The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Burford Habitation Electric Step

+7
Kens988
roli
TravelKat
MikeJJ
Peter Brown
LadyBea
Ken Rees
11 posters

Go down

Burford Habitation Electric Step Empty Burford Habitation Electric Step

Post by Ken Rees Fri Dec 01, 2017 1:02 pm

Is it possible to disconnect the electric step so it stays in. When we are on site I have steps by the door to help my wife with getting in and out.
At the moment I have to move them each time I auto lock and unlock the vehicle otherwise the step automatically come out and jams against the steps.
Thanks.
Ken Rees
Ken Rees

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Burford Duo
Vehicle Year : 2017

Back to top Go down

Burford Habitation Electric Step Empty Re: Burford Habitation Electric Step

Post by LadyBea Fri Dec 01, 2017 1:37 pm

You can alter it on the control panel. We now put ours out manually but it automatically retracts when the ignition is switched on
LadyBea
LadyBea

Female

Auto-Sleeper : Stanton

Back to top Go down

Post by Ken Rees Fri Dec 01, 2017 1:40 pm

Thanks LadyBea. Not wishing to sound to naive but how do I do it on the panel ?
Thanks
Ken Rees
Ken Rees

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Brown Fri Dec 01, 2017 1:59 pm

To access the advanced settings, on the home screen (the one with the company / brand logo),
press and hold the up and down arrows together. Continue holding these buttons until the
screen changes.
To scroll through the various settings use the up and down buttons. To change a setting press
the select button (left arrow).

Step Automation

NONE – This turns the electric entry step automation feature off.
LOCK – This setting will cause the electric step to be retracted when the vehicle doors are locked (by the remote key or the button on the dashboard).
UNLOCK – This setting will cause the electric step to be extended when the vehicle door are    unlocked.
BOTH – This setting will cause the electric step to be retracted when the vehicle doors are locked and extended when the doors are unlocked. This is the default setting.

Peter #1
Peter Brown
Peter Brown
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 71
Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EB
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyBea Fri Dec 01, 2017 2:03 pm

I did reply Ken but it seems to have disappeared but Peter has answered your question. Thanks
LadyBea
LadyBea

Female

Auto-Sleeper : Stanton

Back to top Go down

Post by Ken Rees Fri Dec 01, 2017 2:05 pm

Thanks to you both, very helpful.
Ken Rees
Ken Rees

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by MikeJJ Fri Dec 01, 2017 2:38 pm

This thread has prompted me to ask a further step question. Intermittently, occasionally and seemingly without reason the step on mine comes out 2/3rds and stops. On pressing the button it immediately goes in again and a another press it will typically fully extend.  I assume a sensor must be at fault (I can't see any safety reason why it does that as no obstacle is in the way)?  Any suggestions?
MikeJJ
MikeJJ
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : MB - Burford

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Brown Fri Dec 01, 2017 3:35 pm

MikeJJ wrote:This thread has prompted me to ask a further step question. Intermittently, occasionally and seemingly without reason the step on mine comes out 2/3rds and stops. On pressing the button it immediately goes in again and a another press it will typically fully extend.  I assume a sensor must be at fault (I can't see any safety reason why it does that as no obstacle is in the way)?  Any suggestions?

Probably excessive road dirt crusted on.

Peter #1
Peter Brown
Peter Brown
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 71
Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EB

Back to top Go down

Post by TravelKat Sat Dec 02, 2017 8:48 am

MikeJJ wrote:This thread has prompted me to ask a further step question. Intermittently, occasionally and seemingly without reason the step on mine comes out 2/3rds and stops. On pressing the button it immediately goes in again and a another press it will typically fully extend.  I assume a sensor must be at fault (I can't see any safety reason why it does that as no obstacle is in the way)?  Any suggestions?
Ours has done this from new too.  We've just ignored it, and do what you do, ie press the button again and it comes out fully.  Subsequent use whilst on site has no problem, it only seems to be the first time when it happens with ours.
TravelKat

Female

Member Age : 69
Auto-Sleeper : Winchcombe

Back to top Go down

Post by roli Sat Dec 02, 2017 9:36 am

Ours used to go partially out or partially in and one of our members put me in the right direction.  Go into the control panel as Peter has instructed and scroll through the step settings till you see a number (in our case it was at 28) increase with the up arrow which we did working up till it reached maximum (32 in our case) and bingo went all the way out and all the way in
roli
roli

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Warwick Duo

Back to top Go down

Post by MikeJJ Sat Dec 02, 2017 10:15 am

Thanks for both your inputs.  Have increased step run time from 30 to 32 and will monitor more closely if/when it ever happens again.
MikeJJ
MikeJJ
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : MB - Burford

Back to top Go down

Post by Kens988 Thu Dec 07, 2017 2:25 pm

Hi had the same issue on my Burford Duo, wanted to stop the auto step feature.
Followed the instructions from Peter Brown and have successfully disabled the feature.
Many Thanks
Kens988
Kens988

Male

Member Age : 73
Auto-Sleeper : Burford duo
Vehicle Year : Vehicle

Back to top Go down

Post by pstallwood Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:51 am

I have just changed our step to 34 as we had the same part opening problem. 34 is OK but I might reduce to 32 and see if that still works.

I think I might do another post re the settings as I managed to reset everything and I think some settings are not as original. I did manage to sort out changing back from Fiat to Mercedes as the vehicle though.

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 77
Auto-Sleeper : Bourton

Back to top Go down

Burford Habitation Electric Step Empty Habitation step erratic operation

Post by Jamie D Fri Dec 08, 2017 1:32 pm

Peter Brown wrote:

Probably excessive road dirt crusted on.
We have a 2017 Neuvo with the winter pack, we have had problems with the step not operating and retracting through muck etc. Is it possible to have mud guards fitted to minimise this? Would also like them fitted on the front too.
Jamie D
Jamie D

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Neuvo LT

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam Fri Dec 08, 2017 2:49 pm

Another reason for a mis-functioning step is that the drive motor has come loose as I have just found out on mine. 
My step would operator intermittently and some times not retract fully. On stripping down I found that the bolt securing the motor to the main body had come loose. The consequence of which was that the motor body would move out of its registered position when the step was operated and therefore lost its reference point for totally in or out position.
This problem had to come light following a trip down a very mucky road and for which I believed to be the cause of the problem. Much cleaning and pressure washing failed to cure and it was only after the strip down that I finally resolved the issue. 
Liam

Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.
Liam
Liam
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 80
Auto-Sleeper : Warwick XL
Vehicle Year : 2021

Back to top Go down

Post by pstallwood Fri Dec 08, 2017 3:21 pm

Hello Jamie

We have mudflaps - they were put on to stop water getting in the habitation door footwell. A side benefit is that the step stays cleaner so I would expect that would help to keep muck away from the mechanism.

The rear mudflaps were supplied to our dealer by AS and are not as neat as ones that would go on a standard panel van - I am not sure that Peugeot ones would fit at the back anyway and we did meet a Broadway owner with the same flaps as us. I would think standard Peugeot ones would fit on the front.

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 77

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam Fri Dec 08, 2017 3:39 pm

pstallwood wrote:Hello Jamie

We have mudflaps - they were put on to stop water getting in the habitation door footwell. A side benefit is that the step stays cleaner so I would expect that would help to keep muck away from the mechanism.

The rear mudflaps were supplied to our dealer by AS and are not as neat as ones that would go on a standard panel van - I am not sure that Peugeot ones would fit at the back anyway and we did meet a Broadway owner with the same flaps as us. I would think standard Peugeot ones would fit on the front.
I would suggest that the mud flaps are a good idea providing your hab door (step) is near to the rear axle or better still in front of it!! 
However, as in most cases, if your door is near or at the extreme rear of the van then the mud flaps have little or no effect in protecting the step area from the general spray/muck carried underneath the van by the air flow. 
The best solution would be a full skirt behind the rear axle and across the whole of the vehicle. 
Liam
Liam
Liam
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 80
Auto-Sleeper : Warwick XL
Vehicle Year : 2021

Back to top Go down

Burford Habitation Electric Step Empty Habitation step and fitting mud flaps

Post by Jamie D Fri Dec 08, 2017 4:15 pm

Thanks for your advice on fitting mud flaps. Does anyone know how they are fitted to the wheel arch, are they bolted through the wheel arch? Our van has the winter pack on the wheel arches, can the guards still be fitted?
Jamie
Jamie D
Jamie D

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Dare-devil-dennis Sat Dec 09, 2017 12:53 pm

On my 2017 Stanton, the rear wheel arches have been extended during the build using sheet aluminium. they do not extend very far - in fact no lower than the skirt. they seem to be well fixed and sealed to the motorhome underside. 

Yesterday I bought a small rubber backed Coir (cocoanut) mat from Aldi for £3.99 which is plenty big enough to cut out two mud flap extenders that I will bolt onto the aluminium wheel arch extenders. I will fix them with the Coir facing the wheel to reduce spray. Length is a matter of judgement (guesswork), but I don't think they need to be very long or they will flail around and possibly break free.
Dare-devil-dennis
Dare-devil-dennis
Donator
Donator

Male

Vehicle Year : 2020

Back to top Go down

Burford Habitation Electric Step Empty Keep mud off your steps

Post by Jamie D Sat Dec 09, 2017 1:11 pm

Dare-devil-dennis wrote:On my 2017 Stanton, the rear wheel arches have been extended during the build using sheet aluminium. they do not extend very far - in fact no lower than the skirt. they seem to be well fixed and sealed to the motorhome underside. 

Yesterday I bought a small rubber backed Coir (cocoanut) mat from Aldi for £3.99 which is plenty big enough to cut out two mud flap extenders that I will bolt onto the aluminium wheel arch extenders. I will fix them with the Coir facing the wheel to reduce spray. Length is a matter of judgement (guesswork), but I don't think they need to be very long or they will flail around and possibly break free.
Good idea. Now I know how you got your username!
Jamie D
Jamie D

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Dare-devil-dennis Sat Dec 09, 2017 1:22 pm

Actually, Dare Devil Dennis was the name of a video game on the BBC Micro (remember them?) where a biker had to jump over obstacles. As a past biker, the name just fitted perfectly
Dare-devil-dennis
Dare-devil-dennis
Donator
Donator

Male

Vehicle Year : 2020

Back to top Go down