The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

awning fitting

2 posters

Go down

awning fitting Empty awning fitting

Post by chrisk Mon Jun 26, 2017 6:50 pm

We have been looking to buy a awning but seems there are lots of makes that list the vehicle i.e. VW but the coach build seems a bit hit and miss i don't want to fix a channel on MH so have thought about fixing to existing wind out awning as this is aluminium, don't like the idea of ropes going over top of MH if windy could damage it, the height is 3.3m (11ft) would like a air one or one that just sits next to MH but not attached in any way.

Anyone else came across this problem.
chrisk
chrisk
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 74
Auto-Sleeper : Berkshire
Vehicle Year : 2009

Back to top Go down

awning fitting Empty Re: awning fitting

Post by Paramedic Mon Jun 26, 2017 9:45 pm

Hi chrisk, my understanding is the height of your integral wind out awning may be the same as on our previous Broadway that being 2.5 metres off the ground. You mention 3.3 metres but is that the overall height of your van? As I compile this thread, I'm looking through the Kampa Camper and Motorhome Awnings 2017 catalogue. You may be able to download it, [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] There's drive away awnings that for you, attach to your Berkshire awning rail. .Quote.. it will be easier to do this using an optional drive away kit. I mention the Kampa as we are interested to acquire one but of course there are other manufacturers to choose from. Regards

Last edited by Paramedic on Mon Jun 26, 2017 9:47 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Change last word)

Male

Member Age : 77
Auto-Sleeper : Broadway FB
Vehicle Year : 2013

Back to top Go down

Post by chrisk Mon Jun 26, 2017 10:06 pm

Paramedic wrote:Hi chrisk, my understanding is the height of your integral wind out awning may be the same as on our previous Broadway that being 2.5 metres off the ground. You mention 3.3 metres but is that the overall height of your van? As I compile this thread, I'm looking through the Kampa Camper and Motorhome Awnings 2017 catalogue. You may be able to download it, [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] There's drive away awnings that for you, attach to your Berkshire awning rail. .Quote.. it will be easier to do this using an optional drive away kit. I mention the Kampa as we are interested to acquire one but of course there are other manufacturers to choose from. Regards

Hi Paramedic

The centre of the wind out  awning is 2.75 been looking at all the makes including Kampa like one idea of fixing sides to MH which i think must be some sort of suction  cups could do with them going along the top as well.

Thanks for replying my hunt continues.
chrisk
chrisk
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by chrisk Fri Jul 07, 2017 9:06 am

Well after weeks of looking bought a 2016 kampa rally 390xl air for 550.00 off ebay brand new bargain price used ones going for same price
chrisk
chrisk
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down