The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nuevo Water Level Sensor - Repair/adjust

+9
safariboy
steamdrivenandy
meanchris
Jaytee
crisp
Paulmold
groundhog
Cymro
Greyhound
13 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Nuevo Water Level Sensor - Repair/adjust - Page 2 Empty Re: Nuevo Water Level Sensor - Repair/adjust

Post by Langfordj1 Thu Oct 13, 2016 12:35 pm

I am about to descale my Nuevo fresh tank with citric acid- did you leave taps on or filler cap off to let gas escape or no need?
Langfordj1
Langfordj1

Male

Member Age : 74
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo es
Vehicle Year : 2003

Back to top Go down

Nuevo Water Level Sensor - Repair/adjust - Page 2 Empty Re: Nuevo Water Level Sensor - Repair/adjust

Post by Jaytee Fri Oct 14, 2016 8:08 am

roger7webster wrote:My water level indicator stopped working at the start of recent 2 month trip to France.
Back home I have managed to reach and clean the level studs through the bottom tank access. Not easy with the arm in up to the arm pit!!
Disappointing to find the studs are only threaded set bolts and as such will only help to attract scale formation. Cheap option by AS, should be purpose made SS pillars. I would change mine but can not remove the top studs with the tank in place.

That's an interesting point. Wonder if I remove the unused section of thread to make a smooth pillar it might work for more than a couple of weeks?

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 75
Auto-Sleeper : Winchcombe
Vehicle Year : 2013

Back to top Go down

Post by Vannie Fri Oct 14, 2016 10:27 am

I will be interested to see if citric acid works...I have an 2004 Neuvo and have the same unreliable water level indicator.
Vannie
Vannie

Female

Member Age : 60
Auto-Sleeper : Neuvo ES
Vehicle Year : Vehicle

Back to top Go down

Post by roger7webster Fri Oct 14, 2016 4:26 pm

Two points
1 Citric acid should work. It was used by the tonne to descale saltwater distillation plant heating coils.
2. Scale will adhere to a polished/smooth surface at a slower rate than one present on say a 6mm metric threaded surface.
Not sure if its worth the effort for a questionable gain. Citric acid cleaning is easier if access for manual cleaning is a problem
roger7webster

Male

Member Age : 85
Auto-Sleeper : 2012 Sussex EB panel
Vehicle Year : 2012

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Brown Fri Oct 14, 2016 5:37 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

See thread linked above, in particular my post of 24 Sept 2016

Peter #1
Peter Brown
Peter Brown
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 71
Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EB
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by Langfordj1 Fri Oct 14, 2016 6:54 pm

I have read the thread. I will try the descale first as seems easiest and if still a problem will get under the van and see if i can get inside to wire wool the studs. Appreciate everyone's information on this . Will post results of descale which I will do at acampsite for ease of access to wAter so will be a week or so before I get to try it.
Langfordj1
Langfordj1

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Greyhound Tue Oct 18, 2016 5:32 pm

Langfordj1 wrote:I am about to descale my Nuevo fresh tank with citric acid- did you leave taps on or filler cap off to let gas escape or no need?

No need really, the gas produced isn't really at a level that builds that much pressure, and the system is designed to work under a decent pressure anyway once the pump kicks in.

I filled mine with a fairly weak acid though, 500g citric in a the full tank (lets say 100 litres which makes it only a 0.5% solution). The tank also has a breather so not a problem for that side of things.

Gave it a quick purge through the system to get it into the water heater etc and left overnight.

Next day rinsed it out and all the sensors etc working fine again. Will repeat at the spring clean ready for next season :)
Greyhound
Greyhound

Male

Member Age : 53
Auto-Sleeper : Symbol
Vehicle Year : 2017

Back to top Go down

Post by Langfordj1 Tue Oct 18, 2016 5:43 pm

Noggin:
I'm going to try this approach in a week or so at a campsite with easy access to water and next week us half term so week after. Many thanks for your information and advice.
Langfordj1
Langfordj1

Male

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2