The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Peterborough show

+9
Campievanner
deckie
NickPaling
graham01
roli
vwt4
CC
Paulmold
murph
13 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Peterborough show Empty Peterborough show

Post by murph Fri Apr 13, 2012 2:04 pm

Hi Everyone,
Who is going to Peterborough, we might meet up, we will be flying our Manx flag (Red with a gold three legs emblem in the middle,) and the van is well marked with the same symbol, though I dont expect ours will be the only Manx flag. I do expect to have a chat with Roli again while I am there, (assuming he is going.)

Brian

murph
murph

Male

Member Age : 86
Auto-Sleeper : Lancashire EK,ES.

Back to top Go down

Peterborough show Empty Re: Peterborough show

Post by Paulmold Fri Apr 13, 2012 2:09 pm

We will be there in the C&CC area. After the show we are going onto Cherry Hinton CC site in Cambridge until the next weekend.
Paulmold
Paulmold
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Post by CC Sat Apr 14, 2012 10:08 am

Were going as well....

Left it a bit late to try and get a camping pitch at the showground though gettinwrong
Struggling to find a suitable site nearby, so if anyone has any suggestions for a decent site in the area please let us know Ta up!

By the way did anyone see Chris Gosling (ex Caravan Channel) at the Newark Show? he was filming outside the first undercover area at around the same time we must have been in there looking around, could have had a moment of fame hugegrins maybe someone else got them selves recognised instead.

CC

Male

Member Age : 59
Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EL Duo

Back to top Go down

Post by CC Sat Apr 14, 2012 11:05 am

Managed to get booked in at Ferry Meadows Caravan Club Site, website said they were fully booked but a phone call resulted in pitches available, we have noticed this with a few sites that claim they are booked on the website but when you call they seem to have pitches available scratch head Anyway pitch sorted content

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by vwt4 Sat Apr 14, 2012 2:02 pm

we are going, in the general camping area, left it too late for the c&cc might see some of you there
vwt4
vwt4
vwt4

Male

Member Age : 77
Auto-Sleeper : Trophy
Vehicle Year : 1994

Back to top Go down

Post by roli Sat Apr 14, 2012 8:27 pm

Yes we are going and will be in the ASOC camping area, our Windsor normally sports a yellow smiley flag with possible leds on the pole (if management has charged her panels up!!!) to assist finding the van after a skinfull.

It has ASOF Stickers on but if the screen is covered only the habitation door sticker can be seen. Bulldog01 will probably be parked close in their Nuevo Classic.

I do carry a small stock of stickers so if any of you who are going need an ASOF sticker call round. If you want a meet up, pm me here on the forum and I will send you my mobile number

roli
roli

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Warwick Duo
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

Peterborough show Empty peterborough show

Post by graham01 Fri Apr 20, 2012 12:38 am

we are going. didnt book on time but hope there is space will be flying a duck on our flag pole,hope to meet one or two of u there

Graham
wave gimmefive
graham01
graham01

Male

Member Age : 63
Auto-Sleeper : palermo

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulmold Tue Apr 24, 2012 3:24 pm

MMM have just posted this on the show website .....

''Due to the increased number of pre-booked campers this year and the possible reduction in available
land due to the weather, we are recommending that any non-booked weekend campers who are planning to visit The National Motorhome Show, come as day visitors.''
Paulmold
Paulmold
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by roli Tue Apr 24, 2012 4:55 pm

Hmm - that doesnt sound positive weatherwise does it !!!
roli
roli

Male

Back to top Go down

Peterborough show Empty peterborough show

Post by graham01 Tue Apr 24, 2012 5:40 pm

o dear were not booked so may not bother, shame, but thanks for the info

Graham up!
graham01
graham01

Male

Member Age : 63
Auto-Sleeper : palermo

Back to top Go down

Post by NickPaling Tue Apr 24, 2012 6:39 pm

We couldn't get in to the site so we're just there on Sunday. An early start should see us there for opening time. Looking for to seeing a Cotswold or two.

Auto-Sleeper : Orian Pavo

Back to top Go down

Post by CC Tue Apr 24, 2012 7:43 pm

Lets hope the weather improves by the weekend innocent confused0

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by roli Wed Apr 25, 2012 12:12 am

Take it has been raining then in the South

Managements solar panels on her LEDS have been charging nicely this week in the sun, ready for the weekend
roli
roli

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by CC Wed Apr 25, 2012 5:20 pm

roli wrote:Take it has been raining then in the South

Errr just a bit rainyday

Think since the hosepipe ban came into force we might have had one dry day.... never mind we need it snigger

Be nice if it's reasonably dry for the P'boro show though, be up to our ankles in mud otherwise confused0

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by CC Wed Apr 25, 2012 9:03 pm

Just had the Ferry Meadows CC Site ring to say they have to cancel our weekend pitch due to the wet weather censored! Oh well.... hugegrins

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by deckie Wed Apr 25, 2012 9:28 pm

CruizingComet wrote:Just had the Ferry Meadows CC Site ring to say they have to cancel our weekend pitch due to the wet weather censored! Oh well.... hugegrins

That's a shame CC so_sad .... I have read on another forum, that some members also had their booking cancelled, due to flooded fields.

Also, Peterborough organisers are already using the Tractors and are not accepting un-booked units .... but telling people to come as day visitors.

"Good old British weather"

Brian

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 79
Auto-Sleeper : Clubman GL

Back to top Go down

Post by roli Wed Apr 25, 2012 9:49 pm

The MCC, Facts and Fun Marshals who are at Peterborough all report on their forums very wet conditions on their pitches and I understand all motorhomes will be brought in at one gate due to the wet weather and campers are advised wellies may be the order of the day. For members of those groups I would suggest you keep your eyes open for updates on the camping situation.

This is yet another advantage of groups using the internet to communicate with their members
roli
roli

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Campievanner Sat Apr 28, 2012 3:51 pm

How's the show ?

Anybody found a bargain yet ?

Quite glad we couldn't make this one with the way the weather is. Hasn't been any better here mind.
Campievanner
Campievanner

Female

Auto-Sleeper : Stratford
Vehicle Year : 2012

Back to top Go down

Post by vwt4 Sat Apr 28, 2012 4:10 pm

Just come back had to leave early as rain was never ending and camper sinking slowly into the field, I have to say that there was not that much to see, one huge area indoors was given over to static holiday homes ???
there was a lot of campers and motorhomes there but the weather for Sunday is torrential rain and winds so quite a few where setting off home, the marshal's were doing a great job standing out in the rain for hours directing people so all credit to them, did have one near miss when a elderly driver of a large m/home suddenly swung across the grass to get to his pitch disregarding the marshall and very nearly took the front off my camper. first time at Peterborough I think I will stick to Lincoln and Malvern for future events
mike
vwt4
vwt4
vwt4

Male

Member Age : 77
Auto-Sleeper : Trophy
Vehicle Year : 1994

Back to top Go down

Post by roli Sat Apr 28, 2012 4:52 pm

Being in Wakefield, the Northern Show will be a good one for you not too far away and we accept the white passports !! I didnt think twice about my trip to the office which was near you so should only take an hour to get to Knutsford Show.

To be fair the conditions at Peterborough are terrible. Where ASOC are parked ( well us and Bulldog01) its not too bad but poor Murph where he is is ok but has to cross a mudbath to get to his van. Not looked at the area yet where PaulMold is.

There are a lot people who are goinf home rather than stay over.

The invertor has started whining which is normally a sign that SWMBO wants me to do some washing up - really do need a 12v dishwasher in this van biee

roli
roli

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulmold Sat Apr 28, 2012 5:08 pm

Hi all at the show,
The area we are in is not too bad, some being towed off today by tractors that are actually making the tracks worse. We are not too far from a tarmac road which is also slightly downhill from our pitch so with a bit of luck we will get out Ok, if not we will have to get a tow but not in any hurry as we go onto Cambridge on Monday. Used the bus into Peterborough today so we could stay in the dry and warm inside shopping centres. Have not looked around the show much yet, had a very quick run round yesterday, hoping for a better day tomorrow, fingers crossed. Have kept a look out for Murph's Isle of Man flag, saw one and headed towards it but it turned out to be attached to an Autotrail so I'll keep looking.
Paulmold
Paulmold
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Dago Sat Apr 28, 2012 6:35 pm

Left the show at 2pm today and just arrived back in Eastbourne about 6pm.
Hasn't stopped rainning all the way back, so it's going to be very wet everywhere in the South ( "drought" did I hear someone say? look here )

Camped with MotorhomeFacts which were near to ASOC.
Arrived at 8am on Friday morning and have had a good time at the show despite the rain.
First time in 4 years it has rained & I believe quite some time since it has been quite so torrential.

Felt sorry for the small stallholders out side in the open, as they must have paid quite a bit to be at the show, but not really the weather for 'siteseeing', unless you had something specific to get?

A great round of applause to all the rally marshall's who give up their time to administer these type of events. I doubt if they have had much time off to go trekking around the show, with so many folk, coming & going since Thursday and the need to assist those who get themselves stuck in the grass!

Shame that we had to leave today, but the forecast for Sunday is not looking too good and with a lot of folk leaving the show tomorrow, will make the rally fields even more of a mud bath than it has been so far.

Super Donator & ASOF Supporter
Super Donator & ASOF Supporter

Male

Member Age : 73
Auto-Sleeper : 2007 Executive
Vehicle Year : 2007

Back to top Go down

Peterborough show Empty Peterborough Motorhome Show

Post by Ivory55 Sun Apr 29, 2012 11:06 am

Hi guys

Just arrived home after getting tractor to pull us off 'blue' area (sorry!) We did quite well with our purchases and learnt a lot about things that are on our shopping list. Came over to ASOC area but everyone must have, sensibly, been tucked up in their vans cos we couldn't see anyone to introduce ourselves to.

Like to add our thanks to the fantastic job done by the Marshalls and, in our case, the tractor driver too.

Going to go back to my cup of coffee now and to put some more wood on the woodburning stove content

Hope you all get home safely.

Colyn and Jill
Ivory55
Ivory55

Male

Member Age : 64
Auto-Sleeper : Rienza

Back to top Go down

Post by roli Sun Apr 29, 2012 12:35 pm

We have a flasher in our midst hugegrins

Poor old Murph came over this morning sopping wet and Mrs Bulldog invited himne in for a cuppa, he came in and dropped his pants infront of Mrs Bulldog and Mrs Roli - fear not they were only his overpants full details to follow in Bulldogs Journal when it gets on

Paul - Murph is still on the general camping area but was mulling over if to go or not as he hadnt planned to leave till tomorrow
roli
roli

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulmold Sun Apr 29, 2012 2:03 pm

We are still here. Spent the morning watching vans wheel spinning and being towed off. We have a n
ice lake a few yards away.
Hoping to leave in the morning. Unless it stops raining we will need a tow.
Paulmold
Paulmold
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next