The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Water fill

+4
Maasai Warrior
Jaime 007
Peter Brown
Molly3
8 posters

Go down

Water fill  Empty Water fill

Post by Molly3 Sat Dec 23, 2017 4:53 pm

My nuevo has the electric water pump fill system ,it takes ages to fill the tank how, long should it take .or am I missing something ,is their a faster way , when filling I can hear the tic tic from a pump.

Last edited by Molly3 on Sat Dec 23, 2017 6:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Molly3
Molly3

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo
Vehicle Year : 2014

Back to top Go down

Water fill  Empty Re: Water fill

Post by Guest Sat Dec 23, 2017 5:05 pm

There are many posts about this system. If you type in 'whale' in the search box you will see a number of problems/solutions, as an example .....
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Brown Sat Dec 23, 2017 5:06 pm

I guess its the whale filler system. There is a filter just inside the van as part of the water cut-off solenoid - that is prone to block. The connectors are push on so its quite easy to remove and clean. There are pictures on the forum somewhere - hopefully someone will add a link to them.

Peter #1
Peter Brown
Peter Brown
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 71
Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EB
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by Molly3 Sat Dec 23, 2017 6:39 pm

Hoopman wrote:There are many posts about this system. If you type in 'whale' in the search box you will see a number of problems/solutions, as an example .....
Thanks for the lead ,I will have to make up a connector for the drain tap .
Molly3
Molly3

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Molly3 Sat Dec 23, 2017 6:42 pm

Hoopman wrote:There are many posts about this system. If you type in 'whale' in the search box you will see a number of problems/solutions, as an example .....
Molly3
Molly3

Male

Back to top Go down

Water fill  Empty Water Fill

Post by Jaime 007 Tue Dec 26, 2017 7:11 pm

I have got a Nuevo EK (2010) and it took me a long time to understand how to use the water fill system. Now, when I am preparing to go away it takes me 20 minutes max to fill the water tank, the capacity of which is just over 100 litres. Whilst it is filling I can get on with other jobs. However, I had a similar problem to what you are experiencing and it turned out to be the solenoid which was faulty and that was fixed at Willersley.
To overcome the possibility of finding myself in the position of not being able to get water on board I had -  to put it crudely,  a hole cut into the side and piping laid on so that I ended up with a system similar to filling a car with petrol or diesel. That job was done by Auto Sleepers at Willersley and I negotiated a 50% discount on the job because I argued that their solo Whale system was not a good design idea which left owners at risk of not getting water on board. The fact that I had presented a long list of faults to Alan Curry within months of taking delivery of the motor home may have had something to do with the company's "generosity".
Jaime 007
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 73
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo EK

Back to top Go down

Post by Maasai Warrior Tue Dec 26, 2017 9:17 pm

We have a 2014 Broadway and at our request, when new, we had a ‘hole in the wall’ fitted by AS, as having previously been caravaners we had painful experiences with submersible whale pumps in water rolls. This year we also had a Shurflo pump installed under the bench seat next to the Truma heater as we were having issues with the whale pump in the freshwater tank (we paid and the defective whale pump was removed). Everything working perfectly now. 

So glad you managed to persuade AS to give you 50% discount. Hopefully they are beginning to see the light with regards to fitting these inadequate whale pumps, though some on this forum still use them with no issues.

Pete
Maasai Warrior
Maasai Warrior
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper : Ex Broadway EB owner
Vehicle Year : Mar 2014

Back to top Go down

Post by PLOUGHLIN Wed Dec 27, 2017 12:02 am

I think the manual fill is now standard as well as Truma or Whale Autofill.

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 54
Auto-Sleeper : MB Gloucester
Vehicle Year : 2011

Back to top Go down

Post by Molly3 Wed Dec 27, 2017 12:23 am

Thanks for replys, as a back up I am looking at filling from the drain tap ,i am a newbie to autosleeper nuevo and still have some learning to do and Lott's of questions .Bazz
Molly3
Molly3

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Gromit Wed Dec 27, 2017 10:48 am

Molly3 wrote:Thanks for replys, as a back up I am looking at filling from the drain tap ,i am a newbie to autosleeper nuevo and still have some learning to do and Lott's of questions .Bazz
Hi Bazz

Possible I'm sure, but you would have to be careful not to blow the joints and it would not be a permanent solution - for me anyway!

If you are handy you could install a "Hole in the wall" yourself. You don't say which model Nuevo you have, but if it's the EK (like ours) the job is not at all difficult. A quick look at someone else's later model will show you at once.

A hole in the wall into the underbed space, through the floor of the van, and a hole high up the side of the water tank. If A/S couldn't supply all the bits I'm certain you would get them from CAK tanks.  [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

A/S would charge quite a lot, but mostly for the time it takes. 

Hope this helps.

P.S. I thought the 2014 models already had the manual fill hole, on the passenger side of the van??
Gromit
Gromit
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 80
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo EK LP
Vehicle Year : 2015

Back to top Go down

Post by Molly3 Wed Dec 27, 2017 11:28 am

Fitting a hole in the wall filler is the answer for me .would it work if I fitted a T piece to the drain hose .
Molly3
Molly3

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Gromit Wed Dec 27, 2017 11:57 am

Molly3 wrote:Fitting a hole in the wall filler is the answer for me .would it work if I fitted a T piece to the drain hose .
Hadn't thought of that.

I'm sure it would work as the water would find its own level - but it would be excruciatingly slow. Plus if you were not satisfied with the result you would have made a hole in the wall on the wrong side of the van. (EDIT - No, forget it. It would take all day, and you couldn't use a hose as the fill rate would be far too slow.)

If it were me I would copy what A/S are doing on recent vans. A couple of measurements (done three times each of course - then again to be sure!!  up!) and the job would not be very difficult. Perhaps most importantly, it would look as if it came out of the factory like that, which could be important if/when you come to sell the van.

Have a look at ours if you are down this way, or ask another member with a late model Nuevo who lives close to you. I'm sure most of our members would be very pleased to help - specially if you knocked on their door with a bottle of grape juice in your hand!  hugegrins
Gromit
Gromit
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo EK LP
Vehicle Year : 2015

Back to top Go down

Post by Molly3 Wed Dec 27, 2017 3:36 pm

Thanks Dave ,going of topic what is in electrical box behind the driver's seat ( 2014 nuevo ek ) tried to click likes but won't  work?
Molly3
Molly3

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by PLOUGHLIN Wed Dec 27, 2017 3:58 pm

Probably a Sargent EM40 or 50 Intelligent Interface Adaptor

Interfaces directly with Fiat/ Peugeot/MB Interface Connector
Provides relay controlled fused outputs for Battery Charging, Fridge, Marker Lights, *Air Conditioner, Electric Step, Awning / Entry lights & *Heater
Has inbuilt intelligent Electric Step Controller providing push button operation, automatic retract with warning buzzer, step-protect circuitry and selectable automatic operation with the central locking system Automatic control of the Awning and Entry lights via the central locking remote control.

Like this?  [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 54
Auto-Sleeper : MB Gloucester
Vehicle Year : 2011

Back to top Go down

Post by Molly3 Wed Dec 27, 2017 10:19 pm

Thanks for info
Molly3
Molly3

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by gef Sun Dec 31, 2017 12:21 pm

Molly you may have a non return valve on the van filling socket which may have become stuck you can release it by inserting the blunt end of a pencil and applying gentle pressure it worked on my 2016 model
Geof
gef

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Warwick duo
Vehicle Year : 2019

Back to top Go down

Post by Quilter Sun Dec 31, 2017 3:44 pm

Peter Brown wrote:I guess its the whale filler system.  There is a filter just inside the van as part of the water cut-off solenoid - that is prone to block.  The connectors are push on so its quite easy to remove and clean.  There are pictures on the forum somewhere - hopefully someone will add a link to them.

To lessen the chance of grit etc blocking the filter or damaging the valve, we have added a Karschner filter to the filler hose. The filter is one of those made for pressure washers. It’ s surprising what it picks up, including an earwig once.  Easy to clean and fit and not very expensive.
Quilter
Quilter
Donator
Donator

Female

Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EK TB LP

Back to top Go down