The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Caravan and Motorhome show NEC Glasgow.

+2
BobK
Shuggiegreen
6 posters

Go down

Caravan and Motorhome show NEC Glasgow. Empty Caravan and Motorhome show NEC Glasgow.

Post by Shuggiegreen Wed Feb 04, 2015 7:22 pm

Well it is at least 7 years since I attended the above show so the wife and myself are going to visit the show tomorrow.I hope it is a good day out and that there is plenty to see. It wont be cheap as we have a 60 mile round trip plus the entrance fee and then a meal out I have found in the past that you can see as many motorhomes at our local dealers for free as can be seen at the show so im hoping that over the 7 years that it has improved.
Shuggiegreen
Shuggiegreen

Male

Member Age : 73
Auto-Sleeper : Clubman GL
Vehicle Year : 1997

Back to top Go down

Caravan and Motorhome show NEC Glasgow. Empty Re: Caravan and Motorhome show NEC Glasgow.

Post by BobK Wed Feb 04, 2015 8:22 pm

Shuggie ...  if you are friendly with your local dealers, or have maybe used them in the past, bite their ear for a couple of complimentary tickets ....  most of them have some.    I attended the last two shows and got compli tickets from a friend who trades in garden leisure accessories but displays at the show.    Enjoy the day out.....   won't make it this year as off to Florida for three weeks  (not in the van!)

cheers   Bob up!
BobK
BobK

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Autosleepless!!

Back to top Go down

Caravan and Motorhome show NEC Glasgow. Empty Re: Caravan and Motorhome show NEC Glasgow.

Post by Shuggiegreen Thu Feb 05, 2015 9:10 am

Bob Have a great time in the States I notice you are from Stirling so am I its a small World or so they say.
Shuggiegreen
Shuggiegreen

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by burlingtonboaby Thu Feb 05, 2015 11:31 am

Have a nice time in the states Bob, its a really dreich morning down here in Bridlington 
Boaby
burlingtonboaby
burlingtonboaby
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 74
Auto-Sleeper : Devon Firefly
Vehicle Year : 2018

Back to top Go down

Post by dandywarhol Fri Feb 06, 2015 9:56 pm

We were disappointed AS didn't have the 2 Mercedes vans open for viewing - "sold" signs on them both on day 2 of the Show. To be fair, the sign stated that you could ask a sales person to show you around but they were pretty busy today. To me a Show should be as it says.........

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 69
Auto-Sleeper : Ex Clubman Anniversa
Vehicle Year : 2003

Back to top Go down

Post by frederic Fri Feb 06, 2015 10:30 pm

Should have gone on the Thursday, we were there for 0930 so had to wait for 10.00 to get in but relatively quiet till lunchtime when it started to get very busy BUT all vans were on view even had a good chat with the A/S rep on 'Border Motorhomes' stand.
Had to have a wheel bearing changed on our Fiesta on the way up, strangely at 'Border Cars' Ayr, the day before so not a cheap trip.
Stayed at Strathclyde Innkeepers Lodge (Winter Deal) on the Wednesday night then an easy drive in to Glasgow after the rush!
A nice couple of days apart for the bearing trouble.
frederic
frederic
frederic
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 78
Auto-Sleeper : Topaz TipT
Vehicle Year : 2008

Back to top Go down

Post by dandywarhol Sat Feb 07, 2015 12:02 am

Its a 4 day show frederic - really no excuse for closing shop by day 2!!

Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by frederic Sat Feb 07, 2015 8:50 am

Yes I agree, they should have found some way to satisfy the customers request for a pristine 'van and the needs of others to check out all the latest offerings.
Me, I'm not sure that I would, if we could, buy from a show; it would need to be a good deal to let me allow others, I did not know, free range in my new Pride & Joy. We all have seen what show 'vans can look like inside after a spell of being open to the general public both at Shows and on Dealers fore-courts.
frederic
frederic
frederic
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by dandywarhol Sat Feb 07, 2015 10:26 am

Enjoyed the Show though. Plenty happening. If only a manufacturer would offer 2 side settees and a drop down bed, bliss!
Maybe it should be renamed the Scottish Caravan,  Motorhome, Camping  and plastisizsed Log Cabin Show next year hugegrins

Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Shuggiegreen Sun Feb 08, 2015 9:19 am

That is a tricky one we were there on the Wednesday and all the vans were open however, had I bought a van costing a small fortune I would not want it left open for the public to walk through so I can see from both sides.
Shuggiegreen
Shuggiegreen

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by dandywarhol Sun Feb 08, 2015 10:50 am

So when the "unsold" ones go back to the dealerships, get  tarted up and sold as new vans, there's still been a herd of punters walking through your new van. 
AutoSleepers appeared to be the only ones with locked vans,like I said earlier,  its a Show, not an occasion to inspect the paint and tyres..........

Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Shuggiegreen Sun Feb 08, 2015 1:16 pm

I suppose what you dont know wont hurt you. The Auto Sleepers were not locked when we there and we sat in both so assuming they had been sold as I said earlier I wouldnt have wanted everyone trailing through my new purchase and I think a lot of folk would feel similar about it. If I went to a dealer and did not know a van had been at the show I would purchase it totaly unaware however,if I knew it had been at the show I would want a few quid off of it as it is a demonstrator.
Shuggiegreen
Shuggiegreen

Male

Back to top Go down

Caravan and Motorhome show NEC Glasgow. Empty Glasgow SECC

Post by Valandnorm Fri Feb 13, 2015 1:31 pm

We were at the show on Friday. Really disappointed, though, 'cos there seemed to be a plethora of large coachbuilts, and very few smaller van conversions. And no Autosleeper van conversions. In fact very few Autosleepers!
We decided to go up on public transport  broomstick   using our bus passes biggrin . Travelled up Thursday, and stayed in a cheap hotel for a couple of nights, so made a wee break of it. Last went 4 years ago, and it was a much better show that time. Don't think we'll bother again for a while.
Valandnorm
Valandnorm

Female

Member Age : 71
Vehicle Year : 1998

Back to top Go down

Post by Shuggiegreen Fri Feb 13, 2015 4:14 pm

Thats strange on the Thursday there were at least 3 Auto sleeper vans on show by the company that sponsored the show. There were no doubt more large motorhomes than small ones I said before we went to the show we could probably see more vans free of charge at our local dealers than we would see at the NEC and that turned out to be the case so I dont think I will be back at a show for a while.
Shuggiegreen
Shuggiegreen

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by frederic Fri Feb 13, 2015 8:10 pm

Well we enjoyed the show and thought it was the best for motorvans in the 4 years we have been going!
Border Motorhomes put on a good show with, we thought, a fair selection of A/S vans though not any Merc. Vito  LUV's. There were plenty of van based conversions all round the show with a good selection in the boat and parts hall on the river side of the concourse.
With free car-parking and a 241, on the Thursday with the CC, not to bad a cost providing you took food & drinks.
frederic
ps Think I got the Man Flu cold  when there so I may have to reconsider all I have written smile!
frederic
frederic
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down