The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dividing Curtain

4 posters

Go down

Dividing Curtain Empty Dividing Curtain

Post by crooko Sat Feb 22, 2020 7:15 pm

confused3 We have recently purchased a Mercedes Malvern and love it to bits, has anyone put a dividing curtain between the French bed and the main living area? Have thought about getting some Heavy Duty Velcro and attaching it to the ceiling and a lightweight curtain. Also has anyone tried self adhesive shelves for a cuppa in bed in the morning?
crooko
crooko

Female

Auto-Sleeper : Malvern
Vehicle Year : 2019

Back to top Go down

Dividing Curtain Empty Re: Dividing Curtain

Post by Peter Brown Sun Feb 23, 2020 11:18 am

We did think about installing such a curtain but decided we would rarely if ever use it.  If you have significantly different bed times and like to keep the window cover open then it may be worth it.

I wouldn't recommend self adhesive and hot drink combination.  On my older Malvern, I rearranged the shelves at the bedhead so they would take glasses/mugs.  Recently a friend 3D printed for me a flip down cupholder that screws to the wall at a convenient location.

Last edited by Peter Brown on Sun Feb 23, 2020 4:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Peter Brown
Peter Brown
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 71
Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EB
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam Sun Feb 23, 2020 4:49 pm

I was advised when we purchased ours that a curtain rail use to be a factory fitted option and I believe a few were fitted. However, like Peter, we concluded that it would be rarely if ever used and this has proved to be the case over the 6 years of ownership and use.

Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.
Liam
Liam
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 80
Auto-Sleeper : Warwick XL
Vehicle Year : 2021

Back to top Go down

Dividing Curtain Empty Thank you.

Post by crooko Tue Feb 25, 2020 2:05 pm

Peter Brown wrote:We did think about installing such a curtain but decided we would rarely if ever use it.  If you have significantly different bed times and like to keep the window cover open then it may be worth it.

I wouldn't recommend self adhesive and hot drink combination.  On my older Malvern, I rearranged the shelves at the bedhead so they would take glasses/mugs.  Recently a friend 3D printed for me a flip down cupholder that screws to the wall at a convenient location.
Thanks for your reply, the idea of the curtain was to stop the dog from jumping on the bed in the middle of the night ! and to screen the bed off when you have guests. Will think on it. gimmefive
crooko
crooko

Female

Back to top Go down

Dividing Curtain Empty Thank you.

Post by crooko Tue Feb 25, 2020 2:06 pm

Liam wrote:I was advised when we purchased ours that a curtain rail use to be a factory fitted option and I believe a few were fitted. However, like Peter, we concluded that it would be rarely if ever used and this has proved to be the case over the 6 years of ownership and use.
As replied to Peter , more of a dog guard/privacy issue. Thanks.
crooko
crooko

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Paramedic Tue Feb 25, 2020 2:47 pm

Our Broadway FB (Peugeot equivalent to the Malvern) has the factory fitted curtain. Perhaps you can enquire to AS to obtain the lightweight aluminium rail that screws to the ceiling that mirror's the shape of the bed?

Male

Member Age : 77
Auto-Sleeper : Broadway FB
Vehicle Year : 2013

Back to top Go down