The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Newbie Peugeot Boxer Autosleeper owner

+8
algy
Dutto
mike-eastman
burlingtonboaby
modelman
Paulmold
roli
Pbtrickyb
12 posters

Go down

Newbie Peugeot Boxer Autosleeper owner Empty Newbie Peugeot Boxer Autosleeper owner

Post by Pbtrickyb Sun Jul 20, 2014 9:19 pm

Hi all. My wife and I have just had our first overnight stay in our Peugeot Boxer Ravenna Autosleeper. We have a number of experiences and I'd love any input on them so I have an idea where to start pls. For info it's a 1999 2.5 litre diesel which has only done 15k miles.
1) having filled the tanks as per the instructions, we found the drinking water has a browny tinge to it. Is this likely to be rust or sediment in the pipes or tank, or something else?
2) The shower and bathroom sink taps show good pressure but both the hot and cold to the kitchen sink is very poor. Any suggestions what to check first?
3) while driving I was seeing the key code warning light come on and off at irregular periods e.g could be sat on a straight road with no obvious bumps or jolts. Electrical gremlins? Assuming it relates to the immobiliser there was not discernible effect on the engine or drive.
4) brakes seem to sequel a lot. In need of a strip and clean or anything more worrying?
5) is there any way to get more performance from the non turbo 2.5 Diesel engine?

Take your pick and thanks hugely in advance.
Best regards Richard
Pbtrickyb
Pbtrickyb

Male

Member Age : 53
Auto-Sleeper : Ravenna

Back to top Go down

Newbie Peugeot Boxer Autosleeper owner Empty Re: Newbie Peugeot Boxer Autosleeper owner

Post by roli Sun Jul 20, 2014 10:14 pm

asof_welcome2 
If the van hadn't been used for a while with water in the system it could well be coming out discoloured and needs a good flushing through.  All the pipework and tanks are plastic so its not rust.
Pressure at the bathroom and kitchen taps should be the same.  
Regarding the warning light this can be checked out by your garage if t/hey have diagnostic equipment or a visit to a Peugeot dealer
If you do a search on the forum there are a few posts on the 2.5 non turbo engine.

Last edited by roli on Mon Jul 21, 2014 5:05 am; edited 1 time in total
roli
roli

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Warwick Duo
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

Newbie Peugeot Boxer Autosleeper owner Empty Re: Newbie Peugeot Boxer Autosleeper owner

Post by Pbtrickyb Sun Jul 20, 2014 10:52 pm

Thanks hugely for your time to reply. That's much appreciated. I'll keep an eye on the fresh water and hope it improves. Still not sure about the sink tap pressures. I'm guessing I either have kinked or collapsed pipes or some crud in the system. I may be being a super noob but I would have imagined there would be a search function to help find appropriate topics? Thanks again. Regards Richard
Pbtrickyb
Pbtrickyb

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulmold Mon Jul 21, 2014 7:34 am

Welcome from N.E Wales.  The search function can be found in the light blue section beneath the purple main header. You have to think your words carefully as it will display any thread containing any words you enter even if only one of them appears.

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Post by modelman Mon Jul 21, 2014 7:39 am

Hello & welcome from S/Yorks. drinksallround

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 77
Auto-Sleeper : Amethyst
Vehicle Year : 2003

Back to top Go down

Post by burlingtonboaby Mon Jul 21, 2014 8:04 am

Hi Richard
Welcome to the forum from sunny Bridlington.
Boaby
burlingtonboaby
burlingtonboaby
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 74
Auto-Sleeper : Devon Firefly
Vehicle Year : 2018

Back to top Go down

Post by mike-eastman Mon Jul 21, 2014 9:29 am

Hi Richard,

Welcome to the Forum from Walsall.

Mike wave 
mike-eastman
mike-eastman

Male

Member Age : 75
Auto-Sleeper : Warwick
Vehicle Year : 2008

Back to top Go down

Post by Dutto Mon Jul 21, 2014 4:03 pm

Hi there,

Welcome from what is a beautiful day in Skegness! beachball beachball beachball 

Best regards,
 drinksallround 

Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Duetto

Back to top Go down

Post by algy Mon Jul 21, 2014 5:37 pm

Hello and welcome, enjoy the forum.
algy
algy
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 67
Auto-Sleeper : Clubman GL
Vehicle Year : 1996

Back to top Go down

Post by Shuggiegreen Mon Jul 21, 2014 6:58 pm

Welcome dont worry you will work through your list of gremlins it is all part of motorhome life.
Shuggiegreen
Shuggiegreen

Male

Member Age : 73
Auto-Sleeper : Clubman GL
Vehicle Year : 1997

Back to top Go down

Post by Pbtrickyb Mon Jul 21, 2014 9:06 pm

Thanks all
Pbtrickyb
Pbtrickyb

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Pbtrickyb Mon Jul 21, 2014 9:12 pm

Lol. I added a thumbs up emoticon and lost the rest of my note. Soo many other things to think about already.... Awning which one? What second gas cylinder to get? Should we get a second gas stove to cook outside n avoid frying pan splashes inside? How does the Sigma alarm work? Do the remotes just need batteries? Where can I get a replacement piston type arm for a sticking on of one window? All good fun I'm sure. Can't wait to go away again in a few weeks!!! Cheers everyone for the warm welcome.
Pbtrickyb
Pbtrickyb

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by fenderbender Wed Jul 30, 2014 5:57 am

Hi there sorry I'm a bit late here, welcome to the forum. I have the same engine, 2.5d non turbo,brilliant and bulletproof, not particularly fast but none of them are when you're dragging three tons around.If you are light on the accelerator and keep your speed to under 60 you should get very good mpg,more than the 1.9 diesels and much more than the petrols.You should be able to better 35 mpg, just make sure it has regular oil changes and cambelt change when required, at about 60000 miles or 5 years whichever comes first. I don't think you have much chance of getting extra performance, these are designed to cover space travel miles and are built understressed for reliability.change air filter every year,cheap from europarts.
Have fun with it.
fenderbender
fenderbender
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 70
Auto-Sleeper : Transit
Vehicle Year : 2013

Back to top Go down

Post by daisy mae Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:21 am

Hello and  asof_welcome2 from a sunny Leicestershire.

By the way not many use the on board water tank for drinking of, I use it for hot drinks , tea / coffee, water boiled, used for washing up, showers and personal washing, teeth cleaning, etc. for drinking water I carry two 5litre  water containers , which is used for cold drinks and the dogs water. have you got air in the water system,? easy enough to get rid off,  that affects the water coming out of the taps. I personally would give the whole water system a good clean out , camping shops /dealers sell the stuff for this purpose, what ever you do, do not use bleach or Milton, can corrode the steel pipes.

Good luck happy  and safe travelling.
Margaret .

Dr. Seuss
daisy mae
daisy mae
Donator
Donator

Female

Auto-Sleeper : Hampshire Topaz
Vehicle Year : 2008 98

Back to top Go down

Post by fluffles Wed Jul 30, 2014 4:47 pm

Newbie Peugeot Boxer Autosleeper owner

Welcome. Hope you enjoy our "lifestyle"

Your van may also be suffering from what's known as "sleepy van syndrome" or lack of use going by the low miles quoted.

Start to use it regularly and you may well see some improvement in some areas (but not the water tank!). There is a lot of sound advice above built on experience.

Good luck and travels

fluff

Male

Member Age : 71
Auto-Sleeper : Peugeot executive

Back to top Go down

Post by Pbtrickyb Wed Jul 30, 2014 7:16 pm

Thanks very much! I hope the water tank is the easiest job. I have a list now.
Pbtrickyb
Pbtrickyb

Male

Back to top Go down