The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Vivanti turbo conversion

3 posters

Go down

Vivanti turbo conversion Empty Vivanti turbo conversion

Post by sedgewood Tue Feb 23, 2016 9:48 pm

I have now replaced the turbo in my 2002 Vivanti and thought I would let fellow owners know some of the problems I have had.  The chassis used by Autosleepers was a non turbo converted by a company called TB turbos of Lancaster.   They are no longer in business and I have to admit the quality of workmanship was a bit questionable.   To remove the turbo you have to take off first all the turbo air pipes the front of the exhaust and then remove the inlet manifold.  Then disconnect the long oil feed from the filter housing to the turbo.  This is one area that ALL TB turbo owners should check.   They use a rubber hose and on my vehicle there had been wear to the pipe as it was held in place by tye wraps and not a proper P clip.  It would have not been long before it would have burst as it is under full engine pressure - end of engine.  It is not a Peugeot part so I had one made up by a motorsport supplier in stainless armoured PTFE.  I was then able to remove the turbo complete with exhaust manifold.  The turbo, a Schwitzer, is now obsolete but was able to find a company to refurbish it and it was replaced with all new gaskets, stainless hose clips, nuts, bolts and studs.   Also I replaced a couple of the now corroded heavy steel turbo pipes with alloy, which also look nicer as well.   It will be interesting to see if my hill climbing ability has improved after all this effort!
sedgewood
sedgewood

Male

Member Age : 76
Auto-Sleeper : Vivanti

Back to top Go down

Vivanti turbo conversion Empty Re: Vivanti turbo conversion

Post by CC Tue Feb 23, 2016 10:29 pm

Thanks for sharing, very interesting.... Some pics would've been nice. See a few Vivanti motor homes on our travels smile!

CC

Male

Member Age : 59
Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EL Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Vivanti turbo conversion Empty Re: Vivanti turbo conversion

Post by burlingtonboaby Fri Feb 26, 2016 12:32 pm

One past by on the Marton road Bridlington this morning, must be heading for the Bridlington C & C site.
A wee bitee cold here on the coast.
Boaby
burlingtonboaby
burlingtonboaby
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 74
Auto-Sleeper : Devon Firefly
Vehicle Year : 2018

Back to top Go down