The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Seitz mini Heki

+3
DuxDeluxe
Dutto
GrahamF
7 posters

Go down

Seitz mini Heki Empty Seitz mini Heki

Post by GrahamF Tue 18 Nov - 16:53

I would be interested to hear if any other member has ever had a problem with water getting in through their kitchen roof light, but only when the weather is both very wet and windy. It tends to occur mostly whilst stationary, but I did recently experience it whilst driving in Scotland during some rather vile conditions. I have been up on top to check it out thoroughly and I am sure the sealing to the roof is fine. What does concern me is that in the mini version, the crank control just operates in the centre of one side, but there is quite a flexibility on the corners when it is locked down and I could easily envisage a high wind twisting the lid and allowing water to be pushed in. I would be pleased to know if this is a "feature" that others live with or whether it needs investigating further. Many thanks to all.
GrahamF
GrahamF
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 80
Auto-Sleeper : Worcester
Vehicle Year : 2012

Back to top Go down

Seitz mini Heki Empty Re: Seitz mini Heki

Post by Dutto Wed 3 Dec - 5:16

Hi there,

I am replying purely to try and trigger someone else with this type of skylight to respond! wave

Come on troops.  Is it a standard problem or is there something that can be done? scratch head

Best regards,
drinksallround

Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Duetto

Back to top Go down

Post by DuxDeluxe Wed 3 Dec - 9:28

As with Ian, bumping it for you...

I haven't seen this problem with mine on my Broadway but can easily see what you mean with your thinking

DuxDeluxe
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 69
Auto-Sleeper : Ex Broadway Crown

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Brown Wed 3 Dec - 9:35

In recent years AS have fitted several different makes and models of 300 x 300 and 400 x 400 roof lights. Could you post a photograph of the one you have?

Peter

Peter #1
Peter Brown
Peter Brown
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 71
Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EB
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

Seitz mini Heki Empty Leaking rooflight

Post by GrahamF Wed 3 Dec - 17:12

Many thanks to Dutto, Duxdeluxe and Peter for trying to drum up a response. Maybe our members have not had such a problem, or perhaps I should not have titled my post "Seitz mini Heki" - everyone is maybe wondering 'what is one of those?'
Following up from Peter's suggestion, I have hopefully (???) attached two photos of the rooflight, inside and outside. (It was darned cold taking the one on top today with all the leaves frozen to the roof!). Anyway, I trust that it may help in identification, and once again my thanks to anyone who can contribute.

Graham

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
GrahamF
GrahamF
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Brown Wed 3 Dec - 17:34

The top of the unit is missing - I have experience:

This is what it should look like

And below is what mine looked like after a storm in Ravenna in June:

They are a Hartel 400 x 400 roof light.  AS no longer use them and I can't trace the manufactuer or any spares.

I had mine replaced with a miniheki plus at an installed cost of £284

I didn't realise it had gone till we had moved from Ravenna to Lake Garda or I may have found the top and been able to refit it.  I spoke to Mark Burdett from Italy and he said they had seen vans come in for service and the owners had not realised the top was missing.  Even without the top mine stayed watertight through some terrific storms in Italy, Germany, Belgium and the UK before I got a chance to replace it.

Peter
Peter Brown
Peter Brown
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete Taylor Wed 3 Dec - 19:48

Hartal, actually. winkin! 

They still seem to be in business:

I think they make the hab doors for some A-S vans too.
Pete Taylor
Pete Taylor
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper : Stanton.
Vehicle Year : 2014

Back to top Go down

Post by daisy mae Wed 3 Dec - 21:04

They also do doors for caravans and the waste bin is also Hartal. has name on the front.

Dr. Seuss
daisy mae
daisy mae
Donator
Donator

Female

Auto-Sleeper : Hampshire Topaz
Vehicle Year : 2008 98

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Brown Wed 3 Dec - 22:03

It just shows the difference a letter makes to a search engine!  Having said that, having asked the AS parts department for spares and being told they weren't available, I wasn't expecting to find anything.  I had the part numbers of the components (as I still have one on the van) and they din't produce anything either.

Graham, now you have a contact it will be good to hear if you manage to source a replacement part.

Peter

PS It looks like the UK agents are just down the road from me on the A50 next to Truma

GREAT BRITAIN

Miriad Products Ltd.
Park Lane
Dove Valley Park
South Derbyshire
DE65 5BG
UK
phone +44 1283 5860 60

Last edited by Peter Brown on Wed 3 Dec - 22:07; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : PS added)
Peter Brown
Peter Brown
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Seitz mini Heki Empty Hartal Roof light!!

Post by GrahamF Wed 3 Dec - 22:33

Many thanks Peter (B) for your input - I am truly amazed. Your photos could not be clearer. What beats me is that even though I had previously been up on the top of the van and inspected it very closely, it was far from obvious that the outer cover was missing.
I quite agree that it is the Hartal model and not the Seitz as I first thought. Thanks also to Pete (T) and Daisy Mae for the contact to Miriad Products - that was really useful and will be my next port of call.
Although I did struggle somewhat to work out the Photobucket system of attaching a photograph (their website has changed a little from your otherwise excellent tutorial), it just goes to show the old maxim of the value of a picture. I will let you know how I get on with sourcing a spare if the weather will warm up somewhat in these parts to encourage me to venture back on to the van roof!
GrahamF
GrahamF
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by pjkxpjkx Wed 3 Dec - 22:55

The same thing happened on our Warwick Duo.  The outer skin just disappeared.
I never liked it because it was noisy and rattled and if you accidentally caught it while taking the rucksack out of the overhead then bits pinged off.
Marquis replaced it with a [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Pete
pjkxpjkx
pjkxpjkx

Male

Member Age : 76
Auto-Sleeper : Warwick Duo

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Brown Thu 4 Dec - 5:23

Pete Taylor wrote:Hartal, actually. winkin! 

How did you find this link?  Once you go off it on the web site you can't get back to it and it is not listed on the site map.

Now I'm spelling hartal correctly I've done more searches and still can't find anything on that particular roof vent.  I can only think that (as AS told me) they are not produced anymore - probably because the top kept blowing off.  I still have one and it seems secure enough.......

Peter
Peter Brown
Peter Brown
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete Taylor Thu 4 Dec - 13:56

Peter Brown wrote:
Pete Taylor wrote:Hartal, actually. winkin! 

How did you find this link?  Once you go off it on the web site you can't get back to it and it is not listed on the site map.

Now I'm spelling hartal correctly I've done more searches and still can't find anything on that particular roof vent.  I can only think that (as AS told me) they are not produced anymore - probably because the top kept blowing off.  I still have one and it seems secure enough.......

Peter
I clearly have special powers....  broomstick

I put "Hartal roof light" into Google, then looked down the list for the first entry which looked like it was the Hatal company, rather than someone selling their stuff. The entry looks like
   : HARTALsky 
and it takes you straight to that page.

I love the internet. read
Pete Taylor
Pete Taylor
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper : Stanton.
Vehicle Year : 2014

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Brown Thu 4 Dec - 14:14

I downloaded the Miriad Catalogue (link above) and they do not list the Hartal Sky (as we now know its called) see page 270.  The only retailer I can find who advertises the unit is German - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] but I still can't trace any source of spares.

After an initial concern that I hadn't researched enough, I'm now back to being happy that I'd replaced it with a mini heki.

Peter
Peter Brown
Peter Brown
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Seitz mini Heki Empty Seitz mini Heki

Post by GrahamF Fri 5 Dec - 13:44

Like you Peter, my search for spare parts for the Hartal Sky 4040 has not been fruitful. I came across two firms in Germany that still list the complete unit (as far as I can tell using Google translate), but no possibility of sourcing just the top cover. Even if they did really stock them I could still be in the same situation if (heaven forbid) I lost another top in the future. The one point with the Seitz mini Heki is that the top domes are available separately.  Therefore it looks like I am going to have to take the same step as yourself and have the unit changed to the Seitz. At least it should make you feel better that you have not missed out on a possible simple spare. And I thought it was just the wind blowing the rain in .............

Many thanks to all
Graham
GrahamF
GrahamF
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down