The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Availability of AutoGas from Countrywide

+2
Gromit
MikeJJ
6 posters

Go down

Availability of AutoGas from Countrywide  Empty Availability of AutoGas from Countrywide

Post by MikeJJ Fri Mar 09, 2018 9:27 am

AFAIK FloGas has now taken over the bulk delivery of LPG and the AutoGas sites previously run by Countrywide (which recently went into receivership).  They operate in the West Midlands area.

These AutoGas sites operate with a key system against a prearranged account with Countrywide.  I had been considering using these outlets as there is one only a few miles away, but didn't want to place a deposit for the key without knowing whether these sites will continue to operate.

FloGas Customer Services seem to inundated at the moment, I suppose by concerned domestic and business customers for bulk LPG.  Is anyone in the know as to what might happen?
MikeJJ
MikeJJ
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : MB - Burford
Vehicle Year : 2017

Back to top Go down

Availability of AutoGas from Countrywide  Empty Re: Availability of AutoGas from Countrywide

Post by Gromit Fri Mar 09, 2018 9:54 am

Hi Mike

The Countrywide store at Stoke Prior might have some information.  01527 831663

Johnson Brothers on the Two Shires Park trading estate on the old Honeybourne airfield has LPG.  52.079241, -1.829539

My tugger mate uses them to top up his Safefill cylinder. He just rolls up and gets the LPG - there's no key involved as far as I know.
Not far from you so it might be worth a look. Good excuse for a pub lunch at The Gate or The Thatch.  up!
Gromit
Gromit
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 80
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo EK LP
Vehicle Year : 2015

Back to top Go down

Availability of AutoGas from Countrywide  Empty Re: Availability of AutoGas from Countrywide

Post by Guest Fri Mar 09, 2018 10:22 am

I am a Countrywide account holder, we have a depot a couple of miles away.....however, I tend to use a better placed (main road) LPG station also close to us....but they have been useful from time to time.
Firstly, although you do get a key, not all pumps require it...my local one does, but not all.
Secondly, I have no idea if my local one is still operating...its just a tank and a pump in a large industrial estate....but I can check it out next time I'm out and about....
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by MikeJJ Fri Mar 09, 2018 10:36 am

Thanks both.  The nearest one to me is at Earls Croome, Defford; it seems to be "unattended" and separate from the Countrywide Farmer's depot, hence requiring a key.
MikeJJ
MikeJJ
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : MB - Burford
Vehicle Year : 2017

Back to top Go down

Post by Junige36 Fri Mar 09, 2018 6:28 pm

We seem to fill up with LPG at BP garages around the country. Unfortunately you pay VAT
Junige36
Junige36

Female

Member Age : 68
Auto-Sleeper : neuvo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 09, 2018 8:16 pm

Junige36 wrote:We seem to  fill up with LPG  at BP garages around the country. Unfortunately you pay VAT
Don't know the current BP policy but this was the story back in 2016..
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Milvus Fri Mar 09, 2018 8:37 pm

We’re  Countrywide account holders, and had a letter this week about the takeover. Basically it said nothing had changed, as far as using the account was concerned with no interruption to the supply of LPG. Here’s a list of their locations, which are useful for us.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Male

Member Age : 62
Auto-Sleeper : Bourton
Vehicle Year : 2018

Back to top Go down

Post by Junige36 Sat Mar 10, 2018 5:07 pm

Just read the MMM article bolero boy mentioned ......that is worrying. The BP garage in Dorchester near lidl Dorset is where we filled up last I think. Seems I may have to check out this Flo gas then
Junige36
Junige36

Female

Member Age : 68
Auto-Sleeper : neuvo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 10, 2018 7:12 pm

Junige36 wrote:Just read the MMM article  bolero boy mentioned ......that is worrying. The BP garage in Dorchester near lidl Dorset is where we filled up last I think. Seems I may have to check out this Flo gas then

Just check [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] (app also available) and you'll see whether a particluar station has been 'verified' by a user posting their fill date on the site.....although there appears to be two icons for the Loders filling station, nr Lidl, one of them shows 5th March as the most recent confirmed fill....so still going...
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulmold Sat Mar 10, 2018 7:56 pm

The Filllpg app shows if stations are temporarily out of stock as well as prices confirmed in the past 60 days or older. A lot have recently changed status to 'temporarily out of stock' (including my local Asda which is always the cheapest).

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaytee Sat Mar 10, 2018 9:29 pm

Just been trying to find the Filllpg app Paul but not showing on a search on my iPhone confused3. Is it only available on Android do you know?

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 75
Auto-Sleeper : Winchcombe
Vehicle Year : 2013

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulmold Sat Mar 10, 2018 10:16 pm

I wasn't aware but it looks like its android only but maybe there's a website.

Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulmold Sun Mar 11, 2018 9:34 am

Jaytee
Here are the listed sites around Filey and their prices and date updated. Perhaps you can see how accurate or not the app is.

Primrose Valley 80.9 updated 4/Feb
Gulf Filey 89.9. 3/Mar
Shell Station temp unavailable 30/May 2016 .(looks permanently by the date)
Bata Scarborough 64  29/Jan
BP Scarborough 70 .25/Feb

Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaytee Sun Mar 11, 2018 11:07 am

Thanks Paul, we are not far from the Primrose Valley one and that price is correct. Yes, the Shell near Staxton was pulled down ages ago but still seems to come up on various sites. Bata sounds good but I would spend more in diesel getting there.

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 75
Auto-Sleeper : Winchcombe
Vehicle Year : 2013

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulmold Sun Mar 11, 2018 11:09 am

Jaytee wrote: Bata sounds good but I would spend more in diesel getting there.
But if you happen to be passing !!!!

Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down