The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dometic toilet cassette

+4
Chinaexplorer
roli
Paulmold
Keith Coombe
8 posters

Go down

Dometic toilet cassette Empty Dometic toilet cassette

Post by Keith Coombe Wed Apr 22, 2015 5:03 am

Has anyone had trouble with the level float breaking off inside the cassette. Dometic  don't seem to be interested in it in New Zealand.
Keith Coombe
Keith Coombe

Male

Member Age : 87
Auto-Sleeper : Burford

Back to top Go down

Dometic toilet cassette Empty Re: Dometic toilet cassette

Post by Paulmold Wed Apr 22, 2015 6:46 am

Too vigorous shaking to empty can cause this. I've never had the problem but I believe with nimble fingers it can be replaced. Hopefully someone who's done it will be along to advise.

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Post by roli Wed Apr 22, 2015 6:52 am

Most dealers here Keith carry good stocks of spares for these toilets so it might present the same problem for us.
roli
roli

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Warwick Duo
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

Dometic toilet cassette Empty toilet cassette

Post by Keith Coombe Wed Apr 22, 2015 9:43 am

Thanks for your replys they don't seem to carry spares in New Zealand so I will have to do some more searching.
Keith Coombe
Keith Coombe

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Chinaexplorer Wed Apr 22, 2015 9:58 am

If the Dometic toilet is the same as the Thetford we have in the UK, then this video might help. Its the middle of three useful videos about servicing Thetford toilets. 
best of luck
broomstick

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Chinaexplorer
Chinaexplorer
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EK

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Brown Wed Apr 22, 2015 12:30 pm

The Dometic CTW 3050 toilet cassette you have is completely different to the Thetford most have experience of. I can find very little trace of spare components for the inside of the cassette and not for the float.

I have found a diagram for a similar unit:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

The slider unit can be removed from the top as a complete assembly and that seems to give good access to the internals.

Personally I have no faith in any make of toilet cassette level indicators and prefer the technique of 'visual inspection' to determine when an empty is needed.

Peter

Peter #1
Peter Brown
Peter Brown
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 71
Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EB
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by Gromit Wed Apr 22, 2015 1:30 pm

Peter Brown wrote:Personally I have no faith in any make of toilet cassette level indicators and prefer the technique of 'visual inspection' to determine when an empty is needed.
Peter
Quite agree, and I don't like having to heave a full one around anyway, so little and often is my motto.

Circumstances permitting I empty ours no less frequently than every other day. In the considerable heat of a North Island New Zealand summer (got the tea shirt! up! ) I would do it every day. Takes only a couple of minutes, and eliminates the nasty niffs associated with a well matured concoction that has marinated for several days!

Dave
Gromit
Gromit
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 80
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo EK LP
Vehicle Year : 2015

Back to top Go down

Dometic toilet cassette Empty dometic toilet cassette

Post by Keith Coombe Thu Apr 23, 2015 5:06 am

Thanks Peter it looks like that web site in Australia that you listed stocks them so I will give them a try if I deside to fix it.The hardest part will be fitting it as I think it is fitted before the two halves are glued together.I know the top comes off but I think it will be quiet hard to spring it in through that hole.

Regards Keith.
Keith Coombe
Keith Coombe

Male

Back to top Go down

Dometic toilet cassette Empty leaking Dometic cassette

Post by lyn Mon Sep 21, 2015 6:18 pm

Does anyone out there have the problem of a leaking Dometic cassette.  When I remove the cassette to empty it (every other day) there is about half a cupfull of urine inside the housing.  It seems to be leaking from the top seal.  Have had a new cassette supplied as my Symbol is still under warranty but it is still happening. Would welcome a solution.
lyn
lyn

Female

Member Age : 79
Auto-Sleeper : symbol
Vehicle Year : 2015

Back to top Go down

Dometic toilet cassette Empty Leaking Shower/toilet in a Kingham

Post by DRPH Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:44 pm

lyn wrote:Does anyone out there have the problem of a leaking Dometic cassette.  When I remove the cassette to empty it (every other day) there is about half a cupfull of urine inside the housing.  It seems to be leaking from the top seal.  Have had a new cassette supplied as my Symbol is still under warranty but it is still happening. Would welcome a solution.
 Hi, we bought a Kingham new in November 2016.; it has a dometic toilet. From the outset we have had 'water' in the toilet cassette compartment. It is still under warranty. For the best part of a year the dealer could not find a leak. Eventually, they determined that water from the shower was tracking down on to the pull-out handle. Dometic said - No problem (user error in other words) if used from above. Auto Sleepers finally came up with a solution to fit a shield over the pull-out handle. It didn't work. Like you, every time we went to empty the cassette there would be a good deal of water in the compartment. At first, we too thought that it was from the toliet (urine).

The dealer suggested covering the toilet with a plastic bin bag to see for definite if it is water getting in from the shower via the toilet. We tried it at the week-end, and hey, no water in the compartment. The dealer is getting a bespoke cover made, which is all well and good as a temporary measure, but we didn't pay £50K+for a solution like this. The dealer is at a loss as they say that no other similar cases are known either to them or to Auto-Sleepers - UNLESS of course, you know otherwise. The dealer has never refused to try and sort out the problem but now has the evidence to go to AS to ask them to resolve the matter properly.

Additionally, when we shower, the toilet bowl collects a huge amount of water, even tough the lid is closed, so we have to drain this by pulling out the sliding blade before we empty the cassette. We usually leave this a minute or so before closing the sliding blade again.

I hope that this helps and would appreciate any information from you that may help us.

Thanks
DRPH
DRPH

Male

Member Age : 48
Auto-Sleeper : Kingham
Vehicle Year : Vehicle

Back to top Go down