The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rewiring factory fitted camera. Nuevo EK 2014

3 posters

Go down

Rewiring factory fitted camera. Nuevo EK 2014 Empty Rewiring factory fitted camera. Nuevo EK 2014

Post by Driftwood6 Tue Sep 16, 2014 8:01 pm

I have a 2014 Nuevo EK which is supplied new with a reversing camera. It comes on automatically when reversing, or it can be switched on using  a wireless remote control when driving forward (Although workable it is only a matter of time before the control gets lost or the battery goes flat at the most inconvenient time). I would like to alter the wiring so that the camera is always on when the engine is running, whichever direction the van is travelling so that in effect it becomes a rear view mirror by default. Obviously one of the wires is fed from the reversing lights or gearbox and needs to be swapped over to somewhere that is live when the ignition is on. Unfortunately my dealership has already shown that it is incapable of carrying out electrical jobs to a safe and professional standard and so I intend to do the job myself. Before ripping the van apart to try and trace the wires I am wondering whether anyone has knowledge of where the wires are routed and/or where the best power take off points are situated.

All help appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Driftwood6
Driftwood6

Male

Member Age : 76
Auto-Sleeper : 2014 Nuveo EK
Vehicle Year : 2014

Back to top Go down

Rewiring factory fitted camera. Nuevo EK 2014 Empty Re: Rewiring factory fitted camera. Nuevo EK 2014

Post by inspiredron Sun Sep 21, 2014 12:32 am

My wiring is under the cooled drinks box in the top of the dashboard,  passenger side. There are four screws to be removed and the box comes out. If you swap the AV wire from AV2 to AV1 you will get your desired effect.  AV plugs are usually ydllow.
If the wiring is not under the drink cooler it may be behind the interior light above the rear view mirror.

Male

Member Age : 82
Auto-Sleeper : Lancashire
Vehicle Year : 2012

Back to top Go down

Rewiring factory fitted camera. Nuevo EK 2014 Empty Re: Rewiring factory fitted camera. Nuevo EK 2014

Post by Driftwood6 Sun Sep 21, 2014 10:39 am

Thanks, I will investigate the locations you highlight. (being very careful to stay away from the airbag of course!)
Driftwood6
Driftwood6

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by inspiredron Sun Sep 21, 2014 3:26 pm

Driftwood6 wrote:Thanks, I will investigate the locations you highlight. (being very careful to stay away from the airbag of course!)
No problem with airbag! You will see the 4 screws. There is no need to remove the lid of the compartment. The box just lifts out.

Male

Member Age : 82
Auto-Sleeper : Lancashire
Vehicle Year : 2012

Back to top Go down

Post by Swansea Jac Sun Sep 21, 2014 4:35 pm

Ours comes on automtically when reverse gear is selected, but I over-ride that, simply by pressing the 'Power' button on the bottom RHS of the set.  It is
invaluable as a rear view mirror, as it is high up so gives a very clear view.  BTW...Remember to switch the 'sound' button off when travelling, or you will think you are being overtaken by a Formula One car!

Last edited by Swansea Jac on Sun Sep 21, 2014 4:46 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Sorry, I confused my LHS with my RHS !)
Swansea Jac
Swansea Jac
Donator
Donator

Female

Member Age : 84
Auto-Sleeper : Legend
Vehicle Year : 2000

Back to top Go down

Rewiring factory fitted camera. Nuevo EK 2014 Empty Thanks for your advice

Post by Driftwood6 Sat Oct 04, 2014 4:56 pm

Swansea Jac wrote:Ours comes on automtically when reverse gear is selected, but I over-ride that, simply by pressing the 'Power' button on the bottom RHS of the set.  It is
invaluable as a rear view mirror, as it is high up so gives a very clear view.  BTW...Remember to switch the 'sound' button off when travelling, or you will think you are being overtaken by a Formula One car!
Yes my last camera and monitor worked exactly as you say, however the monitor supplied with our Nuevo, although initially looking identical, is a cheaper model which does not come with the on screen touch controls. It can only be adjusted with the remote control. If I had realised that earlier I would have taken the one off my old van as it made no difference to the trade-in price. Unfortunately it is easy to be wise after the event.
scratch head
Driftwood6
Driftwood6

Male

Back to top Go down