The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Seat Covers

+4
daisy mae
Spospe
Sue68
lucasg
8 posters

Go down

Seat Covers Empty Seat Covers

Post by lucasg Fri Feb 27, 2015 7:18 pm

The Bourton has yet to be delivered.... but we are thinking that we might like to put tasteful and washable covers on the seats. We asked at the last Motorhome show and to be very fair and complimentary to the furnishings company (Regal Furnishings) was advised against them. He argued that friction would destroy the surface of the original cover. We would prefer something that can be removed and washed on a regular basis.. possibly something cotton.

We would be very pleased to receive comments/advice/experience... thanks in advance
lucasg
lucasg

Male

Member Age : 70
Auto-Sleeper : Bourton
Vehicle Year : 2015

Back to top Go down

Seat Covers Empty Re: Seat Covers

Post by Sue68 Fri Feb 27, 2015 8:13 pm

He was correct. We had waterproof covers on our van and when we removed them the original seat covers were in holes
Sue68

Female

Member Age : 101
Auto-Sleeper : Duetto
Vehicle Year : 1996

Back to top Go down

Post by Spospe Fri Feb 27, 2015 9:06 pm

We use bath towels as covers and have done so for the past 14 years without any problems at all. The towels are held in place by means of nappy pins (remember them?) fastening the towels round the headrests. Bath towels are available in a huge range of colours and patterns and I am sure you could find something to match your van.
Spospe
Spospe
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 79
Auto-Sleeper : Warwick Duo
Vehicle Year : 2014

Back to top Go down

Post by daisy mae Fri Feb 27, 2015 9:22 pm

Did you mean cab seats or lounge seats?

In my Topaz I had genuine VW seat waterproof covers, they did a very good job  and didn't damage the upholstery in any way,  unfortunately i let them go when i sold the Topaz, on the lounge seats I have throws, easy to take off and wash.
daisy mae
daisy mae
Donator
Donator

Female

Auto-Sleeper : Hampshire Topaz
Vehicle Year : 2008 98

Back to top Go down

Post by Quilter Fri Feb 27, 2015 9:31 pm

I made a set of loose covers for the hab bench seats in our last van and they fit the seats of this one too.

They were made from Plumbs curtain fabric ( sold online in their sale ) by the wrapping up a parcel method. I used big poppers to secure the loose ends.

They were on the last van for 5 years with no sign of wear or damage to the original covers at all. We put fitted sheets over them to sleep on at night. I dread to think what the original, pale oatmeal, cloth covers would have been like if we had not used loose covers.

The same covers are on the new van and have had heavy use in the 10 months we have had it. No signs of wear either and we use the seats for lounging and sleeping.

The cab seats have quilted chair protectors that I got from one of the online stores - House of Bath or similar. They needed only sewing to shape them to the headrests and tape to secure them to the seats. Again, no sign of wear.

Q
Quilter
Quilter
Donator
Donator

Female

Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EK TB LP
Vehicle Year : 2014

Back to top Go down

Post by mousy Fri Feb 27, 2015 9:51 pm

These are from our Northants 2011 which was the Majestic version of a Bourton. 

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
mousy
mousy

Female

Member Age : 57
Auto-Sleeper : Northants

Back to top Go down

Post by artheytrate Sat Feb 28, 2015 6:27 pm

We bought a pair of front seat covers £36 from Halfords in 2006 they were called Pets on the move the only problem is that the  are green.  They are now on our 4th Motorhome and the 3rd new one since 2008 and when we have come to PX our vans at 3 years old the front seats have been as brand new.

John.
artheytrate
artheytrate

Male

Member Age : 74
Auto-Sleeper : None
Vehicle Year : 2017

Back to top Go down

Post by steve00136 Sat Feb 28, 2015 9:21 pm

We use a set of throws we got from Ikea that we "throw" on and tuck into edges including front seats when we get to site. Done this for 7 years now over 2 vans and works well. Get a material that doesn't slip and move when in use - they come in a variety of colours to suit most decor.

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 71
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo / Lancashire
Vehicle Year : 2009

Back to top Go down