The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bourton Truma water heater..won't work

3 posters

Go down

Bourton Truma water heater..won't work Empty Bourton Truma water heater..won't work

Post by lucasg Sun Jul 17, 2016 6:09 pm

i'm having no luck to get the electric hot water to work. I can heat water with the gas but when I switch to electric I get the warning W45H which according to the book means no 230v power .

I am plugged in .. I can get the electric water heater to come on for about 5 seconds if I go to System Shutdown on the fuse box and then start up. But then the ! appears with the W45H code.

I am reasonably certain that I have mastered the electronic truma menu and I have turned the water heater on at the fuse box.

Any help or ideas would be appreciated... I am taking it to the dealers this week for another problem to be rectified so they may have another to contend with !
lucasg
lucasg

Male

Member Age : 70
Auto-Sleeper : Bourton
Vehicle Year : 2015

Back to top Go down

Bourton Truma water heater..won't work Empty Re: Bourton Truma water heater..won't work

Post by ajrm Mon Jul 18, 2016 12:52 am

I had a similar problem with my Truma 4e. Turned out the mains heating elements were shot and had to be replaced. Even though the van was out of Warranty, Truma paid for the parts. I paid for labour, which at around 5 hours was eyewateringly expensive.

Male

Member Age : 69
Auto-Sleeper : Ex 2013 Broadway FB
Vehicle Year : 2018

Back to top Go down

Bourton Truma water heater..won't work Empty Re: Bourton Truma water heater..won't work

Post by TravelKat Mon Jul 18, 2016 9:00 am

We had that exact same error code when our Winchcombe was 3 months old and we were at Rowntree in York, where there were EHU problems at the time, and, we suspect, mains spikes.  The error is actually saying that there is no mains voltage measured in the heating system.  There is a 10 amp fuse for the mains supply, which is hidden behind the inspection cover at the back of the unit; this is about 6 inches below a 10 amp fuse which is visible when the small inspection cover is removed.  It's very awkward to get at.  As our MH was new, we decided to have the fuse replaced under warranty by our local dealer, just in case of any future comeback.  

If this fuse hasn't gone, then as ajrm above says, it is probable that the element is duff.  The only other suggestion would be the white connector for the mains supply coming to the heating unit.

To prove that the reported error is correct, when you remove the small inspection panel, there is, on the PCB, a LED that flashes long and short pulses in a repetition.  If you look at that, you can then write it down and there is a look-up table for the Truma unit on the net, which you can use to look it up.  Sorry, haven't got the link, but if you input "flash error codes truma" you should find it.  Good luck.

Mr TravelKat.
TravelKat

Female

Auto-Sleeper : Winchcombe
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by ajrm Mon Jul 18, 2016 10:02 am

I think there is also a reset button on the control panel, have a look in the Truma manual or ring Truma themselves. I found them very helpful when mine went faulty.

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Ex 2013 Broadway FB
Vehicle Year : 2018

Back to top Go down

Post by lucasg Mon Jul 18, 2016 4:47 pm

Thanks for the info..will certainly arm myself with these when at the dealership. I rang Truma today. Technical Help there suggested that it is the 30amp fuse below the top 10amp PCB.. Or there is a faulty connection. Their advice was to return to dealership.
lucasg
lucasg

Male

Member Age : 70
Auto-Sleeper : Bourton
Vehicle Year : 2015

Back to top Go down

Post by TravelKat Mon Jul 18, 2016 5:41 pm

lucasg wrote:Thanks for the info..will certainly arm myself with these when at the dealership. I rang Truma today. Technical Help there suggested that it is the 30amp fuse below the top 10amp PCB.. Or there is a faulty connection. Their advice was to return to dealership.
It's what needed replacing on ours, but it is a 10amp fuse, definitely not a 30amp fuse; 10amp at 240V gives you 2.4kW, the elements are 2kW, so it gives you a little spare on the fuse rating.  Anyway, good luck with it.

Mr TravelKat.
TravelKat

Female

Auto-Sleeper : Winchcombe
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down