The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nuevo 2007 Leisure/Habitation battery

+2
Paulmold
keeper9
6 posters

Go down

Nuevo 2007 Leisure/Habitation battery Empty Nuevo 2007 Leisure/Habitation battery

Post by keeper9 Mon Mar 09, 2015 1:13 pm

scratch head
Hello,

I put my 2007 Nuevo on mains charge for 24 hours and the mains power works fine but the leisure battery has no power & let me down wild camping this week. I know that it could be any of several problems but I cant find the leisure battery to hook-it-up to a direct charger (sorry to be so dumb). Where is it going to be, please?

DOUG WATT
GLOUCESTERSHIRE
keeper9
keeper9

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Symphony

Back to top Go down

Nuevo 2007 Leisure/Habitation battery Empty Re: Nuevo 2007 Leisure/Habitation battery

Post by Paulmold Mon Mar 09, 2015 1:19 pm

Under the drivers seat on my 2006. I think the later ones still have it there.
But to get at it you need to remove the seat.
Paulmold
Paulmold
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Nuevo 2007 Leisure/Habitation battery Empty Re: Nuevo 2007 Leisure/Habitation battery

Post by burlingtonboaby Mon Mar 09, 2015 3:48 pm

Hi Doug
Welcome to the forum, the leisure battery in my last van, a 09 
Nuevo was located under the rear bench seat on the drivers side, it could be inside a wooden box not obvious on a casual glance .
The control panel will have an option to charge either the vehicle or the leisure battery. However the 07 could be different.
Boaby
burlingtonboaby
burlingtonboaby
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 74
Auto-Sleeper : Devon Firefly
Vehicle Year : 2018

Back to top Go down

Post by Actionmike Mon Mar 09, 2015 8:18 pm

H Doug,
Our leisure battery is in a"box" under the offside bunk, next to the wardrobe. I've made a easy access lid for our battery compartment, 'cos I like to keep a check on its condition, as our van has "eaten" two batterys so far! Now disconnect it when were not using the van. Ours charges up ok on hook-up, and when the motors running, but slowely discharges, if left for any time.
Mike
Actionmike
Actionmike

Male

Auto-Sleeper : NUEVO EK 3.0
Vehicle Year : 2007

Back to top Go down

Post by bikeralw Tue Mar 10, 2015 7:42 am

Also under the drivers seat on my 04. Removal of the drivers seat is the only way to get at it. This used to be a pain as only 2 of the 4 bolts had captive nuts. I've now modified it so all the nuts are captive, and I can whip the seat off in a few minutes. Mind you it's very heavy as it has the swivel mechanism attached.
bikeralw
bikeralw
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo
Vehicle Year : 2004

Back to top Go down

Post by keeper9 Tue Mar 10, 2015 9:31 am

Hello All,

I have found it under the driver's seat and I am able to recharge it without removal. But my charger says that the leisure battery has quite a decent charge already so I will leave it 24 hours and see if it is, indeed, a charge problem or a relay problem.

Thanks for the guidance.

DOUG
keeper9
keeper9

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by grantcoghill Sun Mar 15, 2015 3:43 pm

I have had experience of batteries that appear to be ok on charger but will not supply a load. Either switch as much on as you can and see what happens (better still monitor voltage while doing test).
Best test is one done by a garage where they connect a load bank. Shows up a faulty battery in seconds.
In short, don't be fooled by your charger.
grantcoghill
grantcoghill

Male

Member Age : 71
Auto-Sleeper : Neuvo EK

Back to top Go down

Post by keeper9 Wed Mar 18, 2015 11:44 am

Hi all,

thanks for your help. a relay had burnt out, telling the master control that the engine was running when it wasn't, hence no power allowed from a fully-charged leisure battery to the habitation circuits. all sorted now

DOUG
keeper9
keeper9

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulmold Wed Mar 18, 2015 11:58 am

Great. Not too costly either I think.

Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down