The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hymer advice

+2
Admin
roli
6 posters

Go down

Hymer advice Empty Hymer advice

Post by Guest Thu Apr 05, 2012 8:34 pm

Hi, I am asking your general advice whether the proposal below sounds viable.

I am new to all these although we went around europe 35-40 yrs ago with a VW westfalia camper.

I am concidering to buy a Hymer 524 (rear fixed bed), LHD, 2004, 50,000mls, 3,900kgs, double floor, large garage etc.

All the paper work are in order, cam belt change recently, etc etc.

It is of Aluminium clad, solid foam sides and roof and has no wood in its construction.

It seems genuine & well looked after and drove it round a small quiet town road & I noticed slight general rattling but, the owner, who had it for 4 years, said on the motorways is quiet. Is this usual for its 8yrs?

The price is around £27,000.

I am 80 & my wife 72 & healthy Thanx ............nick
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Hymer advice Empty Re: Hymer advice

Post by roli Thu Apr 05, 2012 9:59 pm

Think you would be better asking on a Hymer forum or say a general forum such as MH Facts or Fun
roli
roli

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Warwick Duo
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Apr 05, 2012 10:13 pm

Hello Nick, as roli has already pointed out this is a dedicated forum for discussion about 'Auto-Sleeper' motorhomes. As this is not the first time you have requested advice on Hymer vehicles, you really would be better off joining a 'General Motorhome' forum that covers all makes of motorhomes rather than this forum which is really only suitable for those considering or already owning an Auto-Sleeper.

Site Admin
Site Admin

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by boxerman Fri Apr 06, 2012 8:25 am

I think the problem is that many people think "Auto-Sleeper" is another generic name for Motorhome.
I get it quite often on club application forms where people say they own a "Holdsworth Auto-Sleeper" for instance.

Frank
boxerman
boxerman
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 77
Auto-Sleeper : '95 Symphony
Vehicle Year : 1995

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 06, 2012 10:01 am

I am truly sorry folks,

Two mistakes. One is that my second help request post was meant for another forum & the second that I thought is as the last gentleman said, a M.Home forum.

Tried the Hymer one but, you fill a form, print it, post it & would not look at you if you don't have a Hymer.

W'ill not bothar you again & won't ask what is an AUt.Slpr, ...............nick
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by boxerman Fri Apr 06, 2012 10:21 am

nichos wrote:I am truly sorry folks,
Two mistakes. One is that my second help request post was meant for another forum & the second that I thought is as the last gentleman said, a M.Home forum.
No worries Nick we all make mistakes, and that is a common one. The only people who don't make mistakes are the ones who don't make anything.
nichos wrote:Tried the Hymer one but, you fill a form, print it, post it & would not look at you if you don't have a Hymer.
W'ill not bothar you again & won't ask what is an AUt.Slpr, ...............nick
And what does that tell you about Hymer owners? hugegrins they're not like us - we'll talk to anybody smile! You'd meet a better class of people if you bought an Auto-Sleeper.
Auto_Sleeper is a brand name, like Hymer, Burstner, Bessacar, Auto-Trail, Swift etc.etc.. and I'm sure you would find something you like in their range.

VBR
Frank
boxerman
boxerman
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 77
Auto-Sleeper : '95 Symphony
Vehicle Year : 1995

Back to top Go down

Post by CC Fri Apr 06, 2012 12:06 pm

All are welcome here Nick... (with the odd exception hugegrins ) the point being made is that you are much more likely to get help on forums that cover all makes of motorhomes rather than a specific make of motorhome like in our case Auto-Sleepers, good luck with your search for info anyway smile!

boxerman wrote:
And what does that tell you about Hymer owners? hugegrins they're not like us - we'll talk to anybody smile! You'd meet a better class of people if you bought an Auto-Sleeper.

Frank

Like it Frank lol4 lol4

CC

Male

Member Age : 59
Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EL Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Post by plattypus Fri Apr 06, 2012 1:25 pm

Yes, I like that too Frank snigger
What is it with 97% of Hymer owners? They do seem a bit aloof! don't they?
Strangely, one of the odd 3% actually waved at us last week, well his wife did think_smiley_46
So maybe not all too bad.

Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : 2006 Symbol ES

Back to top Go down

Hymer advice Empty It's probably.........

Post by Tommy-Darcy Thu May 10, 2012 8:58 pm

............down to what H.Y.M.E.R stands for .............

Hitler Youth Movement Enjoying Retirement [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 61
Auto-Sleeper : Duetto

Back to top Go down