The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Things to look for

4 posters

Go down

Things to look for Empty Things to look for

Post by Huchon Wed Mar 14, 2012 12:41 pm

Hi

new to this so here goes, will collect my Nuevo in two weeks, from a reputable dealer 12 month warranty so no problems. Just wondered if there are any points I should look out for specifically related to the 2006 Nuevo that you have come across. checked all the standard stuff like documentation, tyres etc, is there anything that I should check that is not obvious.

thansk
Huchon
Huchon

Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo

Back to top Go down

Things to look for Empty Things to look out for

Post by murph Wed Mar 14, 2012 1:45 pm

One thing that occasionally gives trouble is damp where water has leaked in through the joints in the bodywork or where the windows are fitted,into the insulation this has been seen in almost new vehicles, and is expensive to repair. This is easily checked by a dealer with the aid of a damp meter but as a good damp meter costs £400 or more it is more difficult for the owner to check. Therefore ensure that the dealer provides you with paperwork to show that it has had a habitation service, which must include a damp report sheet, to prove that there has been no water ingress when you recieve the vehicle. A habitation service will also also include a check on the gas equipment which if faulty could be very dangerous.

Brian
murph
murph

Male

Member Age : 86
Auto-Sleeper : Lancashire EK,ES.

Back to top Go down

Things to look for Empty Re: Things to look for

Post by LobbyLudd Mon Mar 19, 2012 5:47 pm

Presumably the base vehicle is the Pug Boxer. Ask for a run out on the road. (say this is to familiarise yourself with the controls etc. which is of course absolutely true)

Importantly when vehicle is running and particularly when vehicle is both going around a roundabout and cornering the other way listen for any undue "rumbling/roaring" from the direction of either of the front wheels. (a 'rurr, rurr, rurr, rurr' it could be described as often increasing when suspect wheel is under cornering load) Some Puegeot boxers were fitted with very poor quality front wheel bearings (MINE WAS!) each went within a few months of each other. It is not the cheapest job!

Have a look at the roof where the fibreglass sheet curves over at the front at the very top (front) over cab
some were assembled with a bit of stress across the roof cross member brace in this location (MINE WAS! Willersley admitted this to me at the time) It would be evident from slight crazing on this area perhaps just one side or the other.

Check any Puegeot recalls have been carried out on the base vehicle.

Oh' and check the slide out work top over the fridge(if fitted) does not keep 'flying out' on its own when cornering even gently (MINE DID!)

Apart from those points, from my point of view, a very well liked van over the years. content

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Neuvo
Vehicle Year : 2003

Back to top Go down

Things to look for Empty Re: Things to look for

Post by CC Mon Mar 19, 2012 6:25 pm

Huchon wrote:Hi

new to this so here goes, will collect my Nuevo in two weeks, from a reputable dealer 12 month warranty so no problems. Just wondered if there are any points I should look out for specifically related to the 2006 Nuevo that you have come across. checked all the standard stuff like documentation, tyres etc, is there anything that I should check that is not obvious.

thansk

Make sure the warranty is provided by the dealer and not an insurance policy the dealer takes out with a third party (as happened to us) "Gold Cover" sounds great at the time but in my opinion is a complete waste of time and not worth the paper it's written on! (try claiming) also we were told our vehicle would come with a full habitation check but got no certificate or paperwork proving this has even been carried out, upon questioning this with the dealer we were told "we don't issue a certificate" so again in our case not really worth anything and doesn't give any reassurance that it's even been checked.

Male

Member Age : 59
Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EL Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down