The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Motorhome parking in Ambleside.

2 posters

Go down

Motorhome parking in Ambleside. Empty Motorhome parking in Ambleside.

Post by jacktherussell Wed Aug 09, 2017 8:51 pm

Since the closure of the only motorhome friendly site,does anyone know how keen the wardens are in the carparks?
I'm heading there this weekend to join friends staying in B+B. I notice on the Ambleside parking website that motorhomes can be parked overnight but not slept in. As i've fitted a dividing curtain in the Kingham i'm thinking of leaving the front blinds open- the van appears empty when looked in from the outside.
jacktherussell
jacktherussell

Male

Member Age : 58
Auto-Sleeper : Kingham
Vehicle Year : 2017

Back to top Go down

Motorhome parking in Ambleside. Empty Re: Motorhome parking in Ambleside.

Post by repoort Wed Aug 09, 2017 10:22 pm

...when going through Ambleside the last few weeks, there frequently seems to be a motorhome or two in the Ambleside Rugby Club car park...one, a six wheeled Hobby, looks like it's been in the same spot for some time. Don't know whether overnighting is allowed, but it's quite open, right on a busy junction to Langdale.
repoort
repoort
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 74
Auto-Sleeper : T5 Trooper
Vehicle Year : 2007

Back to top Go down

Post by jacktherussell Wed Aug 09, 2017 11:00 pm

Thanks for that,I think I'll call there first and ask the question.
It seems so silly to have nowhere for motor homes to park overnight,although I understand the worries over 'travellers' taking over and ruining the area. I'll report back next week,as I'm intending to spend a few days around the area,whether in Ambleside or not.
jacktherussell
jacktherussell

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 09, 2017 11:24 pm

I picked this up from a wild camping website. It was dated June 2017 so it would appear to be the current position re the Rugby Club
(I played my last game there in 1970!!)

"Hi all

My name is darren todd

I run the bar at Ambleside rugby club.

I have been informed that people on your forum are discussing how our club works in terms of camping/caravan/motor home.

Can you please tell all members that we do/can not allow overnight stays unless it is a booked rally or private function.

No exceptions.

We currently have two camper vans parked on our car park but these are owned by our sponsors and they are using our car park for storage not staying there.

You can park on our car park during the day and leave a donation in the box but no overnight stays.

If you would like to Enquire about a booking for a rally or event please contact

Jeanette Irwin on 01539442025

Thanks darren

07772525080"

Next to the Miller Bridge Car park there is a rough field where I have seen caravans or motorhomes parked overnight.
John
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by jacktherussell Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:36 am

Thanks John,I think that makes the situation clear. I'm going early Friday morning so I'll have a good look round and still go for the car park and curtain option.
jacktherussell
jacktherussell

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by jacktherussell Fri Aug 18, 2017 6:45 pm

If anyone is interested I did find a parking place. If you approached the youth hostel from Ambleside,sorry I didn't note the road name,there is a slight right hand bend with a marked off area for free on road parking. There are no restriction signs,although it's only really suitable for an odd night as it is at the side of the road.
jacktherussell
jacktherussell

Male

Back to top Go down