The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pessimistic Dashboard Oil Level indication

5 posters

Go down

Pessimistic Dashboard Oil Level indication  Empty Pessimistic Dashboard Oil Level indication

Post by chriscx500 Mon Sep 15, 2014 9:16 am

Folks
 Advice please - when i switch the ignition on on my 2010 Nuevo EK i am presented with an oil level indicator. It always reads half full when i know I the dipstick is showing the oil level is topped right up. Anyone else had this fault/is it a fault??

Thanks
chriscx500
chriscx500

Male

Member Age : 65
Auto-Sleeper : Warwick Duo
Vehicle Year : 2023

Back to top Go down

Pessimistic Dashboard Oil Level indication  Empty Re: Pessimistic Dashboard Oil Level indication

Post by Paulmold Mon Sep 15, 2014 6:31 pm

On my Nuevo (older shape 2006) the oil level has always shown Oil-High which according to the handbook means its over-full and should be drained a little, but the dipstick has always shown it to be spot on full. Last week I changed the battery and obviously disconnected the power and now the level shows full but not over-full and the dipstick still shows the same level as before. I'm wondering if by disconnecting the battery it somehow corrects it to read correctly. By the way, although I have the radio code, disconnecting the battery did not stop the radio from coming on afterwards without entering the code. If you choose to disconnect the battery to see if it does correct the oil level make sure you have the radio code just in case if needed. Just a suggestion.

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Pessimistic Dashboard Oil Level indication  Empty Re: Pessimistic Dashboard Oil Level indication

Post by mikethebike Tue Sep 16, 2014 5:06 am

I suspect it is voltage sensitive. A new  battery has given a correct reading.

Mike
mikethebike
mikethebike

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Symphony
Vehicle Year : 2000

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulmold Tue Sep 16, 2014 5:32 am

Fair enough, it was just a thought.

Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Pessimistic Dashboard Oil Level indication  Empty Food for thought

Post by chriscx500 Tue Sep 16, 2014 5:43 am

Thanks for the idea. i had a completely dead battery a while ago so that may have sent it wonky (technical term!)

Chris
chriscx500
chriscx500

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Bessbus Tue Sep 16, 2014 6:10 am

I have a Warwick Duo on a 2011 Peugeot Boxer. I have read the Peugeot manual but can find no reference to the oil level indicator. Am I correct to assume that when turning on the ignition  a message on the dash shows 'Oil' with either four or five circles - I am assuming that this is the oil level indicator and that oil level is fine? Confirmation please.

Malcolm
Bessbus
Bessbus

Male

Member Age : 73
Auto-Sleeper : Warwick
Vehicle Year : 2011

Back to top Go down

Post by chriscx500 Tue Sep 16, 2014 6:44 am

Mine shows a bar chart for a few moments and whilst this is showing less than a half full the dipstick (on level ground) shows full.

Chris
chriscx500
chriscx500

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulmold Tue Sep 16, 2014 10:14 am

Yes mines now showing 6 zeros with lines under like this 0 0  0 0 0 0(maybe 7).
Paulmold
Paulmold
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by eldon Wed Sep 17, 2014 1:26 am

Paulmold wrote:On my Nuevo (older shape 2006) the oil level has always shown Oil-High which according to the handbook means its over-full and should be drained a little, but the dipstick has always shown it to be spot on full. Last week I changed the battery and obviously disconnected the power and now the level shows full but not over-full and the dipstick still shows the same level as before. I'm wondering if by disconnecting the battery it somehow corrects it to read correctly. By the way, although I have the radio code, disconnecting the battery did not stop the radio from coming on afterwards without entering the code. If you choose to disconnect the battery to see if it does correct the oil level make sure you have the radio code just in case if needed. Just a suggestion.

This is the same with mine on a 2005. Oil level high irrespective so I just do old fashioned checks and all is well. up!
eldon
eldon

Male

Member Age : 57
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo

Back to top Go down