The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Planned Trips

3 posters

Go down

Planned Trips Empty Planned Trips

Post by Dave 418 Sat Mar 28, 2020 10:07 am

We booked for an air show and Flying Proms at Shuttleworth this summer. The first one in May has been cancelled but Shuttleworth has offered to transfer our May booking for any events after June.
This makes you feel there is hope after this crisis and people are trying to look forward rather than letting things stay down. Hopefully more organisers will think this way. Apart from raiding the tins from the Rienza it is ready for the first chance to be on the move as a lot of people will be.
Dave 418
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 69
Auto-Sleeper : Rienza
Vehicle Year : 2005

Back to top Go down

Planned Trips Empty Re: Planned Trips

Post by Gromit Sat Mar 28, 2020 10:18 am

Hopefully Dave. That would be a very cheering thought, but I'm inclined to think they are being overly optimistic.

I don't think there's much point in speculating, since so little is known about this completely new virus. 

All we can do is hope for the best, prepare for the worst, then wait and see.

Oh look . . . I've just outlined the basic government strategy!  rolleyes (And in fairness to them, what else could they possibly do.)
Gromit
Gromit
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 80
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo EK LP
Vehicle Year : 2015

Back to top Go down

Post by bikeralw Sat Mar 28, 2020 10:26 am

The committee of the motorcycle club I'm a member of has cancelled or postponed all published rallies and meetings up until the end of July.
Al.
bikeralw
bikeralw
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo
Vehicle Year : 2004

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave 418 Thu Apr 23, 2020 10:35 pm

Shuttleworth have been in touch offering to move our booking for May to an air show in July. I took up there offer but will see what the situation is at that time. If nothing else it is something to be hopeful for. 
No mention about Flying Proms in August or an open air theatre event in Norfolk we have booked but I suppose it’s a bit early to be thinking that far ahead yet.
Dave 418
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 69
Auto-Sleeper : Rienza
Vehicle Year : 2005

Back to top Go down

Post by bikeralw Fri Apr 24, 2020 9:10 am

The truth is no one knows when any restrictions may be lifted. The latest from the gov think tank is that slight alterations, for example, on the type of shops that can open may be possible in mid June.
All we can be sure of is that companies who have our money for whatever future function or service are very reluctant to issue a refund. This is understandable given that no organisation wants to fold.
But the stark reality is that for the foreseeable future, will anyone want to go to an event involving huge crowds? As an example, my wife, who is a huge tennis fan, says if it was still on, she would turn down a Wimbledon centre court ticket even is it was offered free.
Al.
bikeralw
bikeralw
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo
Vehicle Year : 2004

Back to top Go down