing happens.
Did they tell you what the pedal sequence was? Might be useful for others (including Peugeot engineers).

David
easylifer
easylifer
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 76
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo
Vehicle Year : 2009

Kdc likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by simontm1959 Sun Jun 21, 2020 11:15 am

David - Unfortunately they didn't, I was lucky to get that feedback, as they rushed off!
simontm1959
simontm1959

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by rogerblack Sun Jun 21, 2020 11:31 am

Here you go:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

rogerblack
rogerblack
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 68
Auto-Sleeper : Pollensa/Boxer2.8HDi
Vehicle Year : 2002

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulmold Sun Jun 21, 2020 11:32 am

It's all on YouTube.

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

RogerThat likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by simontm1959 Sun Jun 21, 2020 11:41 am

Thanks!  I should've looked at YouTube rather than asking the dealer!  Hope it helps someone!
simontm1959
simontm1959

Male

Back to top Go down

Oil Change Warning Empty Oil Change warning

Post by simontm1959 Sun Jun 21, 2020 12:04 pm

Note to self - Always ask on the Forum!!!!!
simontm1959
simontm1959

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by burlingtonboaby Sun Jun 21, 2020 12:51 pm

simontm1959 wrote:After having to charge the vehicle battery after being in storage, the 'Oil Change' warning came on,.  Not something I wanted to drive around with until the next service (14 months away).  Contacted Peugeot who advised 'it's a computer reset' - must be brought in and plugged into the computer.  Took it in, handed the keys at the service desk and literally 2 minutes later they handed me the keys back and said all good.  I said I though you need to 'hook it' up to the computer?  Oh no, not now, we switch the ignition on and press the pedals in sequence and that resets it!  I wasn't very happy after being told this as it was a 90 mile round trip - plus getting it out of storage!  Posting this to let everyone know and possibly save a unnecessary journey if the same thing happens.
Puggie Dealerships are very good at drawing the money out of van owners , my last four year service they charged me £2.50 for topping up the windshield washer bottle.    shrugg  I had advised the service reception I had filled it up with Halfords washer liquid before coming inane not to bother. After giving a negative review ,the service manager dropped of a full bottle of Peugeot washer liquid and apologised, there you go.  up!
Boaby
burlingtonboaby
burlingtonboaby
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 74
Auto-Sleeper : Devon Firefly
Vehicle Year : 2018

Back to top Go down

Post by easylifer Sun Jun 21, 2020 1:15 pm

Thank you Roger, that might come in handy.
easylifer
easylifer
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 76
Vehicle Year : 2009

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 21, 2020 2:12 pm

I had the same thing happen to me, dropped it into the dealership, where they  said they had a memo notification of motorhomes and would not reset after a certain period and would need to oil change and charge. Something to do with the time the vehicle was being transformed into a motorhome and how long it had been standing. It is not from first registration. They did reset with no charge.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Page Turner Mon Jun 22, 2020 2:39 am

Always worth checking the internet before contacting a garage.  Our oil change warning came on the Nuevo  2 days after servicing.  It was serviced on lockdown day and we didn’t want to have to take it back so hubby found the not-so-secret sequence and it worked a treat

Last week we got the car back after some major work, following day set off to get our click and collect order and the airbag light came on.  Uncle Google directed hubby to the sequence to sort that one too.
Page Turner
Page Turner

Female

Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo EK

Back to top Go down

Post by Flash Mon Jun 22, 2020 5:57 pm

Procedure is:-
Turn ignition on until oil change warning shows, turn ignition off, press throttle all the way down & press brake pedal down, keeping pedals down turn on ignition & wait until oil warning shows on display, turn off ignition, release both pedals. Warning should now be gone when you turn on the ignition. 
Worked on my 2019 Nuevo but I assume all are similar.
Flash
Flash

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo ES

Back to top Go down

Post by glyne lock Mon Jun 22, 2020 6:21 pm

Caslon
as you said people buying new vans should have been given the paper work  about the oil light coming on when they collected the new van on the hand over . you should not be resetting it yourself as this could effect the warranty.as now the vehicle could end up going well over 2 years before the oil is changed  and you well have no paper work of any oil change  .if the dealer resets it they will have a log of this  so well cover you for the warranty
glyne lock
glyne lock

Male

Auto-Sleeper : kemerton xl

Back to top Go down

Post by Richard G Mon Jun 22, 2020 10:29 pm

Although are warranties really worth anything? Mine had 6 months only, schedule was only a page and excleded most things anyway!
Richard G
Richard G

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EL
Vehicle Year : 2021

Back to top Go down

Post by glyne lock Mon Jun 22, 2020 10:55 pm

I was talking about a new vehicle warranty not a 2nd hand warranty that it sound like you are talking about Ricard that is not worth paying out for
glyne lock
glyne lock

Male

Auto-Sleeper : kemerton xl

Back to top Go down

Post by gassygassy Tue Jun 23, 2020 6:11 pm

I was surprised when I bought a new Fiat Ducato based motorhome. The first oil change from new was listed at 30,000 miles or one year! I suppose a DHL van will do that in a month but here I am having been brought up on a diet of Minis, Minors and Austins where the first oil change from an engine rebuild is 500 miles. And have you seen what they call 'oil' nowadays? You could easily mistake it for water and drink it. It's colourless and the same viscosity as water. Or at least the brand I saw in a car accessory shop was.

Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : 1 Bourton 1 Polensa
Vehicle Year : various

Back to top Go down

Post by ymfb1 Wed Jun 24, 2020 6:13 am

I just had our Kingham MOTd and a recall on the brake pipes done at the local(ish) Peugeot dealer.  The oil service warning came on the day before, this is the second time it’s happened, when I collected it they advised they had changed the oil and replaced the filter.

So I’ve had three changes of oil and filter in 3,800 miles and IIRC only paid once.

I must remember the pedal trick !
ymfb1
ymfb1

Male

Member Age : 60
Auto-Sleeper : Kingham
Vehicle Year : 2017

Back to top Go down

Post by Dbvwt Wed Jun 24, 2020 8:22 am

My light came on about a week after I picked the van up and after a search on the net found the full reset sequence.

This photocopied page was in the handover documents and was pointed out to me on handover. Looks like the final part of the reset sequence is on a second page.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Dbvwt
Dbvwt

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Symbol

Back to top Go down

Post by gassygassy Wed Jun 24, 2020 9:37 pm

........another reason for getting a pre-computerised motorhome..... smile!

Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Molly3 Thu Jun 25, 2020 1:45 am

Before service check the engine under tray is fitted take a photo ,on collection check it has been re fitted , mine was not but could not prove it .
Molly3
Molly3

Male

Vehicle Year : 2014

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunbeampizza Thu Jun 25, 2020 10:23 am

X

Last edited by Sunbeampizza on Thu Jun 25, 2020 10:35 am; edited 1 time in total
Sunbeampizza
Sunbeampizza

Male

Member Age : 80
Vehicle Year : 2012

Back to top Go down

Oil Change Warning Empty Emission control dashboard warning light.

Post by Sunbeampizza Thu Jun 25, 2020 10:34 am

On the subject of dashboard warning lights, my emission control light has been on since the van came out of winter storage despite a brisk one hour run down the M4 which I was told should have cleared it. Booked it in to my usual brilliant garage in Stoke Mandeville and guess what ? the darn light disappeared on the way. They plugged it in to the diagnostic computer and confirmed nothing was wrong and cleared it off and three other fault codes after similarly checking. There was no charge (apart from a pint of course). Agree with gasseygassey - bring back the old days !

Last edited by Sunbeampizza on Thu Jun 25, 2020 10:39 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Insert title)
Sunbeampizza
Sunbeampizza

Male

Member Age : 80
Vehicle Year : 2012

Back to top Go down

Post by gassygassy Thu Jun 25, 2020 9:23 pm

I'm seriously thinking of getting a monocoque A/S. There are some very nice ones out there for £15k.
Oh by the way in the latest MMM there is an advert from a dealer offering a new Nuevo for £49,995 which sounds good. Well, cheaper than list anyway.

Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by SENTINEL Wed Mar 17, 2021 3:15 pm

An old thread but same subject....with a question.
Out of interest - if the manual reset procedure is not carried out does the warning system go to the next level of warning as indicated in the handbook with reduced performance?
Or is it purely a timer thing...and it will just blink away until the real oil change needs to be done?
Our Symbol had a major service February last year at a Peugeot commercial garage (before we purchased it) and has only done 600 miles since then. The previous owner was too ill to use it much last year and it was with a dealer for about 2 months before we purchased it last October. Then lockdown and winter!
Next service should be February 2022, but maybe we should just have the oil changed anyway??

Last edited by SENTINEL on Wed Mar 17, 2021 6:14 pm; edited 2 times in total
SENTINEL
SENTINEL
Donator
Donator

Female

Auto-Sleeper : EX-SYMBOL

Back to top Go down

Post by woodlice Wed Mar 17, 2021 3:48 pm

Mine came on at 3,500 miles and the main Peugeot agent reset it. Then it the came on exactly one year later on the exact date after the first year service. I then got the motorhome dealer to reset it as I had to take it in for something else and it hasn't come back on since.
woodlice
woodlice

Male

Member Age : 65
Auto-Sleeper : Warick xl
Vehicle Year : 17

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next