The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Filling up fresh water tank in nuveo

+8
SusanG
Adam & Emily
rogersrimini
inspiredron
Gromit
V
Paulmold
Paddington
12 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Filling up fresh water tank in nuveo Empty Filling up fresh water tank in nuveo

Post by Paddington Sat Jun 22, 2019 8:02 pm

Hi
After 3 months I finally got the correct whale fixtures for filling up the fresh water tank. I tried to fill it up this afternoon. Attached whale thing to inlet on van. Switched on power on van. Filled to 100%. But water started pouring out from underside of van. Tank went down to 25%. Then tried filling it again. Got to 50% full and then heard the water pouring out the undercarriage again. Any ideas? Also i tried to flush the toilet but no water came. Got water in taps though. Any thoughts? THanks
Paddington
Paddington

Female

Auto-Sleeper : Nuveo
Vehicle Year : 2014

Back to top Go down

Filling up fresh water tank in nuveo Empty Re: Filling up fresh water tank in nuveo

Post by Paulmold Sat Jun 22, 2019 8:14 pm

Dump valve open.

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Filling up fresh water tank in nuveo Empty Re: Filling up fresh water tank in nuveo

Post by Paddington Sat Jun 22, 2019 9:06 pm

Not sure what you mean. When trying to flush the toilet I have the valve on the cassette open. Otherwise it is closed. All the taps underneath the van are closed. But the water is actually pouring out the undercarriage, not from any taps when I try to fill  up the fresh water tank.
Paddington
Paddington

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 22, 2019 9:16 pm

what Paul is suggesting is that the Truma Combi boiler 'dump valve'is open and the water is coming out as fast as it's going in...
this valve could be open because you've opened it previously perhaps to drain against cold weather, or it may have opened automatically due to a cold snap.....
you can close it manually, it's near the boiler.
you can then try again.....good 
uck with the whale thing.....I'm a 'hosepipe in the hole' man myself...
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulmold Sat Jun 22, 2019 9:21 pm

There is a valve to drain the fresh and hot water known as the dump valve. You can open it manually or it opens automatically if temperature falls to 3 degrees to prevent damage to hot tank. If you last used van when weather was cold, it may have opened then to drain tank. I'll post a photo of it so you can try and locate it. You'll have to find instructions how to close it unless someone else can explain (I don't have this automatic valve so can't explain).

Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulmold Sat Jun 22, 2019 9:23 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

That's what you're looking for.

Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Paddington Sat Jun 22, 2019 9:55 pm

Thanks. I will explore tomorrow. 👍
Paddington
Paddington

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by V Wed Jul 03, 2019 1:44 pm

Hi
If your boiler 'dump' valve is open, the ends of the toggle type looking switch on the top of valve will be pointing 12 to 6 o'clock.
To close it, - locate blue (on ours) button down left, as your looking down at it, side of valve, press this in and hold whilst turning the switch, blue (on ours)  so it is in a 9-3 position. If you have water in the fresh tank you might then hear it running into the boiler.
If you haven't previously figured it out, I hope this helps.
V
V

Female

Member Age : 57
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo EK
Vehicle Year : 2012

Back to top Go down

Post by Gromit Wed Jul 03, 2019 2:31 pm

Did you sort the problem?

It would be nice to hear back in case your experience can help others.
Gromit
Gromit
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 80
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo EK LP
Vehicle Year : 2015

Back to top Go down

Post by Paddington Wed Jul 03, 2019 6:12 pm

It was the dump valve afterall. It was closed. In my van in is located under the rear seats on the drivers side.
Paddington
Paddington

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Gromit Wed Jul 03, 2019 7:04 pm

The simplest things are sent to catch us out. Good thing it wasn't anything serious!  up!
Gromit
Gromit
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by V Wed Jul 03, 2019 10:44 pm

Always good to hear an issue has been sorted..........    big thumbs up

The part I don't understand is that if the valve was closed surely the boiler should of filled.
Ne mind, all's good
V
V

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by inspiredron Wed Jul 03, 2019 11:58 pm

The dump valve will not close unless the button is pushed in while the handle on top is turned to the closed position. If the dump valve opens automatically because it is cold the button will pop out but the handle will stay in the closed position. To close the valve you have to turn the handle to the open position, hold in the button and close the handle.
I hope that explains your puzzlement.

Male

Member Age : 82
Auto-Sleeper : Lancashire

Back to top Go down

Post by Gromit Thu Jul 04, 2019 8:43 am

Hi Ron

Did A/S fit automatic dump valves in 2012?

I can't remember, but if they still fitted the manual ones (which I much prefer incidentally) I think V will be thoroughly flummoxed!  content

This is the manual one . . . 

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Gromit
Gromit
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by inspiredron Fri Jul 05, 2019 12:11 am

Gromit wrote:Hi Ron

Did A/S fit automatic dump valves in 2012?

I can't remember, but if they still fitted the manual ones (which I much prefer incidentally) I think V will be thoroughly flummoxed!  content

This is the manual one . . . 

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Yes - mine is a 2012
 The post did say that the dump valve was switched off - but if the button was not in then it would look switched off but be open. That was what I was attempting to explain. 
The very first time that I refilled after the winter layup I did not reset the dump valve properly.

Male

Member Age : 82
Auto-Sleeper : Lancashire

Back to top Go down

Post by V Fri Jul 05, 2019 3:17 pm

innocent 
Paddington's post said 'It was the dump valve afterall. It was closed'. Hence my 'what I don't understand is.......' 
I didn't read a post which said 'the dump valve was switched off' anywhere.
Maybe me writing, of the button, 'press this in and hold whilst turning the switch' was not read or possibly misunderstood by other readers.
I've read through the posts and can't see who has said they are puzzled.
Oh dear, that manual valve, I can see how 'thoroughly flummoxed' some people might find them, but not ME, I understand valves I do.
Now I'm wondering if there is another 'V' on here who Gromit THINKS he knows well enough to judge as he doesn't know me happyno
lol4
V
V

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Gromit Fri Jul 05, 2019 7:11 pm

V wrote:Oh dear, that manual valve, I can see how 'thoroughly flummoxed' some people might find them, but not ME, I understand valves I do.
Now I'm wondering if there is another 'V' on here who Gromit THINKS he knows well enough to judge as he doesn't know me happyno
lol4
Why the sarcasm when I was only trying to help!!

Ah well, it takes all sorts I suppose.  rolleyes
Gromit
Gromit
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by rogersrimini Wed Jul 10, 2019 11:54 am

I had this problem after servicing this year. The dump valve hadn't closed fully. I just opened and closed it a couple of times and it sealed. Next time I filled with water the problem had gone!
rogersrimini
rogersrimini

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo
Vehicle Year : 2017

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam & Emily Wed Jul 31, 2019 4:54 pm

Probably a bit long ago now but re the toilet flush on my 2007 Nuevo the toilet flush tank has a separate fill point on the drivers side above the toilet cassette locker. Just need a cap of pink stuff and from memory about 7 litres of water which last a good while.
Adam & Emily
Adam & Emily

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Autosleeper Nuevo ES
Vehicle Year : 2007

Back to top Go down

Post by SusanG Wed Jun 03, 2020 2:34 pm

I have the same problem with fresh water tank not filling but pouring out water underneath, we have the manual yellow valve switch, should I be looking for a button
SusanG
SusanG

Female

Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo es
Vehicle Year : 2003

Back to top Go down

Post by SusanG Wed Jun 03, 2020 2:37 pm

I have another problem on nuevo es, the toilet button does not flush, should I be looking for a fuse somewhere
SusanG
SusanG

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulmold Wed Jun 03, 2020 2:48 pm

SusanG wrote:I have the same problem with fresh water tank not filling but pouring out water underneath, we have the manual yellow valve switch, should I be looking for a button
If the yellow tab on top is verticle, then it is open and simply needs turning down to the horizontal to close

Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulmold Wed Jun 03, 2020 2:49 pm

SusanG wrote:I have another problem on nuevo es, the toilet button does not flush, should I be looking for a fuse somewhere
Open cassette door, look up and to the left to see the fuse.

Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by SusanG Wed Jun 03, 2020 5:28 pm

Thank you , all good now , simple when you know where to look. We are going to tape the wire joining box up, as I think when we drained the cassette tank for the winter the junction box may have got wet.
Thanks again for your advice
SusanG
SusanG

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave 418 Wed Jun 03, 2020 8:20 pm

The boiler dump valve caught me out when on our first outing with the Rienza. I filled the tank before we left. Stopped for lunch and a brew so I turned the pump on to fill the kettle. The pump wouldn’t stop running and we had a stream of water from the area of the back axle.
On site I filled the tank again and crawled under to trace the leak. By luck I worked out it was somewhere under the side bench. I found what turned out to be the boiler dump valve. At no point in the handover by the sales person the dump valve was ever mentioned. What appeared to be a major leak was simple to cure.
Dave 418
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 69
Auto-Sleeper : Rienza
Vehicle Year : 2005

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next