The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AutoSleeper Nuevo II Tyre Pressures

+2
murph
Nuevo II EK
6 posters

Go down

AutoSleeper Nuevo II Tyre Pressures Empty AutoSleeper Nuevo II Tyre Pressures

Post by Nuevo II EK Fri 9 Mar 2012 - 8:39

We have an AS Nuevo II EK the stated tyre pressures on the printout on the n/s door pillar is 5 / 5.5 bar which I find gives quite a harsh ride has anyone any experience of using different tyre pressures for a more comfortable ride ?
Nuevo II EK
Nuevo II EK

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo II EK Now Sold

Back to top Go down

AutoSleeper Nuevo II Tyre Pressures Empty Tyre pressures

Post by murph Fri 9 Mar 2012 - 9:31

I have a MK1 Lancashire, (a dealer special version of the Neuvo,) and normally I run my tyres at 70psi. I understand that the pressure marked on the door pillar which equates to 79psi is actually the maxium pressure that they should be inflated to. We have also been advised on this forum, to check tyre temprature across the tread immediatly after a run of about 1/2 hour, it is correct when the temprature is even across the tyre tread.

Brian
murph
murph

Male

Member Age : 86
Auto-Sleeper : Lancashire EK,ES.

Back to top Go down

AutoSleeper Nuevo II Tyre Pressures Empty Re: AutoSleeper Nuevo II Tyre Pressures

Post by Paulmold Fri 9 Mar 2012 - 10:33

Get the MH weighed at a weighbridge (costs around a fiver if you want a printout, often free if no printout required) in travel mode i.e. loaded as you would for a holiday, get weight for each axle, then check it out on this chart...

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Paulmold
Paulmold
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

AutoSleeper Nuevo II Tyre Pressures Empty Re: AutoSleeper Nuevo II Tyre Pressures

Post by Paulmold Fri 9 Mar 2012 - 20:58

Nuevo II EK,
I bet you wish you hadn't asked the same question on outandabout! That site goes into such technical detail that the normal reader is left totally baffled. For other members who don't know what I'm talking about see here...

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Paulmold
Paulmold
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper : Sussex Duo

Back to top Go down

Post by Axefixer Tue 13 Mar 2012 - 22:21

Since contacting Continental with the tyre sizes, load index and axle weights my 2010 Nuevo Classic runs very comfortably at 56 psi rear and 46 psi front and still returns 35 mpg with very low tyre wear - get it weighed and try it!
Axefixer
Axefixer

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo Classic

Back to top Go down

Post by breakaleg Thu 15 Mar 2012 - 15:56

Had my Lancashire 06 model, weighed, tyre manufacture reccomende 55psi rear and 50psi front
Pete
breakaleg
breakaleg

Male

Member Age : 68
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo Ek
Vehicle Year : 2021

Back to top Go down

Post by Nuevo II EK Fri 23 Mar 2012 - 8:59

I had a word with the manager at Bush Tyres the other day he suggested 65psi rear 60psi front and then see how it felt loaded but do not go below 50psi front 55psi rear so when she is loaded we will see how things are .
Nuevo II EK
Nuevo II EK

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo II EK Now Sold

Back to top Go down

Post by CC Sun 25 Mar 2012 - 22:10

We have been running 50psi front & 55psi rear on our Nuevo for a while now with no problems... I did think at first they were too low, but any harder than this and it feels like the whole van is going to shake to bits... probably explains a lot of the rattling we had when first getting the van as the pressures were ridiculously high which I don't think did the fittings much good, working my way through things we now have eliminated the rattles and have an almost silent vehicle.

Male

Member Age : 59
Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EL Duo

Back to top Go down