The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fitting my new drinking glass holders

5 posters

Go down

Fitting my new drinking glass holders Empty Fitting my new drinking glass holders

Post by Chinaexplorer Sun Dec 07, 2014 10:08 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I have just bought a couple of these glass holders from a chandlers to solve a problem of where to put the wine glasses when the blinds are closed and the table is stowed! I plan to fit them to the wall panels of my Broadway. Can anyone advise me about this. How thick are the wall panels? Can you screw into them? Is there any danger of drilling through to the fibreglass? Will the screws hold firm? Cheers!

P.S. They are not really blue - that just an effect of the photo!

drinksallround
Chinaexplorer
Chinaexplorer
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EK

Back to top Go down

Fitting my new drinking glass holders Empty Re: Fitting my new drinking glass holders

Post by artheytrate Mon Dec 08, 2014 12:01 pm

Would a good quality double sided tape suffice for this saving you drilling holes in the wall surface.

John.
artheytrate
artheytrate

Male

Member Age : 74
Auto-Sleeper : None
Vehicle Year : 2017

Back to top Go down

Fitting my new drinking glass holders Empty Re: Fitting my new drinking glass holders

Post by shuttle Mon Dec 08, 2014 12:27 pm

Try velcro,I've had a wall clock fixed to the wall in my Nuevo for over a year with no problems.

David
shuttle
shuttle

Male

Member Age : 75
Auto-Sleeper : nuevo

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Brown Mon Dec 08, 2014 12:43 pm

I would always prefer to stick rather than screw but thinking of the weight of a full glass of red wine and what it will do if it falls would lead me to add a screw for this purpose.

Find an accessory already screwed to the wall you intend to use, remove the screw and acquire some exactly the same length or shorter. Don't over tighten the screw as the bit of the wall that it actually bites into is a thin piece of plywood - many of the screws that hold curtain tie backs etc in my van are now screwed into shortened plastic wall plugs after the thread has failed.

Peter

Peter #1
Peter Brown
Peter Brown
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 71
Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EB
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulmold Mon Dec 08, 2014 1:17 pm

Have a look at this thread, there are some mounting ideas using the same cup holders, the bulkhead mounting seems a better idea than screwing into walls.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Paulmold
Paulmold
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down