The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Autosleeper Cotswold - Further issues

+9
dandywarhol
HighSue
Cymro
whisky
burlingtonboaby
roli
CC
Robbie
Rufus Stone
13 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Autosleeper Cotswold - Further issues Empty Autosleeper Cotswold - Further issues

Post by Rufus Stone Fri Jan 06, 2012 7:39 pm

Went out to check the vehicle this morning and noticed an insulated duct pipe hanging down. On investigation the 'Heath-Robinson' construction of this vehicle came to light. There is a Webasto heater located in the centre of the chassis with the two heating outlets facing the habitation door side. Two concertina pipes, crudely insulated, are slung without further support, from the ducts to the vehicle interior. One of the pipes had come away from the Webasto outlet and that was the one I had seen.

So out with the crawling trolley and under the chassis I go. The pipe is held to the outlet duct with a large jubilee clip so I was able to re-make the fitting. I also checked and tightened up the second outlet duct pipe and I hope all will be well, particularly as we are off to Moreton in Marsh soon. Vehicle new in March 2011.

One problem still remains; support for the concertina pipes is a must. I believe this will have to be a dealer job and it stems from bad workmanship in the factory.

Why oh why, when paying so much for a vehicle of this level, the silly 'no pride in the job' items let it down. Even a LED strip light flew out of its above locker location when I last drove round a corner. It had not been correctly secured and the Velcro fastening had failed. Good grief, what next!

Rufus Stone
Rufus Stone

Auto-Sleeper : Cotswold

Back to top Go down

Autosleeper Cotswold - Further issues Empty Re: Autosleeper Cotswold - Further issues

Post by Robbie Fri Jan 06, 2012 8:07 pm

Vibration does have a habit of making things come loose, any pics of the flexi pipe where u think it needs clipped more. Did you ask auto sleeper if they had any fixes or is it a one off issue.
Robbie
Robbie
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 59

Back to top Go down

Autosleeper Cotswold - Further issues Empty Re: Autosleeper Cotswold - Further issues

Post by CC Fri Jan 06, 2012 9:38 pm

Hi Rufus... Why don't you take these issues up with Auto-Sleepers, especially when your Cotswold is still under warranty?
I'm sure they would get these little jobs sorted for you content

CC

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EL Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Post by roli Fri Jan 06, 2012 10:27 pm

If your going to Moreton In The Marsh pop into Willersey (its in spitting distance) and get them to sort it out at the factory/service centre
roli
roli

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Warwick Duo
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by Rufus Stone Sat Jan 07, 2012 7:43 pm

Thank you all for your interest.

My fix was because we are travelling shortly and, yes, I shall take the opportunity to pop into AS service while down there. I live in Bedfordshire and my dealer is Marquis in Northampton. If it was a major issue I would certainly use Marquis as the reseller but minor ones I try and do myself. I felt bad because if I had not noticed the ducting hanging down I could, probably would, have lost it on the journey. Then I would have been in trouble.

There is a lot of AS customer loyalty on this site and the company should be grateful for that. It is the quality control that appears to be lacking, and not just in AS products. Other web sites report similar issues where 'pride in the job' is sadly lacking and with resolutions taking far too much time.

With the first habitation due in a month or so I shall make a list for discussion with Mr Marquis. Bye the way, for a habitation check do members normally remove all items from the vehicle or just specific lockers? In my case I would certainly clear the under bed compartment but I wondered about the rest. I remember that when Marquis did the habitation on my former vehicle they did not appear too concerned. Not sure though about this larger model. Thanks, Rufus.

Rufus Stone
Rufus Stone

Back to top Go down

Post by CC Sat Jan 07, 2012 8:59 pm

Hi Rufus

I guess the trouble is these days is every penny counts, and time is valuable during the conversion stage, as with most things today it comes down to profit margins and deadlines. I do think that overall Auto-Sleepers deserve the reputation and loyalty they have, pick up any magazine and they nearly always refer to the build quality and finish of Auto-Sleeper models.. the older models especially are testament to the quality of the marque.

I think maybe a lot of these little niggly things come about from people not getting issues fixed during the warranty, with any vehicle there will always be things that need adjusting or correcting, (like our habitation door) the main thing is how quickly and helpful the company is in rectifying things and offering good customer care, which I've heard many reports that Auto-Sleeper are always happy to help in these situations and is no more than I would personally expect if like yourself if I had paid in excess of 50k for a new motorhome.

As for the habitation check, re; emptying the lockers, I don't think that will be too much of a problem, most of the lockers they probably only open to put a damp meter in anyway, would clear around the boiler but other than that providing it's not "Chock-a-block" I don't think I'd worry too much.

Good luck with getting your problems sorted, keep us updated up!

CC

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Robbie Sat Jan 07, 2012 10:45 pm

Depends on how you look at it, if you leave loads in the van the chappie doing the check may think your not to worried when you don't make an effort to ease his job.
My take on it, Clean the van out completely, just have a few boxes and pop the contents of each cupboard into its own box, easy to put back that way. Also NOT that people have dirty campers but its a good chance to really clean down the camper from top to bottom. Drop it to the dealers empty which also lets u know if there are any annoying noises, once its empty it has to be sommit van wise and not contents.
lol when putting stuff back u may find stuff you thought you had lost or come across stuff u will never use hugegrins
Robbie
Robbie
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by roli Sun Jan 08, 2012 12:11 am

Marquis only did our van habitation once and that was cos it was free,
they insisted on it being empty at Preston. After that my regular mobile NCC Approved man comes and does it (due next Friday) no unloading, no trecks up the M6 and knows what he is doing
roli
roli

Male

Back to top Go down

Autosleeper Cotswold - Further issues Empty Cotswold further issues

Post by burlingtonboaby Sun Jan 08, 2012 9:21 am

Hi Mr Rufus.
I have had both my vans hab checked in Preston and Northants and concur with the forum that they insist on a empty van. Andy Silvester and his team in Northants are very good and dealing with any problems and go the extra mile to help you out.
I'm booked into Morton in may on my way down to cornwall, can you let me know what it is like please.

Good luck with your beautiful van.

Boaby
burlingtonboaby
burlingtonboaby
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 74
Auto-Sleeper : Devon Firefly
Vehicle Year : 2018

Back to top Go down

Autosleeper Cotswold - Further issues Empty Re: Cotswold further issues.

Post by whisky Sun Jan 08, 2012 10:56 am

Hi All.

Tend to agree with Robbie on this one. Gives a good reason to have a good clear out. Surprising how much stuff you collect thinking that will be handy. Then never ever use it. Also when clearing out you automatically do your own habitation and personal equipment checks, so tends to stop any nasty surprises later

Works for me. Whisky.[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] .

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Executive

Back to top Go down

Post by Cymro Sun Jan 08, 2012 4:48 pm

burlingtonboaby wrote:
I'm booked into Morton in may on my way down to cornwall, can you let me know what it is like please.
Boaby

I stay there frequently. Big level site, with most if not all pitches being gravel + grass. Sanitary blocks (2) up to usual CC standard. It's very convenient for the town - a 10 minutes walk (or less) on a flat pavement (though we take our cycles). Bit of road noise if you pitch adjacent to it. Tuesday is Market Day. Some good pubs and restaurants (we tend to go to the Redsdale). There's a big Budgen's supermarket, and a mini Tesco.
Cymro
Cymro
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo ES
Vehicle Year : 2015

Back to top Go down

Post by burlingtonboaby Sun Jan 08, 2012 8:15 pm

Cymro wrote:
burlingtonboaby wrote:
Boaby

I stay there frequently. Big level site, with most if not all pitches being gravel + grass. Sanitary blocks (2) up to usual CC standard. It's very convenient for the town - a 10 minutes walk (or less) on a flat pavement (though we take our cycles). Bit of road noise if you pitch adjacent to it. Tuesday is Market Day. Some good pubs and restaurants (we tend to go to the Redsdale). There's a big Budgen's supermarket, and a mini Tesco.
Thanks for that info Cymro, looking forward to the site enroute to Damage Barton and beyond.
happy camping.
Boaby
burlingtonboaby
burlingtonboaby
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 74
Auto-Sleeper : Devon Firefly
Vehicle Year : 2018

Back to top Go down

Post by Rufus Stone Mon Jan 09, 2012 2:35 pm

Thanks again to you all for your positive thoughts and information. I have spoken to AS this morning and will be calling in to see them during my stay at Morton.

I naturally have to remember that my van was pre-registered by Marquis so my contract is with them and all work under warranty has to go through Marquis. However AS can advise and then I can get things sorted out with Marquis later. I feel this is a good result to date.

Regards to all, Rufus. content
Rufus Stone
Rufus Stone

Back to top Go down

Post by roli Mon Jan 09, 2012 3:38 pm

Dont worry about Marquis and the Warranty thing A-S Centre wont. They know from the van build number if its under warranty and will fix.

We let Marquis have a bash at the many warranty issues they should have found on PDI and didnt. After one visit and not getting them sorted the van went back to Willersey who resolved all. You cant have as many problems as we did with ours new (They were going through a build problem at the time under previous ownership)
roli
roli

Male

Back to top Go down

Autosleeper Cotswold - Further issues Empty Cotswold issues - update

Post by Rufus Stone Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:37 am

Had a splendid visit to A/S Willersey; met Mark who was more than helpful. Main issues resolved and a couple of others as well. Unfortunately the reversing camera has gone u/s so will require replacement. I shall be taking the vehicle back for this to be done and also the chance of having the first habitation at the same time.
Good result and grateful thanks to all. BTW, it was jolly cold at Moreton in Marsh. All outside site taps frozen but the 'van remained warm and cosy, 'specially after the refitting.
Regards, Rufus.
Rufus Stone
Rufus Stone

Back to top Go down

Post by HighSue Wed Jan 25, 2012 2:02 pm

Hi there I see we are not the only ones with issue with heating system and the way the under chasis pipes are fixed or in our case not fixed. We found that when we had the heating on it was not getting very warm inside so husband crawled under the van on the wet grass and found two pipes hanging loose he pushed them back on and low and behold we had a warm van. We mention this with the dealer and they took a look and by the time we got there thay were off again. Brownhills said this was a maufactures problem so got in touch they said that agent were allowed to fix it. This was done but first time out same prbolem. Out came husband said he would cure it himself which he put on a jubilee clip on each and a couple of self tappers cured. We should not have do this on a new van costing over £50000. Other problems too many to go into including damp 1st service, £500 on the heating system out of 1st year warrenty batteries and now craking roof. Ho what joy two years old in March. Sue scratch head
HighSue
HighSue

Female

Member Age : 72

Back to top Go down

Post by Robbie Wed Jan 25, 2012 3:23 pm

Our van the heater system ducting underneath was secured with jubilee clips but one may of not been tightened properly as the long duct from the heater to the drawer under the wardrobe fell of in 60 miles. I put this down to 2 things firstly that ducting had no clipping for over 3ft and also the quality of plastic duct is wafer thin even though its somewhat covered in insulation (has gaps). The pipe heats up and expands and hence wants to fall off and also ours has kinked due to the heat and not being clipped hence restricting the air flow somewhat.
I need to inspect more underneath ours but just cant get a chance with the weather, started to waxoyl part of today and it started to rain so, rain stopped play so to speak.
What happened your heater system Sue that it needed an expensive repair so soon, the other issues you had its good to mention them as it gives others a chance to look out for them and some things are common across many of the MH's smile!

Robbie
Robbie
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by HighSue Wed Jan 25, 2012 4:48 pm

The heating system boliler drain failed to open which is esential in the winter months so booked it into a near agent to look at and they had take it off strip it down and replace the valve so while at it we had the boiler serviced. They told us when using it on a regular basis we needed to flush it out because of risk of hard water blocking the drain this they advised every 6 months with a special solution they could supply or for charge do it. Battery 2 of at same time has boiler repair at £200 never go on electrics dont watch tv but could not keep up with blow air heating on two batteries and 160w solar panel. Heating system * Inappropriate Word * give me a van with a fire any day. It has been back to Brownhills the agents for creeping cracks above the passenger door. They repaired it 3 weeks later thay were back so took it 90 mile to AS they had for 2 weeks in and out of bodyshop 3 times manager not happy with repair fetched it back on Friday dark when got home Sat morning looked the cracks back so now waiting to see what they are going to do. Bed leg has been replaced 3 times. Abitation door central locking works when it feels like it. Damp found on first years service AS sent a man out to look at it found it was coming in around the electrics socket outside not been sealed properly when built, they took it and repaired it. Yet another journey to AS. Shall I go on. Its not just the problems its the cost of two vehicles going to get back in total 180 miles round trip 8 journeys at our expence, plus the many trips to Brownhills first to look at it then back again to fix it. so_sad
HighSue
HighSue

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Robbie Wed Jan 25, 2012 5:07 pm

Blimey we thought installing 2 x 110amp batteries would keep the heating system going we also have a 80w solar panel, looks like we may need to add another smile! How many and what rating of batteries have you installed now as we also like to wing it at times or use CL's

Bed leg replaced 3 times censored! I'm surprised you need the heating on at all with that activity lol4 lol4

Seriously though the damp and gel coat cracking would have me worried and yes your right it would be a lot of expense and loss of time going back and forward to have things put right that should not of been an issue in the first place.
Robbie
Robbie
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by dandywarhol Wed Jan 25, 2012 6:44 pm

Is it just me or is anyone else getting the impression that AS standards are slipping......AGAIN?

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 69
Auto-Sleeper : Ex Clubman Anniversa
Vehicle Year : 2003

Back to top Go down

Post by HighSue Thu Jan 26, 2012 2:10 pm

Robbie wrote:Blimey we thought installing 2 x 110amp batteries would keep the heating system going we also have a 80w solar panel, looks like we may need to add another smile! How many and what rating of batteries have you installed now as we also like to wing it at times or use CL's

Bed leg replaced 3 times censored! I'm surprised you need the heating on at all with that activity lol4 lol4

Seriously though the damp and gel coat cracking would have me worried and yes your right it would be a lot of expense and loss of time going back and forward to have things put right that should not of been an issue in the first place.

Its not all the activity LOL lol4 its a bad design fault pastic against metal dont work. We have 2x 110amp batteries hopeing these will keep up when were out next weekend on a rally without electric. The panel is the best on the market I should know has my husband worked with a trader fiting them at motorhome shows for 5 years. Husband made a call to AS today to see what the crack was (excuse the punn snigger ) and said they had been in touch with the panel manufacturer and awaiting a call back. They intend picking our van up but they will need diesel in first or bring a transporter.
HighSue
HighSue

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Robbie Thu Jan 26, 2012 8:25 pm

It's good they are trying to get to the route of the Gel coat problem, I'll be really interested to see how you fair out with the batteries this weekend. We have a 2100w inverter fitted mainly just to heat things in the microwave now and then.
I just spent 8 hours underneath our Cotswold today spraying and injecting waxoyl, though it a good time to do it before its get gutters threw up underneath from the road. Tidied a few cables but did notice one of the water tank brackets a bit loose and one wire is rubbing on a edge and no play at all in the wire.
Apart from that and the heater ducting nothing of note jumped out at me so the inside and outside snag list is about complete for the dealer to address. smile!
Robbie
Robbie
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Autosleeper Cotswold - Further issues Empty GRP cracks and Battery lasting

Post by HighSue Thu Feb 09, 2012 5:26 pm

Hi was unable to try battery lasting time after all because of being snowed in and unable to get to rally weekend will report back the next time out.(When?) Now the reply from AS regarding the cracks under the luton on the GRP moulding (Taken three weeks to get some answer from them) Customer Service Manager Alan Curry wrote the following Been alerted to him the fact that there is an on-going problem with some cracks under the luton of your Auto-Sleeper Cotswold. I have discussed this but have not as yet been able to identify the cause so we have referred the matter to the manufacturers of the GRP moulding. They have yet to responed to our request-we are in regular contact and expect an answer this week - and until they do we are unable to plan our next move; in my opinion carrying out another repair without addressing the root cause would be a waste of time. Will be in touch as soon as we are in position to offer a permanent solution. In closing I should like to thank you for patience and reassure you that Auto - sleepers are committed to resolving this issue for you. Yours Sincerely snigger
HighSue
HighSue

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by CC Thu Feb 09, 2012 6:13 pm

Hope everything works out for you, keep us updated up!

Male

Back to top Go down

Autosleeper Cotswold - Further issues Empty Cotswold Problems update

Post by HighSue Thu Mar 01, 2012 9:36 am

Finally AS have rung for us to travel again down to factory to hopefully rectify the panel cracking. Want it for five days which isn't a problem but the cost of diesel is with two vehicles having to go. Keep fingers crossed it will be sorted this time after three trys. Also having both services done there instead of another journey to Brownhills (More money)
HighSue
HighSue

Female

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next