The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

found tv reception adjuster screw

2 posters

Go down

found tv reception adjuster screw Empty found tv reception adjuster screw

Post by steve00136 Wed Mar 16, 2016 8:36 pm

Occasionally when setting up the tv in poor reception areas I found that twiddling an adjuster screw on the signal amplifier removed the pixelating and improved the picture a lot. I only found this adjuster screw by accident when the amplifier cover fell off. It is difficult to spot and tricky to adjust in it's deep recess in the cover. So I have now removed the cover made a bigger hole that the adjuster screw protrudes then pushed a short length of plastic tube over the screw. Now I can easily see and make adjustments to the tv picture.

found tv reception adjuster screw Temporary_zps2pcqkupz

Last edited by steve00136 on Wed Mar 16, 2016 8:58 pm; edited 4 times in total (Reason for editing : cannot get image to display)

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 71
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo / Lancashire
Vehicle Year : 2009

Back to top Go down

found tv reception adjuster screw Empty Re: found tv reception adjuster screw

Post by moggyminor1966 Wed Mar 16, 2016 10:32 pm

I also found this adjustment last year whilst on a CL site where the Emley Moor transmiter was towering over me. The signal was too strong so I had to reduce the signal strength.
Why they could not have designed it with the adjustment on the outside I cannot understand. Good modification though!
moggyminor1966
moggyminor1966

Male

Member Age : 78
Auto-Sleeper : None
Vehicle Year : None

Back to top Go down