The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Radio aerial

2 posters

Go down

Radio aerial Empty Radio aerial

Post by Billy Ruffian Tue Aug 04, 2015 11:57 am

The external aerial for the cab radio has broken off on my 2012 Nuevo.     However, it doesn't seem to make any difference to the reception here in my drive, with or without the engine running.   Any ideas on why not?

I will replace the aerial simply because it supposed to be there - who sells these things?
Billy Ruffian
Billy Ruffian
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 74
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo 2 ES
Vehicle Year : 2012

Back to top Go down

Radio aerial Empty Re: Radio aerial

Post by Peter Brown Tue Aug 04, 2015 12:09 pm

Quality of reception depends on received signal strength based on power of transmitter, efficiency of aerials and signal propagation path.  If the signal strength of the station you are tuned too is high where you are just putting your finger near the aerial socket will give you good reception.

AS are in the habit of making a crude connection to the co-axial cable when re-installing the aerial after the conversion, leaving a length of inner conductor unscreened - that will be your current aerial/  As soon as you move away from a strong signal area you will experience noise, fading and severe annoyance!

In some coachbuilts, getting to the inside of the aerial requires removal of lockers and trim making what should be an easy job very complicated.

Peter #1
Peter Brown
Peter Brown
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 71
Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EB
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

Radio aerial Empty Re: Radio aerial

Post by Billy Ruffian Tue Aug 04, 2015 3:18 pm

Thanks Peter.    I've rung AS parts but they don't supply spare aerials so will have to try Peugeot as it's not the normal screw in fitting.
Billy Ruffian
Billy Ruffian
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 74
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo 2 ES
Vehicle Year : 2012

Back to top Go down